L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

Oven Cleaner on kitchen floor
« on: March 12, 2005, 08:27:56 pm »
Just some help here if possible.Today I`ve been cleaning my oven interior with `Mr.Muscle`
oven cleaner.Some overspray has gone onto my kitchen floor which is Terrazzo floor tile.
There is just a slight marks where the oven cleaner has gone onto.No amount of rubbing with
a green scrubber pad will remove it.Any ideas for this problem? All replies much appreciated.
P.S. The wife`s back from her open university weekend course tutorial in London on Monday,
if she see`s it,I`m `dead meat`.The kitchen is her pride and joy.

Lewis Doubtfire.
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner

Tim Downer

Re: Oven Cleaner on kitchen floor
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 05:35:13 am »
Looks like all that hard work cleaning her Oven is going to be for nothing when she see's that, mate.
Can't think of anything, as the Mr Muscle cleaner has probably bleach cleaned the tile.
All i can suggest is you either go down to Homebase and buy a couple of tiles and get them in before she gets home......or pack your bags and leave the country!!

All the best

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

David Lauder

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 08:54:50 am »
It may also be that the spill merely 'etched' the surface of the tile, and this can be remedied by having the stone re-finished - as is done to marble and granite.

The Great One

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 10:29:49 am »
Hi

All oven cleaners, even those off the shelf, are caustic.

You need something slightly abrasive to scourer away the marks. You will probably not get them out completely but they may be improved.

Regards

Martin 8)

L.Doubtfire - The Blade Runner

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 07:47:56 pm »
Thanks  for replies fella`s,panic over ! I used some neat bleach with green scrubby pad,let stand
for half an hour or so,and  that did the trick.As I explained it was`nt too bad anyway although I
did have cause for concern at the time.In future I`ll remember to put some protective sheets down
first.

Lewis  Doubtfire.
L. Doubtfire
Window Cleaner