Downstair neighbours
« on: March 10, 2009, 03:51:11 pm »
Just wondered, if anyone gets agro when they clean an upstair flat WFP but don't clean downstairs flat.
normally i run away before they come out, but i got a right funny look from someone today, i just smiled said hi and walked faster.

also splash down from upper flat should only have a similar impact to heavy rain, right?   ???

B.Younis

Re: Downstair neighbours
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 03:55:08 pm »
i have this problem on some flats i do, im hoping it wil make the ones below want their windows cleaned, up 2 now tho i jus get bad looks  >:( i feel a bit daft every time im doing them tho

simon knight

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 03:58:07 pm »

This is an ongoing problem with wfp. I think if you make the downstairs window dirty then a quick (and I do mean quick) once-over is polite.

R W C

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 04:04:09 pm »
the flats i do the people underneath dont have a wc and they are block, and this is in a very posh part of town,

Chris

B.Younis

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 04:09:04 pm »

This is an ongoing problem with wfp. I think if you make the downstairs window dirty then a quick (and I do mean quick) once-over is polite.

i dont bother doin this because if they dont have a window cleaner there windows are goin to be filthy anyway, so a bit of water wont change much.

simon knight

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 04:13:53 pm »

i dont bother doin this because if they dont have a window cleaner there windows are goin to be filthy anyway, so a bit of water wont change much.

I agree but people can be funny sometimes and 30 seconds work can save a bit of aggro.

B.Younis

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 04:20:10 pm »
i did give someones a quick clean once because she was giving me aggro, then when i went to collect later on in week from the other flats i had 2 people ask why i had done hers for free, thats what she had told them all. so i explained an also told them NEVER AGAIN. lol

simon knight

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 04:21:47 pm »
i did give someones a quick clean once because she was giving me aggro, then when i went to collect later on in week from the other flats i had 2 people ask why i had done hers for free, thats what she had told them all. so i explained an also told them NEVER AGAIN. lol

;D

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 04:34:14 pm »
I'll only do them quickly if they have a window cleaner and they've just had them cleaned; I reckon I do the dirty ones a favour dripping water on them; maybe over the course of a year their's will be clean too  ;D
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

mark dew

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 05:08:27 pm »
I've cleaned a mates upstairs flat a couple of times and each time i've got dirty looks from someone in the downstairs flats.
If it was 1 flat i would give a quick brush but not 2 or more. The dirty looks made my mind up.

Slash

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 07:17:38 pm »
I have a large block of flats I do WFP and did feel guilty and cleaned the ones below as they got wet from cleaning the ones above,done this for about three cleans and they did'nt even say a "Thank you" so now I don't bother cleaning them,the lady above asked them if they wanted a window cleaner and they declined as they were getting it done for nothing by me feeling guilty but then I thought ....................
What about my regular ones who get cleaned below the ones I do anyway,it's not fair on them having to pay when someone who does'nt want me gets theirs done for noting as I feel guilty :(...................Sod that now,their windows are bad,it would be a mixture of me cleaning above them and the busy road the block is situated on but after all I'm not a charity! :D

landy2

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 06:26:49 pm »
if the windows are dirty i do them water fed if they are clean do them by ladder like it has been said not worth the agro had one today went to do back of  top flat and the bloke in the bottom one came out and said what you doing in my garden this flat is empty then let all the time he wants me to knock on the door each time for permision he has got three hopes not waisting my time

martinsadie

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 06:33:47 pm »
i think if you do upstairs and not downstairs you should either get a ladder and do them trad or dont do them at all,health and safty says the right equitment for a job which maybe wfp most times but not this time

Tosh

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 07:23:03 pm »
I was caught by our moderator, Ian Giles, just about to splash water over one of his shops (I clean the offices above it).

He was fine about it though.

:-[

LWC

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 07:35:55 pm »
Ivehad agro over this about 3 times, so i just tell the customer that i can not do them...no need for agro...what they do in the rain goodness knows  ::)

pjulk

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 07:38:04 pm »
I got a load of OAP flats and some downstairs one's i don't do.

So i ladder these jobs there only one floor up anyway.

I think for those who use WFP on these type of jobs should at least rince the groundfloor windows off as you are washing upstairs crap on to there windows.

martinsadie

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 07:39:40 pm »
I got a load of OAP flats and some downstairs one's i don't do.

So i ladder these jobs there only one floor up anyway.

I think for those who use WFP on these type of jobs should at least rince the groundfloor windows off as you are washing upstairs crap on to there windows.
a proffesional wfp er  ;D ;D

pjulk

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 07:41:41 pm »
 ;D ;D

darragh windows

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 07:59:04 pm »
i always rinse the downstairs ones its only but right its not pure water coming down its a mixture of dirt you have just rinsed off, and the reason most ground floors dont have windowcleaners or want them is that they can easily do them themselves
jamie

martinsadie

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 08:03:26 pm »
i always rinse the downstairs ones its only but right its not pure water coming down its a mixture of dirt you have just rinsed off, and the reason most ground floors dont have windowcleaners or want them is that they can easily do them themselves
same with oaps bungs,get an old lady in and you have the job,old man and its 50/50 weather you get the job  ;D

Feen

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 08:13:44 pm »
I would never clean or rinse the downstairs without speaking to the occupants. I'd say you can't touch their property without their permission. However I have only agreed to wfp ups if they get the OK from them downstairs. Basic good manners?
Feen

jouk45

Re: Downstair neighbours New
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2009, 08:39:49 pm »
i have the answer to the problem, and they are being sold now, if slightly adapted to our needs we can clean upstairs as much as we like, you can even ad your name to them, its very simple, why did i not think of this before  ;D its a telescopic flat wall umberela

http://www.promopeddler.com/06-19/market-umbrella-display-sidewalk-cafe-umbrella-qqp399602.htm

LWC

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2009, 08:43:16 pm »
Good on jo lol

jouk45

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2009, 09:00:39 pm »
i dont see any reason why this would not work, they are light, plus fold away, i tried googles uk but nothing there on them