lovewindows

Dublin
« on: October 10, 2008, 05:05:39 pm »
Got some work on in Dublin end of Nov, 4 or 5 days worth national account , looked at accom dead expensive, anyone know of cheaper digs ," not sharing a dorm with drunk kids", doesn't have to be in Dublin 20 miles outside ok, pref with an outside tap and no water meter. Cheers 
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

RO-Sheen

Re: Dublin
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 05:15:10 pm »
Im from Swords in Dublin (3 miles from Dublin Airport - about 15 miles from the city centre) but live in Oxford UK so cant offer you room and water but  I know there is a travel lodge in Swords which would probably the cheapest to stay in. Its on the Dublin road.
Are you working in the city centre? Are you from Ireland?
Formerly known as GARGAAX

lovewindows

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 05:23:09 pm »
Working around Dublin, couple of biggish jobs, i'm from N/W uk getting ferry over,

alanwilson

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 05:24:48 pm »
so you're going all the way over for work?? 

excellent!!
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

lovewindows

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 05:31:04 pm »

excellent!!
I'm a bit lost there ? if the work is financially worth it wouldn't we all ! 

WCE

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 05:41:17 pm »

excellent!!
I'm a bit lost there ? if the work is financially worth it wouldn't we all ! 
Fair play I'd go. If you ever need someone else to come let me know!!! ;) Regarding somewhere to stay you can get B&B vouchers that are valid in many B&Bs in Ireland. you get a book of them to chose from all are £50 a night. (double room) I will find the copy I have and post more details including the link later. The other option is for S/C Apartment/wing etc. These can be cheap. £255 for the week including ferry (although you'd have to speak to them about the van as their prices are for a car. But saying that I have took my van before depends on what you have got). Try Imagine Ireland. Some places are giving you two weeks for the price of one at the moment so you could work a week and have a week holiday!   
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 06:06:56 pm »
The Premier Inn in Swords is good,...

davids3511

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 06:08:44 pm »
Im from Swords in Dublin (3 miles from Dublin Airport - about 15 miles from the city centre) but live in Oxford UK so cant offer you room and water but  I know there is a travel lodge in Swords which would probably the cheapest to stay in. Its on the Dublin road.

Heh, I'm from Ashbourne, about 15 mins from Swords. Living in Manchester now.

WCE

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 06:26:48 pm »
The Premier Inn in Swords is good,...
By the time you add the ferry in thats going to be a more expensive option. Personally I would get in touch with Imagine Ireland. They will do you a good deal. 

ray l

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 07:38:27 pm »
work out where the work is in the city as like most cities it could take you a hour getting from one side to the other.

some of those b&b,s  add a supliment if paying by voucher.

seandyer2003

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 12:20:41 pm »

excellent!!
makes a change from the paddys coming over here

Hope you're not being racist eh? all my family came here from ireland, i think we have a right after being oppressed by brits in their own country for 800 years!!!

WCE

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2008, 02:49:17 pm »
work out where the work is in the city as like most cities it could take you a hour getting from one side to the other.

some of those b&b,s  add a supliment if paying by voucher.
Not at this time of the year they dont. Only through the peak months, and then it's 7.50Euro per night.

RO-Sheen

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2008, 11:04:36 pm »
not being racist we have a large irish community around here and some of my best friends are irish,its just a well used word round here ,it means nothing bad

I dont care if you have a large irish community  -Dont call us Paddys, its offensive!

Davids3511 drop me an email when you get a chance at info@ro-sheen.co.uk. Its always good to hear from a fellow 'IRISHMAN'   ;)
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 10:15:32 am »

I dont care if you have a large irish community -Dont call us Paddys, its offensive!

Say's the man with the .co.uk e-mail!

:O

;)

WCE

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 11:01:40 am »
not being racist we have a large irish community around here and some of my best friends are irish,its just a well used word round here ,it means nothing bad

I dont care if you have a large irish community  -Dont call us Paddys, its offensive!

Davids3511 drop me an email when you get a chance at info@ro-sheen.co.uk. Its always good to hear from a fellow 'IRISHMAN'   ;)
All you gotta do now is upset the jocks and taffs.......... ;D

bluez

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 04:52:23 pm »
I have no issue with being called a paddy.

I choose to consider it a term of endearment ;D

Why not sub out the work to someone over here, if it pays well enough to cover travel and accom then it would pobably pay a big enough premium to sub it.Plenty of good outfits over hre as well.
hi

lovewindows

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 06:43:49 pm »
I have no issue with being called a paddy.

I choose to consider it a term of endearment ;D

Why not sub out the work to someone over here, if it pays well enough to cover travel and accom then it would pobably pay a big enough premium to sub it.Plenty of good outfits over hre as well.

In the back of my mind bluez e-mail your details to me . and we might talk. all sites within 10 miles Dublin

bluez

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 10:57:30 pm »
I am the other side of the country so probably not the right person to sub to but I will email you anyway, sure I could reccomend someone over there.
hi

Slash

Re: Dublin New
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 07:11:34 pm »

Heh, I'm from Ashbourne, about 15 mins from Swords. Living in Manchester now.
I'm from Ashbourne too,Robertstown to be exact,come on Ashbourne RFC ;D,been over the weekend,it's like Dublin city now................MASSIVE.............but I still know where Kelly's is ;D ;D ;D

elite mike

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 07:19:05 pm »
its bad enough coloured peopole coming with all these political correct statements but when white folk start its beyond belief,they have always been paddys jocks and taffs im sure they have names for the english but in this country that seems ok like it should be,perhaps these others should get the chip of there shoulder or go bagk to there own country and put a border control up

damn right stan

dont you just hate pc

Slash

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 07:22:10 pm »
No,us Irish have no names for the English,why should we,remember the Paddys built England! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D