neiljoust

Trolley
« on: February 13, 2024, 05:25:55 pm »
Does anyone use a trolley instead of your main system, i get really red up with getting the hose caught up etc , if so how is it

Viscount

Re: Trolley
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 07:21:44 pm »
You'll find lugging a trolley around and trying to get down paths etc. harder than hose. Water's heavier than you think it's going to be.

MrChurchMouse

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 07:28:26 pm »
I use one of the Pure Freedom trolley systems, one of the older heavier models rather than the ones they sell now.   They're generally pretty good and as in my case I only use it for upstairs windows, I only need to bring it inside to charge once a week. 

It does give me the advantage of being able to do back windows of properties where the only option to get around the back is through the house.  It is a hassle though lugging the 3 separate parts through, (as in pole, tank and trolley).  As mentioned, if using a 25 litre tank or larger, they can be very heavy when full when lifting in and out of the vehicle.  I generally use smaller tanks now to get around this.         

neiljoust

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 08:49:42 pm »
I have been using a main hose for 12 years but recently been using a backpack which I find some much easier, but backpacks I have found don’t last .

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 10:48:14 pm »
I started with a Pure Freedom trolley in 2007 and never found the need to move onto a van. However, I had a long established fairly compact round so my trolley saw very little time in my vehicle. Even now I earn more per day with it working on my own, than a couple of my mates combined working from a 2 man van system I discovered recently, though this is more likely due to the aforementioned compact nature of my round. Horses for courses and all that.

At least two other friends of mine started with big home made trolley's with reels on, moved to vans and then back to the trolley's because they found them easier even with the reels on. This did surprise me.

As I only use PU pole hose with a maximum length of 20mtr from trolley to pole base, some years ago I switched out the Sureflo pump on my trolley with a backpack pump. As these pumps require much smaller batteries (7-10ah) and a basic PWM flow controller it significantly reduced the weight of the trolley making it much easier to lift in and out of the vehicle. This has become the perfect setup for me.

If you go for this method you will still get your hose caught on things but personally I find it a minor nuisance compared to the freedom of my 25L trolley.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 11:03:53 pm »
I use one of the Pure Freedom trolley systems, one of the older heavier models rather than the ones they sell now.   They're generally pretty good and as in my case I only use it for upstairs windows, I only need to bring it inside to charge once a week. 

It does give me the advantage of being able to do back windows of properties where the only option to get around the back is through the house.  It is a hassle though lugging the 3 separate parts through, (as in pole, tank and trolley).  As mentioned, if using a 25 litre tank or larger, they can be very heavy when full when lifting in and out of the vehicle.  I generally use smaller tanks now to get around this.         

To reduce lifting of full barrels I fill them in my vehicle from my main storage tank in my garden with an 18mtr 1" ID hose. The only lifting I have to do after that is out of the vehicle and onto the trolley. They are on wheels after that and empty when I get back.

As for properties with no rear access I use a 16L backpack and a 10mtr pole hose so I don't have to wheel anything through. Not that I have that many.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

neiljoust

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2024, 03:14:16 pm »
Thank you all I might go for a backpack and a trolley then .

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2024, 04:06:10 pm »
Lugging a trolley about when you could just grab your hose and pole and walk is madness IMO but each to their own.an electric reel makes it even easier....
price higher/work harder!

Bungle

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2024, 05:09:38 pm »
I've got a trolley in the back of my van. I haven't used it in donkeys. The battery will be totally knackered. I suppose I keep it in there just in case I need to nick the controller or pump of it if I get stuck while out working. I've got a backpack too but I only use it on 4 or 5 houses. I find the backpack runs out of water pretty quick and I don't have it on full whack.
We look at them, they look through them.

M.c.s

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2024, 06:53:29 pm »
I use a 50ltre pure freedom  I converted  it to 25ltre. Very handy  for me

Billy clarke

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2024, 07:16:36 pm »
We have 2 vans . Both with a fixed reel and tank . Plus a 25 litre pure freedom trolley in each . We love the trolleys . But 95 % of our work is compact . Park up lift the trolley out usually no more than twice a day . Put it on fill from the tank crack on with a couple of houses working it while it fills . 50 metres of pole hose is perfect . Then usually one of us will take the trolley to get the awkward house . There’s always one on every street . We only carry one spare barrel in case of emergencies. A  lot of the time I jump out the van first . Not hard with my youngest . 😁 grab the trolley , tell him he’s on the main hose . They work perfect for us . But we have every street sussed out . I know when to move the van a few houses , trolley back on fill and working it while filling . I also never reel the main hose in . Leave the pole in a garden drag the hose behind the van . There’s been plenty of days when i have worked on my own and just used the trolley .

Billy clarke

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2024, 07:17:40 pm »
Forgot to put , they are the nano trollies.

DJW

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2024, 07:02:01 pm »
I’m off my trolley now.

JandS

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2024, 09:00:11 pm »
Started off on 50 litre PF trolley and within 6 months had stripped the battery, controller and pump out of it and fitted it in my van with a water tank and hose reel....was hard work and time consuming.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2024, 06:49:11 pm »
Lugging a trolley about when you could just grab your hose and pole and walk is madness IMO but each to their own.an electric reel makes it even easier....

I 100% agree with this.  I was exactly in the same boat a few years back and was convincing myself a trolley or backpack  was the way to go. I then took the plunge and invested in a pure freedom set up with electric hose wheel. Never looked back. I have the backpack in the van as well for the very rare time I might need it.

Also I’ve heard so many times guys using wfp ONLY for upstairs. No logic at all. What a faff doing the bottoms trad. Go all in and do the whole lot wfp and you will never look back! 👍