Simon watkins

Your Business
« on: June 20, 2011, 07:21:42 am »
Hi all, just a quick one, how's your pressure washing businesses  doing right now with the country being in the state it's in . I'm asking as this weekend I've seen three businesses up for sale only small ones, one van + power wash etc . Is this a sign of the times.

kevin

Re: Your Business
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 05:04:59 pm »
Its very much up and down I have had 6/8 jobs in a week ,then next week one  8)

BDCS

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 05:38:50 pm »
If I just relied on the pressure washing I'd struggle so I have added a couple of other services and as a result manage to struggle a little less
pressure washing
drain cleaning and cctv surveys
gutter cleaning - vacuum
trauma cleaning including needle picks etc
carpet cleaning
pest control
pat testing
window cleaning
bouncy castle hire and also look after a play centre's maintenance
So no one thing carries the full load but yes I do keep very busy with most of the work being an established customer base or from our websites - we are dumping all of the paper advertising           

Matt Gibson

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 07:19:09 pm »
Are there lots of rules and regs forthe trauma cleaning?

BDCS

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 07:31:15 pm »
None really because its not regulated

Blast Away

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 09:07:56 pm »
Are there lots of rules and regs forthe trauma cleaning?

It is essential to have a bio hazardous waste disposal license though, I believe.

Alan McTernan

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 09:14:40 pm »
Hi all, just a quick one, how's your pressure washing businesses  doing right now with the country being in the state it's in . I'm asking as this weekend I've seen three businesses up for sale only small ones, one van + power wash etc . Is this a sign of the times.

What you mean dirty? ;D

BDCS

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 09:30:13 pm »
No you can just get the licenced carrier remove the waste from site - I am although fully licenced. If done correctly you need everything in place but if your not asked - you need nowt

Simon watkins

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 09:41:26 pm »
Any of you pressure washing lot busy just pressure washing and not having to do anything else ( small one man type)

Blast Away

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 11:15:06 pm »
We've always got plenty of work on. It's all steam cleaning/pressure washing what we do.

Graffiti, gum, chem brick cleans, drives, patios, roofs,  pubs, residential blocks, schools, food stores etc

Londoner

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 08:36:42 am »
None really because its not regulated

And there is no work. Biggest con in the cleaning industry. Somebody starts running courses in Trauma and "Crime Scene" clean up and people start believing there is business to be had.