Jamie Wiles

Help!
« on: March 27, 2006, 03:18:50 pm »
Ok, just started Window cleaning part time. Thought I'd go straight in with WFP rather that going up ladders.
I do a thorough job and have done about 40 customers so far without any problems or compaints up until now. Theres this one house, all pvc double glazing, about 20 odd windows. Spent an hour and a bit on it on the first clean (did I mention I was slow), and thought that I'd done a great job. Problem is the customer called me back because after I'd left some grey dirty streaks appeared on the white frames from the bottom corners of the glass down onto the cills on a couple of the upstairs windows. Whats worse is that these marks now won't come off with my WFP, so I'm going to have to go up there on a ladder which I really don;t want to do.
I am hundred percent sure that they weren't there when I left, and everything was rinsed thouroughly.
Does anyone have any idea why this might have happened?
J

sunshine windows

Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 04:51:55 pm »
I would imagine it's because the black rubber seals on the windows have perished. Not using wfp myself so can't comment on how to combat situation. If doing trad you just have to dry frames carefully with scrim as not to wipe black rubber all over the frames. I'm sure you'll get a solution from one of the other guys in a bit.

Sunshine 
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk