daraem

I need help
« on: February 03, 2005, 04:32:12 pm »
 Hi all :)

I work as a self-employed cleaner and I'm new for this forum. I find it really great. I need an advice, please. I have an offer to clean a restaurant, and they want the cleaning done after 11.30PM or early morning and be finished by 6.30AM.What do you thing would be a fair price, bearing in mind the unsocial hours.Please could you give me any opinion on this matter.  ???  ::)
Thank you in advance.  ;D

Fox

Re: I need help
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 04:50:13 pm »
You need to add more details, how many hours? How many cleaners?  How many days per week? What type of cleaning (general, to inc floor buff etc)  Where are you based?

daraem

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 11:21:52 pm »
Hi,
Fox, thank you very much for the reply,
I'm based close to Oxford.About the cleaning  I've been thinking to go for 3 hours. The restaurant is a large one, and there are 5 washrooms to be cleaned. I plan to involve somebody else, so we can do it together for half of the time. No floor buff, it will  be just a general cleaning, 7 days a week.
Is that sounds ok?
Any advice will be much appreciated.

Fox

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 07:58:19 am »
Do you mean 5 separate washrooms :-\  with at least two stalls each?  Or one washroom with 5 stalls?

Anyway if it is the former it certainly will be a large place and I can't see you giving a good standard of general cleaning in 3hrs for one person or 1.5 for two.  Have you spoken to them to define what exactly they want?  In restaraunts I do the waiting staff usually take care of the bar area and tables but all else is down to the cleaners.

Anyway regardless of time and schedule you will need to price it at a higher price for anti-social hours.  Think about you not personally doing it, what would you have to pay someone to go at the times you have specified?  Weekend cleaning will be slightly higher also.  Calculate your chemical usage and equipment, uniform cost, P&EL (I am assuming you will have key access - ensure you are insured for loss of keys), holiday pay, admin and any other outgoings.  An average % profit is 23 - 25%.

Hope this helps
Fox

BeeClean

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 03:42:55 pm »
Daream i agree with fox a restaurant with 5 washrooms must be quite a size and if you have to do anything in the kitchen then im not sure 3 hours will be enough. if they have offered you the job then i guess price isnt an issue for them. who have they had cleaning it before ???