Bungle

Excess Cancellations
« on: February 21, 2024, 06:17:33 pm »
Three leave it this time so far this week.

How's everyone else fairing?
We look at them, they look through them.

matty72

Re: Excess Cancellations
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 06:57:52 pm »
Problem i have at the moment is I go back six weeks later and the windows are as clean as when I done them six weeks ago, it's mad, had two custys say there still clean and one cancel said there to clean, made me angry was new customer that just wanted them done, i will see him again as do the neighbors and won't give him time of day.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 07:32:57 pm »

One customer asked to give hers a miss as the weather was forecast bad towards the end of the week(this was on a wed a few weeks ago)DUMPED!

I've been cleaning her windows for well over 20 years.....refuses to pay by bacs so card payment on day of clean.ive even known her to drive off while I clean the backs without paying....can't be arsed with her....the only reason I've kept her on for so long is it's compact estate work.not anymore!😆👍👍
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 07:59:41 pm »
I did cringe watching Martin Lewis last night telling people to check their regular monthly payments, times them by 12 and ask if it's worth it.  Then went on to say if they still wanted it, can you get it cheaper?

Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 08:23:14 pm »
I’m having a purge at the minute, iv got too many gardens full of dog poop so the ones I know have it , I’m texting the day before asking them to clean it. If I go the next day and they haven’t cleaned, I’m dumping . Anyone asking to skip this clean , I’m dumping . Anyone that needs a payment reminder every month, I’m dumping … regardless of the price . I had one young couple who came on board last year , keeps forgetting to unlock their gate , garden full of dog poop and only pays after a reminder every month. Some jobs are ok when you take them on and then it’s like they just give up trying.  Since I paid my mortgage off , and my books are full , I’m just not taking any crap anymore. Had one today who skipped in October, text me back - can we skip tomorrow, hope it won’t be a problem? . Text her back saying as this is the 2nd skip in 5 months , unfortunately I’m having to replace her with a customer who doesn’t want to skip cleans .

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 09:37:53 pm »
Leave it this time means leave it forever.

I just don't tolerate it.
It's a game of three halves!

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 10:34:34 pm »
As much as I think Martin Lewis is great - he does promote a race to the bottom of cheap and shabby service!

got a rare cancellation today - 8 weekly clean - somehow the chaps managed to clean it 4 weeks ago ( auto pilot and not charged ) then had scheduled clean today - upset they were cleaned 4 weeks ago for free so cancelled -  some people!
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2024, 11:04:26 pm »

Strange , what area are you in ?. Usually in the spring ones are looking for  a window cleaner not cancelling cleans

DJW

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2024, 06:59:48 am »
Spring??

JandS

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2024, 08:22:39 am »
Rarely get "leave it this time" if I do it's usually for a valid reason........those that do it without a valid reason don't get done again till they ask.....then it's double for a first clean.....think some do it to stop the service for whatever reason but don't like telling you direct.........
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2024, 09:05:19 am »
Spring??

It is spring time starting march isn’t it we are half way through February, most if they are going to cancel do it in September time and want to re start in the spring feb/march time , that’s what I used to find , we don’t accept that type of customer and make it crystal clear we work all year round , any hesitation and they aren’t taken on . Same with leave it this time ones usually leading up to Christmas, not mid February, if there is a genuine reason building work etc then that’s fine .

DJW

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2024, 09:21:29 am »
Another month yet  ???
With the weather we have at the moment it’s not surprising customers are hoping to skip.
I wouldn’t want to be a gardener or builder the last few weeks. Weather has been dire.

p1w1

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2024, 01:03:19 pm »
As much as I think Martin Lewis is great - he does promote a race to the bottom of cheap and shabby service!

got a rare cancellation today - 8 weekly clean - somehow the chaps managed to clean it 4 weeks ago ( auto pilot and not charged ) then had scheduled clean today - upset they were cleaned 4 weeks ago for free so cancelled -  some people!
I get what your saying, but its the people who provide the service that can only let it get like that.