Aquakleen Restoration Services

Home pressure washer recommendations
« on: August 24, 2010, 06:20:41 pm »
Hi all,

I got a call today from a letting agent. She wants some carpets and some balconies cleaned! I have a sigma pressure washer so its a bit big for indoor work (it would wake the dead) plus as I only have a small van it would mean 2 journies. I was thinking of buying a small electric pressure washer for cleaning the van anyway so wouldnt mind buying a cheapy one just for this job especially if it means a lot more work in the future!

Anyway what home pressure washers would get the muck from a balcony (i think they are wooden). Budget of around £200 I dont want to spend more than that really.

Cheers and tia
John

Richy L

Re: Home pressure washer recommendations
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 06:24:04 pm »
I lent a cheap electric one from a friend to clean a 7th story balcony patio and my diesel machine wasnt practical once. It was only a £100 kartcher, but I fitted the water feed direct to the mains and there was good pressure. I used the turbo attachment and it worked surprisingly well!

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 06:26:55 pm »
Thanks Richy

Im looking at this one from Argos...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7403576/Trail/searchtext%3EKARCHER.htm#tabrev

Like I say I already have a 2 grand pressure washer so its probably a one off job!

Griffus

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 10:59:26 am »
Can't beat Karcher's reliability for small DIY type jobs.

I've had one for over 10 years, well before getting involved in pressure washing professionally and it's still going strong. Used it a few weeks back to clean floor pads and works a treat.

Main thing I'd say is be sure to get one with a 'dirtbuster' lance. This is their version of a turbo and makes life easier. The link you've posted seems fine and does have the dirtbuster.

Richy L

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 04:33:08 pm »
I did this with the small karcher - looks good to me even if I do say so myself 

...   half way through   ....

lesterM

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 04:49:02 pm »
I have to go through the house so often that I have got a board with castors on and wing nuts on the pressure washer where it mounts on to its carriage. Ok it jiggles about a lot but thats easy remedied even if I have to stand on it.  A plastic tray on top of the board also catches any fuel or water drips.
No Job Too Odd.
Dont Panic - let us do it for you.
Pure dealers since 1746