m.b.s.

calling luke johnson
« on: July 16, 2007, 08:25:55 pm »
hi luke just wondering what you thought of the brush of ebay you got last week looks well to me but havent tried it yet as bought as a spare get back cheers

Luke Johnson

Re: calling luke johnson
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 09:34:48 pm »
Well in my limited experience it seems like a very good brush, it is light, it has splay, it is monofilament, it has crinkle filaments, it has longer bristles on the outer side, and short stiffer bristles in the middle. You really feel when using it that you are scrubbing dirt off the glass, not just rubbing it. The middle short bristle like filaments feel really sharp and effective, while the outer ones catch larger pieces of dirt. It is also very light ( 375 grams ) and it does fit a vikan thread.

One possible negative is the jets, they seem very thick ( as in thick stream of water )....but I held it in a bucket and after a minute it had barely filled a 1 cm so it doesnt use too much water....I think

Compared to the Vikans I think it is better, but remember I have only a limited amount of experience. On the other hand I did clean my house with it and the windows are spotless ( tap water tds 34 ). Luke

m.b.s.

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 09:38:09 pm »
you asked alex if he had some jubilee clips for the jets as they keep comming off what size pipeinner diameter are you using

NWH

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 10:34:48 pm »
I also have this brush and it is an very good brush,the only thing is the jets are quiet narrow to the middle of the brush so you don`t get so much water on the outer bristles which is a pain.I`m going to re jet mine with the jets further apart after doing that it will be 50% better,i used it today and i must say it holds no dirt and surprisingly there is less rinsing needed.The best thing about the brush is that it has a massive amount of bristles,if you sread the bristles out firm with your fingers you still can`t see the stock of the brush.

Luke Johnson

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 10:36:50 pm »
NHW, could you tell me how to re jet mine too? also I think I would like another one fo these!