*frank cannon

v/w transporter...anyone
« on: October 30, 2008, 01:24:22 pm »
aup gentlemen

anyone on board running one of these that may beable to give us some feedback ie load area,running costs,suitability etc

thanks in advance

DaveG

Re: v/w transporter...anyone
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 01:35:16 pm »
My step brothers got one and its fine...loads of roomin it

he s got a 650 litre tank with plenty of room for poles etc

id say its pretty good for wfp

3 seats in the front

Plenty of power to even with a full tank

His one is a 55 plate what year are you thinking of getting??

Dave
You can't polish a turd

*frank cannon

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 02:24:32 pm »
going out to look at a couple this afternoon from a large hire company that sells them off on 05 plate only had a look at one in the past and thought the loading area was smalliash but by what I can gather  there is a swb and a lwb version would be interested if anyone has any idea on running costs etc....fancied the new expert/scudo but they are sky high in price for 2nd hand

Dave Turley

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 02:52:50 pm »
I looked at the new shape t32, it was like a tardis in the back, LOADS of room, and I think able to carry 1200 or 1250 kg!

Skyglide

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 08:19:32 pm »
We've got 2 VW T4 Transporters.  Good workhorses, spares can be pricey or reasonable, depends what you need. Resale values are high and they are bought as surf vans or converted to campervans.  We also have experience of Vauxhall Midi - ancient now so going dirt cheap. Will carry the weight, Isusu engine is totally reliable, body rots away. Can't fault them for the money.  Nissan Cargo Vanette totally reliable, bit juicy, body doesn't rot quite so much but great value for money.

In conclusion the VW is good, but for window cleaning a second hand Japanese van will prove reliable, do all the work you want and then you can scrap it for a bit of money.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Mr H

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 08:40:32 pm »
T4 is galvanised so no worry about rusting. Loads more space inside than a scudo type van and the turning circle is smaller. The T4 is only 10cm longer than a scudo type but because t bonet is shorter you get about a foot of extra length. If you get an ex-AA van then everything would have been upgraded and the engine management chip upgraded to. This means better suspension, alternator, brakes, fuel economy and an extra 20ish of bhp due to the upgraded chip in the management system.... The 2.5l diesel engine has all the pulling power you would need and loads of spares and acessories easily available.
I love my 52 plated colour coded T4

Regards
Mr H