NBwcs

Dog bites
« on: February 15, 2024, 06:24:26 pm »
Ffs, today was the eighth time I've been bitten doing this job, it's ridiculous. Proper grumpy tonight too as this was avoidable. Owners were out but son was home, and knew I was there as had spent 15mins cleaning the front and dog had let him know. Goes round the back and French door is open. At this point I assume they think dog is friendly hence OK around me or that dog is in another room and can't get out. Wrong on both counts, I now have two holes in my trousers and a sore, hot calf (haven't even had a chance to look at it yet as got thermals on). Don't think it's going to be too bad but eight times isn't acceptable,anyone would think I'm carrying sausages in my pockets. Is anyone else getting bitten this often?  8 in 20yrs shining!

Splash & dash

Re: Dog bites
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 06:33:07 pm »
All I can say is why do you keep doing the job ? One of my guys got bitten by a customer s dog it was reported to the police and next day it was put down . Postmen if bitten report it straight away and legal action is always taken again in the majority of cases the dog is put down and the owner gets sued .

NBwcs

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 06:48:13 pm »
All I can say is why do you keep doing the job ? One of my guys got bitten by a customer s dog it was reported to the police and next day it was put down . Postmen if bitten report it straight away and legal action is always taken again in the majority of cases the dog is put down and the owner gets sued .

I havnt been bitten eight times by the same dog  ;D, now that would be ridiculous, all different dogs on different properties.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2024, 06:53:20 pm »
Thankfully only been the once while canvassing - it was a pit bull type laying in n wait as I posted a flyer  deep cut around the nail

Any customer with an uncontrolled dog is dropped
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2024, 07:25:14 pm »
Nipped once twenty years ago. Customer dropped.

Never had a problem with dogs before or since.
It's a game of three halves!

matty72

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2024, 07:48:49 pm »
Got bit about 6 months ago, a medium sized greyhound dog like, every time i do the windows it goes mental, this day walked around the back, the back door open, dog runs straight out bit me, some blood three teeth marks, carried on going for me trying to kick it of me, woman screaming he 's never bit anyone before, I ran dog chased closed gate lucky, still do the the job, bit shaken up i was, lucky the dog want any bigger.

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2024, 08:00:31 pm »

I havnt been bitten eight times by the same dog  ;D, now that would be ridiculous, all different dogs on different properties.

Ah ok though you meant same dog 😂😂😂 with 5 staff over 25 years we have only had one incident , that resulted in the dog being put down the owners knew it was dangerous as it had bitten someone else , which we didn’t know at the time . We have dropped jobs ware the dogs could be a problem we had one that had two Alsatian’s that nearly came through the window at us and they could open the front door , told the woman we weren’t prepared to take the risk of being bitten, I love dogs  and arnt afraid of the vast majority but you just get a gut feeling about the odd one

JandS

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2024, 08:55:45 pm »
Same as Smudger 4 stitches in finger for trying to push flyer all the way through letter box.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2024, 09:18:11 pm »
Only once for me in 29 years. Used to do a pub back in the day and have to go in to collect the £10 from the bar. An Alsatian (their pub dog) nipped my private parts. It was bloody painful and thankfully just a nip but enough for me to be in pain. I was young and  naive at the time. I wouldn’t tolerate that now! Had a bruise too for a few days! Thinking about it i had a lucky escape there.

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2024, 09:20:37 pm »
I am reminded of a customer with a jack russel they had a flap in the back door - it see to tear out at 100 mph all teeth blazing - that’s when I found an slx had another use 😜

After 5 cleans it never came out while I was cleaning 👍
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Bungle

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2024, 10:08:57 pm »
 Anyone else have dogs that go mad chasing the brush when they're the other side of the glass? I make sure I do a double clean on those windows  :P
We look at them, they look through them.

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2024, 10:12:19 pm »
No, several Cats tho

deeege

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2024, 10:31:36 pm »
Quote from: Splash & dash link=topic =224081.msg2150234#msg2150234 date=1708021987
One of my guys got bitten by a customer s dog it was reported to the police and next day it was put down .

I’ve heard some utter nonsense on these forums over the years but this beats the lot of
it  ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Splash & dash

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2024, 10:49:42 pm »
Quote from: Splash & dash link=topic =224081.msg2150234#msg2150234 date=1708021987
One of my guys got bitten by a customer s dog it was reported to the police and next day it was put down .

I’ve heard some utter nonsense on these forums over the years but this beats the lot of
it  ;D

The dog had been reported and the owners cautioned for a previous attack which we were unaware of , when I reported it to the police they went round the next day after statement had been taken and pictures of the bites seen the dog was taken straight to the vets and put down . It’s not utter nonsense it’s a fact  as per usual you are talking out of your ass . Exactly the same thing happens the first time a dog bites a postman and the owners are always prosecuted

deeege

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2024, 10:54:28 pm »

it  ;D

The dog had been reported and the owners cautioned for a previous attack which we were unaware of , when I reported it to the police they went round the next day after statement had been taken and pictures of the bites seen the dog was taken straight to the vets and put down . It’s not utter nonsense it’s a fact  as per usual you are talking out of your ass . Exactly the same thing happens the first time a dog bites a postman and the owners are always prosecuted

Yep, next day after a dog bite the police rush round, seize the dog,  sort the paperwork and it gets taken to the nearest vets and gets put down.

Nonsense.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2024, 11:09:13 pm »

it  ;D

Yep, next day after a dog bite the police rush round, seize the dog,  sort the paperwork and it gets taken to the nearest vets and gets put down.

Nonsense.

No it’s taken very seriously especially on a second attack a local postman was bitten and the dog  was put down within hours it was in all the local papers at the time , you can believe what you want but it’s a fact , there have been several high profile cases on the a news ware dogs  have attacked people and been destroyed within a couple of hours try google there are loads on there if you fancy a read

Shrek

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2024, 07:13:57 am »
There is no rule that states a dog should be automatically put to sleep if it bites a person or other animal. Legally, if certain conditions are fulfilled, the person in charge of the dog may be brought before a court and may be ordered to have the dog put to sleep, although this is by no means inevitable.

simon w

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2024, 07:31:21 am »
There is no rule that states a dog should be automatically put to sleep if it bites a person or other animal. Legally, if certain conditions are fulfilled, the person in charge of the dog may be brought before a court and may be ordered to have the dog put to sleep, although this is by no means inevitable.

What if your bitten by a police dog??

simon w

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2024, 07:32:49 am »
I expect Daz has had a few love bites while on duty over the years.  ::)roll

DJW

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2024, 07:40:51 am »

What if your bitten by a police dog??

That takes the biscuit.