paul michelle

LATE PAYMENTS
« on: March 26, 2006, 11:54:43 am »
HI i sat down with my wife last night and we were talking about late payments and what they cost use, in terms of business growth and loss of profit.

so starting from monday we will charging a late payment fee for those customers that don't pay with in the 14 days.

Does any one else charge late payment fees and how much do you charge, we were thinking of charging about £2.50 just to cover cost's of  sending payment  reminder's

Re: LATE PAYMENTS
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 12:51:56 pm »
Hi paul.

This is a tricky one. I wouldn't do it without a lot of thought.

My system seems to work fine for me. If I haven't received payment a week before the next clean is due I give the customer a quick call on the phone. 9 times out of 10 its a genuine reason that I get such as they forgot and I get payment by return. If I have to call 3 times then they get dumped as soon as I have been paid. I find that as time goes on I have less of these calls to make. I do it in a pleasant manner so that the customer doesn't feel embarrassed.

If they are persistently late despite reminders.. and I find the phone best to do this.. dump them.. they are taking you for a ride.

Cheers

Andrew

gaza

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 12:54:54 pm »
OFTEN THOUGHT ABOUT  STARTING ONE BUT DECIDED IF THEY CARNT AFFORD THE PRICE OF A CLEAN ON TIME HOW ARE THEY GOING TO AFFORD THE EXTRAS?IN PRINCIPLE I DO AGREE WITH THE ANNOYANCE INVOLVED BUT I WOULD RATHER DITCH THEM IF IT HAPPENNED REGULAR.

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

macc

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 12:55:28 pm »
paul. what do you count as a late payment. ive been a window cleaner for years now. you will get a majority that send a cheque in days others in a couple of weeks, then the slow payers.

the slow payers you have 2 choises, have a polite word asking 4 payment to be sent with in a couple of weeks or drop them.

its part of the job mate & been self employed, your other choise if you want all your money in on a friday night is to collect or go & work for a company.

its all part of the job mate.  ::)

paul michelle

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 01:13:04 pm »
hi

i am giving my customer's  17 days to pay, really all i want to do is make my customer's keep me informed, i have three children and i am feed up with casing money all the time. also phoning them is costing me money and the point of having your own business is to be cost efficent and make money anyway
this is the way i was going to word it on my bills 

Please note if your payment is not recevied within 17 days you could incur a late payment charge of £2.50 this is to cover  the cost of sending out payment reminders
If you are unable to pay this months bill please phone us to let us know and to stop the charge

gaza

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 01:34:51 pm »
SPOT ON

NOW IF WE WERE ALL TO DO THIS MAYBE IT WOULD CHANGE THE FACE OFF W/C FROM SOMEONE DOING IT FOR BEER MONEY, TO PRO DOING IT FOR A LIVING.

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

ronaldo

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 01:35:34 pm »
I had a total of 43 houses to collect from this week as a lot of my customers are in when i visit. Always start collecting at 4.30 pm on a saturday as most people are in then it seems. This saturday went out and collected 32 of them. Went out today to collect rest and only 1 person in: CRAP. However i just look at it as money in the bank and next time they just have to pay double. I only do 2 visits and then leave it till the next clean. And its a lot better going to collect a 20 pound note of them instead of a 10 pound one. The joys of working for yourself but done it for 9 years now and i would never go back to working for anyone else again and making them rich.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

carl stanton

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 01:36:24 pm »
hello!
you could make an arrangment for a payment method with them
such as leaving payment in a safe place say a cheque in shed and so on, sticking an envelope in as your called slip can help some, but lets face we all forget some time ::)
ps please sign the petition

Jon T.C.

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 02:04:21 pm »
To Our much valued customers,
                                                  As we are a small family business, prompt payment is always appreciated.

Unfortunately, we now have to insist that with immediate effect, ALL outstanding accounts are paid up to date within 7 days from when your windows are cleaned.

May we take this opportunity to thank-you for your
 co-operation and continued support.

Many thanks

Stapled this note to my calling card on every one that has been out. Has cured ALL my late payments. I don't collect as I see it as a waste of my time.

Elite Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 02:57:31 pm »
I'd pay up, with that :o