Mrs Nicholls

working from home
« on: September 16, 2006, 12:13:25 pm »
hi all, I know this has been discussed aleady but i can't find the thread.

I'm moving into my own place, which is big enough for me to have my office properly set out in one of the downstairs rooms.

(currently still at my parents and working/living etc from my bedroom, sad i know)

could i claim part of the rent/electric etc as a business expense?

Bizzie Lizzie

Re: working from home
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 12:38:38 pm »
Hi Lisa,

Hows business? And yourself?

I work from home and I know that I had to inform the local council that I was using a room as an office, but if you say it is used for other purposes aswell it is ok and shiould be exempt from any other bills!

Yes you can put down certain expenses your accountant willl tell you more.

Hope this helps

regards
Jan - Bizzie Lizzie 

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 02:56:34 pm »
Hi Jan
Everything is going well thank you, just the age old problem of finding cleaners, no-one seems to want to work for us.

can't advertise anymore, as we are almost at full capacity for the two of us, oly 1 or 2 slots left per week.

Hope you are keeping busy and doing well.

I really should see an accountant, had a meeting with a big accountacy company and they wanted to charge quite a bit just to help with simple short tax assessment, but i suppose, it's worth it in the long run.

thanks
Lisa

*Chris Browne

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 05:14:07 pm »
Lisa, i;m gonna come round there and give you a slap ;D if you dont sort out an accoutant, its gotta be worth it!!it would only cost you around £20-£30 quid a month if you do a  search.
i,m sure others would back me up on this matter ;D

chris ;)

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 05:52:37 pm »
slap away, i need it at the moment.  ;D :P

I'm starting to get I disagree into gear, after my grandad passed away 2 weeks ago, and the funeral yesterday, it has opened my eyes to my own life and i had got into a bit of a rut. I'm seeing an accountant friend (i actually know one!) in the week.  ;D

Tim Downer

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 11:12:27 am »
Sorry to hear the bad news Lisa.....not nice whoever it is.

But as you say, if your eyes have been opened and you can get out of your rut.....then good for you.

My accountant charges £150 a year to do the books for the tax man.....and it comes off as expenses.
We do the dayly running of the books, he does the end of year stuff and is always at the end of the phone.

Well worth doing me thinks.

Regards

Tim
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 03:50:40 pm »
by the way, ive just noticed, where it says 'i disagree' up there, i actually said my bottom, well a word that means bottom but begins with A then R and S and E ;D  lol

Tim Downer

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 06:16:02 pm »
  ;D  ;D  ;D
Tim Downer
Manager

"The difference between Ordinary and Extraordinary.....is that little Extra"