RPCCS

Re: Running pump directly from van battery!!
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2024, 08:36:13 pm »
I've just picked up on this thread.

Good luck with your starting work again RPCCS!
Thanks for your reply,  one thing that  is still bothering me is I’ve been told a couple of wcs  called one a lot of my customers  offering to start doing their windows , some had said I’d back doing wc and a couple others I know  are already doing some of my customers while I’m off.
If I return to walk, they’ll just return to sticking to their own  customers, I’m hoping that over 33 years  self employed window cleaner,the majority will take me back providing I tell everyone I’m coming back with my number asking to ring or text me to say ,yes come back , or no thanks we have a new cleaner.
Cheers Rich

Bungle

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2024, 09:19:59 pm »

Thanks for your reply,  one thing that  is still bothering me is I’ve been told a couple of wcs  called one a lot of my customers  offering to start doing their windows , some had said I’d back doing wc and a couple others I know  are already doing some of my customers while I’m off.
If I return to walk, they’ll just return to sticking to their own  customers, I’m hoping that over 33 years  self employed window cleaner,the majority will take me back providing I tell everyone I’m coming back with my number asking to ring or text me to say ,yes come back , or no thanks we have a new cleaner.

You said you hadn't worked in 3 years in one of your earlier posts. Are you expecting customers to wait that long for you to return? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
We look at them, they look through them.

RPCCS

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2024, 10:40:56 am »

You said you hadn't worked in 3 years in one of your earlier posts. Are you expecting customers to wait that long for you to return? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
Lot of the customers found out the accident from the lady who’s house I fell off the single roof.
  She told the whole of Facebook, and a lot of them wrote back saying sorry to hear that hope you get well soon, another customer had asked me to do the inside of a village hall, but didn’t get a reply , but when she emailed my wife told her why, she then published in village  that she needed help to do the windows and I was off for a long time.
 It has been a couple of years where I was waiting for a cataract remove  , but it wasn’t done until about 3 weeks but now needed more eye drops per day as I still can’t see from much until mid to late morning.
Cheers Rich

Spruce

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2024, 10:56:25 am »
I also join the others and wish you the best for your future recovery.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

RPCCS

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2024, 11:07:55 am »
I also join the others and wish you the best for your future recovery.
Many thanks, btw  sorry I made you post about the charger looked like I didn’t like it, I just noticed it this morning  and returned to like it.  :D
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2024, 04:44:27 pm »
Have any of you had any similar of what I mention in one of my previous posts? About your work been  “stolen” by other cleaners  taking your customers after hearing about an accident.
Cheers Rich

Spruce

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2024, 10:52:18 pm »
Have any of you had any similar of what I mention in one of my previous posts? About your work been  “stolen” by other cleaners  taking your customers after hearing about an accident.

Unfortunately some will canvass an area they know you work in and tell customers you aren't coming back. Some just have no scruples
If challenged their response would be, 'sorry that's what I was told.'

Years back we had a local window cleaner who also did roofing. He fell from a roof and badly injured his head.

A whole lot of local window cleaners who knew him stepped in to do his work and gave him the money. He eventually went back to window cleaning before he changed over to roofing.  So there are some good window cleaners around.

RPCCS

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2024, 12:49:34 pm »
Well I had been trading in 3 areas for over 33 years and never had any serious accident apart from breaking my heel about 3 months after starting work for myself, so was off for bout 5 months.
Providing if I get the ok to start  work, I’m aiming to put a note through every customer who haven’t moved away,  a note telling them I have finally returned to work after  being  off  following a serious fall and can’t climb windows to clean landing windows or anything accepted  by using ladders.  I have had a couple of the long time with other window cleaner trying to take my work.
It’s been a lot of years since I posted on this forum, but now it’s  good being able to speak with people who can help with things I aim to ask on how to get back to work.
Cheers Rich

Smudger

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2024, 02:46:28 pm »
I wouldn’t bother going into the ins/outs of changing to wfp - just see wants you back and start cleaning them
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Spruce

« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2024, 03:24:42 pm »
I wouldn’t bother going into the ins/outs of changing to wfp - just see wants you back and start cleaning them

This is good advice. I would do exactly this in RPCCS' situation.

WFP is now the accepted way of cleaning windows. If anyone objects, then they aren't worth keeping as customers.

RPCCS

Re: Running pump directly from van battery!! New
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2024, 03:40:50 pm »

This is good advice. I would do exactly this in RPCCS' situation.

WFP is now the accepted way of cleaning windows. If anyone objects, then they aren't worth keeping as customers.
Thanks both of you, by the way just call me Rich or Richard, rather than the posted name. :D
Cheers Rich