dazmond

Re: Sunday afternoon van pottering......😄👍
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2024, 08:37:03 am »
Got to be a record day coming this week!!😄😄

No record days for me anymore.... ;D

I've cut hours down,got rid of some jobs,put others on longer frequencies so I'm down to 4 short days per week.

Hi daz,
I’m not taking the Pixx  but can you earn a decent income working four short days a week ?  The only reason I say that is four short days for me wouldn’t be enough for me to pay bills and have a decent  life’ style,what’s your average job price ?

1.I've been window cleaning for 31 years so my work is very compact and refined.

2.im very organised and use the best equipment to make the job easier

3.i actually work more effectively working shorter hours.

4.i have no young kids and my missus is self employed too and earns her own money.

5.i don't waste money on alcohol or cigarettes anymore
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2024, 08:40:23 am »
Daz is probably doing £50 per hour average, £250 a day so £1000 a week.  £46k a year give or take. His business overheads are tiny and his personal expenses are even smaller. A very decent lifestyle for him.

If you’re living in the south, have a £200k mortgage costing £1500 a month with 3 kids and all the expenses that come with that then £46k per year isn’t going to fund that and you’ll likely be skint.

Horses for courses but fair play to Daz, it works for him,

Not far off the mark mate.a bit less turnover now though since I switched to 4 days
price higher/work harder!

simon w

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2024, 12:02:35 pm »
Daz is probably doing £50 per hour average, £250 a day so £1000 a week.  £46k a year give or take. His business overheads are tiny and his personal expenses are even smaller. A very decent lifestyle for him.

If you’re living in the south, have a £200k mortgage costing £1500 a month with 3 kids and all the expenses that come with that then £46k per year isn’t going to fund that and you’ll likely be skint.

Horses for courses but fair play to Daz, it works for him,

Not far off the mark mate.a bit less turnover now though since I switched to 4 days

And he is able to save substantial amounts of money for his "nest egg" to fund him when he's an old man.  :)

Slacky

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2024, 01:01:21 pm »
Have you given up the sauce again Daz?

colin bird

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2024, 03:07:00 pm »
Got to be a record day coming this week!!😄😄

No record days for me anymore.... ;D

I've cut hours down,got rid of some jobs,put others on longer frequencies so I'm down to 4 short days per week.

Hi daz,
I’m not taking the Pixx  but can you earn a decent income working four short days a week ?  The only reason I say that is four short days for me wouldn’t be enough for me to pay bills and have a decent  life’ style,what’s your average job price ?

1.I've been window cleaning for 31 years so my work is very compact and refined.

2.im very organised and use the best equipment to make the job easier

3.i actually work more effectively working shorter hours.

4.i have no young kids and my missus is self employed too and earns her own money.

5.i don't waste money on alcohol or cigarettes anymore

ok mate good luck to you ,

simon w

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2024, 04:45:49 pm »
Have you given up the sauce again Daz?

He's had the AA symbol tattooed onto his pint arm.  That's a signal for a landlord not to serve him a pint if he relapses  ;D