astro turf
« on: February 02, 2011, 06:25:05 pm »
usefull helpfull advise on astro turf grooming   
please
regards john

Jamie Pearson

Re: astro turf
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 06:30:40 pm »
I know that Bane Clean truckmounts used to be used to clean American Football Fields in the states.

What have youbeen asked to do to it?

A cylinder brush sweeper would work well for brushing & vacuuming I would imagine.

Karcher have something along those lines in their range.

trevor perry

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 06:38:37 pm »
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

jaespray

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 06:57:55 pm »
thanks for the replys  have bought stuff of sweep fast before  not that impressed with their brush looks "disposeable" to me   i was thinking more on the lines of bcs pb40 powerbrush with debris collector   they have more "plug in attachments" so could offer more services
regards john

Cliff Horne

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 08:29:10 am »
John

Bear in mind you may have to redress the sand, more equipment needed.

Powerbrush, Debris collector, some method of applying sand, drag brush and you need to be able to do minor repairs, you can hire some equipment from Kersten in Reading.

I have been toying with offering this service myself but cant justify the cost of the equipment with the amount of enquiries I get in the southwest, would need a large investment in equipment and an advertising campaign to attract enough work.

Regards
Cliff
Smart like a donkey, hung like Einstein

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 03:24:08 pm »
hi what do you need to know about astro turf been going maintenance on them for years.
mark

dandandan

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 04:27:31 pm »
How are you Mark?Keeping busy mate?Been up here fo a year now,flew over,Dan

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 12:19:34 pm »
hi dan mate,

God that as gone by. yes am not bad was ill over xmas but ok now. works coming in so cant wait for the weather to change to get going.

hows you? are you busy i hope.
mark

Cliff Horne

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 02:59:16 pm »
hi what do you need to know about astro turf been going maintenance on them for years.

Hi Mark

I would be interested in what equipment you use as I have been thinking about this myself but it always seems too much to lay out, what say you.

Regards
Cliff
Smart like a donkey, hung like Einstein

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 04:04:53 pm »
hi cillf.

when i first started there was nt much gear about. then i think court markers etc have thought about it cus there is an opening for maintenance o courts and have started to make machines.

there is alot of gear around now for this but if you lay out alot of cash for gear it could just end up in garage and you have no work on courts. best way is to hire a machine with a brush that you can use on different jobs like snow clearing for one or use it to scarifty lawns with .
mark

dandandan

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 07:33:18 pm »
Hia Mark.jacked the path cleaning in at the end of year,sold all the gear,fed up with the 4 month cleaning window mate.Just plodding on with shops which are busy as ever,especially for Jan.Started having a go with the wood pellets this year,don`t know if i mentioned it to you last year,wood pellets for wood burning stoves which can be used for horse bedding when you wet them,i think there might be wages in it and my mates importing the best grade pellets from source.Been offered a good bit of gutter cleaning and window cleaning on a major holiday park so looking into the equipment to see how long it takes to get the outlay back on a gutter kit and a pure water pole system.hope your feeling better mate,take care Dan

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 09:10:29 pm »
nice one mate
you take care to.
mark