Smudger

Smoking Room!
« on: February 18, 2024, 12:41:18 pm »
Looked at a jjob today interior clean to a large lounge where the old dear has spent the last 20 years smoking - need to clean ceiling, walls (painted) as well as hard surfaces and woodwork…

Been all of 8 years since I last had to face nicotine- what’s best products on the market to cut through this stuff..

Cheers
Darran

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NBwcs

Re: Smoking Room!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 01:18:16 pm »
I guarantee that 2 mins into this job, it'll bring back horrible memories and you'll swear you'll never do another one (unless you have staff of course, but they're not gonna thank you).

Don Kee

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 01:36:17 pm »
Splash-anory has a mate that is the best in the world at smoking and another that is world champ at cleaning rooms that have been smoked in; he’ll be along in a second to tell you all about it, I’m sure  ;)

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2024, 02:02:48 pm »
Splash-anory has a mate that is the best in the world at smoking and another that is world champ at cleaning rooms that have been smoked in; he’ll be along in a second to tell you all about it, I’m sure  ;)

🤣
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

simon w

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2024, 02:14:11 pm »
Five litres of citrus degreaser & PPE £650.00 all furniture will need to be out. Keep eyes peeled for dodgy electrical fittings bare wires & water and all that.

GAZZA B

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2024, 02:15:30 pm »
the best I found was sugar soap

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2024, 02:21:05 pm »
Prochem Ultrapac this is a great product for smoke and should remove nicotine .
Spit and polish

Bungle

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2024, 02:24:28 pm »
Looked at a jjob today interior clean to a large lounge where the old dear has spent the last 20 years smoking - need to clean ceiling, walls (painted) as well as hard surfaces and woodwork…

Been all of 8 years since I last had to face nicotine- what’s best products on the market to cut through this stuff..

Cheers
Darran

If they've got a dog it'll have to be put down first. Just in case it bites.
We look at them, they look through them.

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2024, 02:26:24 pm »
Five litres of citrus degreaser & PPE £650.00 all furniture will need to be out. Keep eyes peeled for dodgy electrical fittings bare wires & water and all that.

Any particular make ?

simon w

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2024, 02:34:34 pm »

Any particular make ?

https://www.onestopcleaningshop.co.uk/product/5l-viro-sol-5l/?attribute_pa_size=20l

Slacky

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2024, 03:44:55 pm »
Virosol.

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2024, 05:08:24 pm »

No we certainly wouldn’t take the job on at any price did one 25 years ago was a conservatory and I ended up throwing my shirt away as couldn’t get the smell and staining out of it and the smell was on my skin for days never again . Plenty  of easy well paying work out there why do stuff like this

Spruce

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2024, 05:28:46 pm »
We cleaned the insides of one conservatory of a chain smoker once. I vowed never to take another job on like that, and never have since. I coughed for days afterwards.
My son bought his house from a chain smoker. My wife offered her help and I can tell you nicotine just dripped from the ceilings. It took weeks to get rid of it.

Now, I won't even go into a house where a smoker smokes inside. The other issue for me is regarding one of your worker's health. Could he come back on you in years to come and blame doing this job on his deteriorating health you coerced him to do?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2024, 05:46:45 pm »
Happy to do any work at the right price 👍

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2024, 05:49:50 pm »
H&s - not sure unless they decide to lick the surfaces clean 🤮

In this day and age who can tell what staff now want to put down as ‘ruining their health’

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2024, 07:32:00 pm »
Happy to do any work at the right price 👍

I would usually agree but this is the one exception to the rule , no price would be high enough

Jonny 87

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2024, 07:51:32 pm »
I’d second on virosol.

It’s pretty eco friendly so you can just keep increasing the dosage until it cuts through the grease.

I’ve done a few internal Conservatories with this and it’s worked well.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

deeege

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2024, 08:42:42 pm »
As above, did an internal conservatory clean when I was new to the game about 12 years ago. Priced it from a picture. Never again. I’d only quit smoking about 2 years at the time, utterly disgusting job.

Charged £120 thinking it was an easy mornings work (10+ years ago) and it took me all day, I would take that job on for £1000 nowadays.

Suppose it’s a different situation if you are taking the job on and its staff that are doing the work.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2024, 10:17:00 pm »
it won't be cheap - somewhere in the 800 to 1000 range - I doubt I will get it BUT! just in case... :-X

windowswashed

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2024, 10:43:20 pm »
Sugar soap will get it off hard surfaces easily.