Ged

free website software
« on: March 14, 2011, 07:50:06 pm »
has anyone experience/ comments/advice about using the free  sortware to build a website ? or infact any other free package i believe Getting British Business Online do one.
regards

ged

cleaner-exteriors

Re: free website software
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 08:10:02 pm »
I would recomend using wordpress for a simple but effective site, there are loads of different themes and free plugins, for hosting i use hostgator as i find the customer service is pretty good

http://wordpress.org/

Matt

Matt Gibson

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 08:48:03 am »
I used microsoft small business to create my website. A few on here use it. Its simple and you can get a good result.

http://www.officelive.com/en-GB/

Cheers,

Matt

Blast Off Stoke

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 09:39:52 am »
I use microsoft office too,I think it costs about £10 for 2 - 3 years and is quite east too use, but it does have limited editing and page layout.

TonyW65

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 12:31:59 pm »
Wordpress has to be the choice for free, effective website building.

Google loves blogs and it loves WordPress. Dont let the blog thing put you off, you can still build a static site with it.

If you can drive word to any degree you can drive this no problem.

I recommend a good host, I use machine networks, who have helped me out countless times when I fubar'd everything! Its about £4 a month and has the software to auto install once you have your account.

You can try the free version from wordpress.org but lots of the plugins (these are free gadgets to add to your site to make it generate sitemaps, improve your seo etc) dont work....

I also use something called Concrete5 CMS, a little more techy to setup, but once done, its very easy to build a site.

garyj

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 11:30:24 am »
LOL, what's a 'Lifestyle Engineer' ?

Forum Admin

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 01:18:15 pm »
You can make a great website for your company in a few minutes. Use the simple step-by-step
tools and templates and then just add your own information, pictures and videos. It’s simple!
Anyone can build a great company website in less than 5 minutes.
And it’s all free to try for 30 days.

Click here to try it now.

In collaboration with SimpleSite Cleanitup offers you the opportunity to try making a
great looking company website yourself. You don’t need any technical or programming skills.
Anyone with a PC and net connection can build their own website in an easy, fast way in a few
minutes. You will be surprised at how easy it is! Just follow the simple step by step instructions
on the screen and in less than 5 minutes you will have your own company website. And you can get
your own co.uk internet address with 5 emails.

Click here to try it now.

TonyW65

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 06:35:19 pm »
Lifestyle Engineer.....is the concept too complex for you?

JSMC

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 12:16:46 pm »
will look into this later

amayze

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 09:11:15 pm »
I designed my on moonfruit.

www.amayzenglaze.co.uk

TonyW65

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 04:35:11 pm »
There are dozens of web builder options out there and most work, some work really well.

The fact is you need good SEO to make your site actually appear in a search engine results.

There is NOTHING that compares to WordPress for free out of the box functionality. It has hundreds probably thousands of free add ons or plugins to help you add functionality to the site.