Smudger

Vans and VAT!!
« on: March 03, 2024, 09:18:54 pm »
anyone got more details on this

only heard part of a discussion on the Radio - vans are no longer going to be "commercial Vehicles" so you will not be able to claim VAT on purchase?

surely not... :(
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

Re: Vans and VAT!!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 09:45:01 pm »

only heard part of a discussion on the Radio - vans are no longer going to be "commercial Vehicles" so you will not be able to claim VAT on purchase?

Not heard anything about vans but I know there is a change coming to do with pickups , but not exactly sure what that is just caught the tail end if it on the news a week or so ago

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 06:27:01 am »

Not heard about vans.  Double cab pickups are not going to be treated as commercial vehicles on new orders from July.

I have a  few customers who have replaced their company cars with double cabs due to lower tax implications. Only time will tell what they do in the future.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

The Jester of Wibbly

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2024, 07:38:28 am »
As above it was going to be applied to double cab pickups so they are classed as cars for benefit in kind and vat purposes.

However they changed their mind not long after so it's no longer changing

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/update-on-hmrc-double-cab-pick-up-guidance

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2024, 12:16:51 pm »
Cheers guys

Will keep an eye on this as a pickup was in the running for when I get fed up with the jag
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

EandM

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2024, 05:07:47 pm »
As above it was going to be applied to double cab pickups so they are classed as cars for benefit in kind and vat purposes.

However they changed their mind not long after so it's no longer changing

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/update-on-hmrc-double-cab-pick-up-guidance

Thanks for that update.

What a shower they all are. Make a ruling and then discover they have opened a hornet's nest, and then quickly reverse it.

Same stupidity advising the cancellation of the Dec 2023 winter fuel allowance for old age pensioners.

Surely they have the intelligence to do a due diligence study before they announce a change in regulation. They have so much egg on their faces they need a hammer and chisel to remove it.

I wonder how many have placed orders for double cabs on the back of the first announcement. And you can't sue the government for loss either due to their ill advice.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)