summers rest

£'s per square metre strip & seal
« on: February 23, 2008, 05:43:56 pm »
have recently been asked to tender for a large office/manufacturing company and they have asked for a price per square metre for plastic floor stripping and polishing.
I would normally quote a price for the complete job but these guys seem to want different areas doing 2-3 times per year.
can anyone give me a clue.
Have nailed the office and routine maintenance just don't want to lose a 60+ hour pw contract by getting this wrong any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

Jonny jones

Re: £'s per square metre strip & seal
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 06:31:04 pm »
hi

i would price it at £5 per meter square,  but thats me

good luck

thanx jonny

trevor perry

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 07:17:55 pm »
 a lot can depend on how dirty the floor is and also if their is a heavy build up of polish etc. me personally think that £5 a metre is a little steep especially if you are concerned over losing the 60 hours work you already do for them.
  to give you an example of an area i did this week it measured 20 metres by 10 metres so thats 200 square metres it had a lot of furniture to move and i spent over 1 and half hours removing chewing gum alone (it was a student canteen they dont know what bins are for) it cost about £30 for chemicals etc and i finished it on my own in the day i charged £250 this only works out at £1.25 a metre and a lot will say i was too cheap but i do fairish of work for them and knew if they shopped round wouldnt find many much cheaper.
   p.s i was happy with £220 for myself after paying for materials and dont think i could of justified £1000 for one days work which is what £5 a metre would of been.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

summers rest

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 10:10:51 pm »
Thanks for your comments guys.
To give you an idea of size we are looking at approx 5 areas of around 300 sq m's each and although I would love to charge £7500 three times a year I don't think I would get away with it.
Thinking about going in at £1.75. Still not sure though!!
Paul

ZampaWall

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 10:57:11 pm »
around £1.40 per sq mtr.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 11:02:16 pm »
hi guys not much of a expert on this , but i had my kitchen floor done last year and was chareged £2.50 per mtr if thats any help .
where theres muck theres money

Gerry Styles

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 05:56:52 pm »
£2 - £4 is reasonable considering you are on site already
Premier Klean Limited

drive surgeon

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 12:13:30 pm »
seems ok to me.