drive surgeon

presure cleaning work gone dead already!!
« on: August 17, 2007, 04:59:29 pm »
hi its approaching that time again when the pressure washing work dries up,
i seem to last from feb to august, im dead now even, i put leaflets out and am yellow pages but people only seem to bother spring and summer, i have done ok tho this year considering the weather but think i need commercial work, domestic dries up now like i said, only been going 3 years and its been same each year. its not easy, no one wants it doing in the bad weather leading up to xmas. any ideas or help , im gonna have to get another job for the winter.  any winter ideas for us all to benefit from? add ons? thankyou.

Andy Foster

Re: presure cleaning work gone dead already!!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 06:16:02 pm »
Last year I added carpet cleaning to my list of services.
Costs a bit to set up and needs some training but has proved a sound investment.

Hope this helps.

Andy

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 10:04:18 pm »
hi its approaching that time again when the pressure washing work dries up,
i seem to last from feb to august, im dead now even, i put leaflets out and am yellow pages but people only seem to bother spring and summer, i have done ok tho this year considering the weather but think i need commercial work, domestic dries up now like i said, only been going 3 years and its been same each year. its not easy, no one wants it doing in the bad weather leading up to xmas. any ideas or help , im gonna have to get another job for the winter.  any winter ideas for us all to benefit from? add ons? thankyou.
do you have a website??? as I am not seeing it advertised m8, give me a call

drive surgeon

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 09:21:59 am »
where do you get training for carpet cleaning and how much am i looking at to get fully set up, im still in a renault kangoo van at mo, cant afford a bigger van.

Andy Foster

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 09:36:35 am »
Hi

I run a citroen dispatch so not much bigger, a kangoo is plenty for a portable carpet cleaner and kit.
Training can be done all around the country and if you go to the buy and sell part of this site you will find plenty of carpet machines for sale.
I spend some time on the capet cleaning section also, they give great advice there.
Its worth reading previous posts about what machine/chemicals etc.

Those guys are plenty more experienced than I am and so best take advice from them rather than me, but if I can help, let me know.

Where abouts are you based?

Andy

drive surgeon

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 09:38:39 am »
thanks andy, much appreciated advice, im in liverpool.  i want to get as good a kit as possib if i find one.e as all my work is to the highest standard.  will try go on a course.

Andy Foster

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 09:45:15 am »
Good luck with that.
I am sure you will get some great advice from the guys on the cc section.

The training is essential... a mistake in someone's house can be expensive!

Andy

drive surgeon

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 09:57:13 am »
another thing, as i need a bigger van to carry a big tank of water which will help me to get contracts is it advisable to get one on finance? last year i had no work in the winter so i will be putting myself under immense strain to get work in, but at least i will be mobile without needing to find a stand pipe or tap on site.  its not easy building up when work is only seasonal but i cant get contracts with a kangoo surely.   ???

Andy Foster

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 10:50:49 am »
Do you carry your pressure washing stuff around in the kangoo then or on a trailer?
Getting a trailer is cheaper than getting a new van, stick your pressure washing stuff on it, along with a water tank and keep the van 'clean' inside for the carpet cleaning... works for me and I have won a number of contracts with some big companies on this setup.
Also means that when carpet cleaning, you are not carrying around the pressure stuff, saves a fortune in juice.

A

drive surgeon

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 11:34:31 am »
hi thats a good idea andy, a big van is too expensive at present. i carry all my pressure washing equipment inside my van, its a struggle i tell you. what size tank do you have, i was after a 1000 litre tank likw those you get on a pallet, but i would need a big trailer for this wouldnt i? you still only get an hours cleaning from that size tank dont you. what you use and how long does it last. what kind of contract work do you do? sorry for all ques ;)tions.

drive surgeon

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 11:59:19 am »
hi thats a good idea andy, a big van is too expensive at present. i carry all my pressure washing equipment inside my van, its a struggle i tell you. what size tank do you have, i was after a 1000 litre tank likw those you get on a pallet, but i would need a big trailer for this wouldnt i? you still only get an hours cleaning from that size tank dont you. what you use and how long does it last. what kind of contract work do you do? sorry for all ques ;)tions.
i wondered what type and size of trailer would be best for my van and what size tank would be ok, the van might struggle to pull 1ooo litre tank on a trailer.??

Andy Foster

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 05:23:35 pm »
I use a 500ltr tank but never travel with it full, always use customer's supply to fill it.
You will need to check the gwt of your van but it should pull a medium sized triler with a pump, hoses and empty tank on it.

drive surgeon

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2007, 12:41:44 pm »
thanks for the usefull advice