creighton foyle

smartseal training course
« on: July 14, 2010, 11:26:30 am »
has anyone been on their training course and if so was it helpfull

Blast Off Stoke

Re: smartseal training course
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 04:22:00 pm »
They are useful to the begginer or anyone not sure what they are doing,without sounding bigheaded I personally didn't learn a great lot from it,but dinner and coffee was thrown in.
Most all questions can be answered on here. :D

Richy L

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 07:16:36 pm »
I have sealed a couple of driveways already. PIC and blockwork.
How do you make sure there is no sand on top of the brickwork before sealing? the one i did still had a little bit of sand on top of some of the bricks. Do you spray the sealer on or roller it?i rollered it.

richywilts

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 06:49:20 pm »
richy have u tried using one of the flymo garden vac/blowers to remove excess sand etcya always gna have some degree of sand on surface but one of these will remove most of it
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Richy L

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 07:48:17 pm »
to be honest, I have found sealing seems more hastle than its worth. there are more chances of getting come backs from it.
Do you do much sealing richy?

Alan McTernan

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 09:12:30 pm »
Only really seal 1-2 block paved drives a year and only if the customer really wants it done as it can be more hassle than it is worth!!! We use a petrol blower to get rid of the surface sand!!! We are Resiblock trained done 1 Resiblock this year (with roller) and 1 Pavegard (with sprayer) and must admit Pavegard was easier & cheaper (as is water based with no strong smell)

Good Luck
Regards Alan

richywilts

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 11:14:10 pm »
to be honest, I have found sealing seems more hastle than its worth. there are more chances of getting come backs from it.
Do you do much sealing richy?

nah i used to do a bit bout 5-6 years ago found it a big hassle but iv recently done the smartseal course and plan to do some more now i can get the product cheaper.
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk