murky

Importing Gear
« on: March 17, 2010, 08:29:08 am »
I have enquired in the States about importing a SX12 and SX7 to here. I have an  price of $1400.00 for all including freight but not import duty and I suppose VAT.

Any body else on here done it before and do you think its worth the hassle.

Murky

BDCS

Re: Importing Gear
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 09:16:30 am »
I've imported gear and you have to add our vat but there's no real grief. It arrives in the UK, they ring you and you pay the duty then it gets delivered. You need to consider its UK compatability, warranty issues, spares availability and the fact that they are asleep when it breaks down. UK dealers are indifferent to grey imported warranty issues and then you are purely reliant on the US dealer. Same as here some dealers are greast and some are merchant bankers

drive surgeon

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 12:31:15 pm »
hi mate i have and it was good but its not worth it now.  the dollar is nearly as much as the pound in reality.  it used to be the equilivant of 50p when i got mine so thats half the price of here. its not worth buying from there till dollar is better.

murky

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 03:51:27 pm »
Yep.

Thats what I thought really. Spares and repairs shouldnt be a prob as its only SX floor tools, no machinery really involved.

Also the stuff would probably come surface so could be weeks, whereas I go to say Altec and get it off the shelf.

Is the SX range really the best of that type of stuff or is there an alternative, seen cheaper at say Woodbridge but they have an issue some times with things dont they, you know, will it be as good etc etc.

Murky