dazmond

Re: The smell of weed
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2024, 04:12:46 pm »
BTW I'm not condoning the use of drugs but its a normal part of everyday life for many people and lots of them are NOT criminals,the rise of cannabis use and even cocaine at weekends has skyrocketed over the last 30 years or so esp with young professionals.

price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2024, 05:02:18 pm »
BTW I'm not condoning the use of drugs but its a normal part of everyday life for many people and lots of them are NOT criminals,the rise of cannabis use and even cocaine at weekends has skyrocketed over the last 30 years or so esp with young professionals.

It may have become a normal part of one’s lives but it’s not normal behaviour be taking these  substances it’s a commonly accepted fact by medical professionals that ones start with cannabis and many progress to harder drugs , many then get involved in a criminal life style to support their habit , I agree some are yuppies and have a plentiful supply of cash to for there drugs but that’s not always the case , a friend of mines brother is a very well off builder his wife has a major cocaine  habit she spent over 200k on the stuff over several years before her husband was aware of what was going on , long storey short they are now separated, she has lost her job , has a restraining order against her , is banned from contact with her kids and has attempted suicide many times she started with cannabis , and that led to cocaine and her demise .

Ggh

« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2024, 05:28:54 pm »
It’s obviously not about smoking it whilst you’re driving.!!!
It’s still in your system for about a month I believe. So they would fail the drug wipe.
Ps it’s nice to know that primary school teachers are smoking it!!!
The world has definitely gone ‘to pot’
Pun definitely intended!

Half the teachers in high school admitted to smoking weed in the 1980s.its normal.

It’s NOT NORMAL and people should not be allowed to promote drug taking on a public forum it’s illegal for a reason, I would report anyone for drink driving and drug driving and have done so many times they are a menace to society regardless what they do for a living , and school teachers if caught will be sacked we have recently had a primary school teacher sacked locally that was done for drink driving turned out she was an alcoholic and she was sacked . Many jobs if caught taking drugs or having illegal drugs in your system it’s instant dismissal , we had a guy in the fire service caught with cocaine in his system was instantly sacked and  lost 20 years pension went ti industrial tribunal and they upheld his sacking and loss of pension

I’ve ridden a pump with most guys over the limit on alcohol, including the driver.

People have taken drugs since the dawn of time. Perfectly normal.
People should be responsible too.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Splash & dash

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2024, 05:35:01 pm »
It’s obviously not about smoking it whilst you’re driving.!!!
It’s still in your system for about a month I believe. So they would fail the drug wipe.
Ps it’s nice to know that primary school teachers are smoking it!!!
The world has definitely gone ‘to pot’
Pun definitely intended!

Half the teachers in high school admitted to smoking weed in the 1980s.its normal.

It’s NOT NORMAL and people should not be allowed to promote drug taking on a public forum it’s illegal for a reason, I would report anyone for drink driving and drug driving and have done so many times they are a menace to society regardless what they do for a living , and school teachers if caught will be sacked we have recently had a primary school teacher sacked locally that was done for drink driving turned out she was an alcoholic and she was sacked . Many jobs if caught taking drugs or having illegal drugs in your system it’s instant dismissal , we had a guy in the fire service caught with cocaine in his system was instantly sacked and  lost 20 years pension went ti industrial tribunal and they upheld his sacking and loss of pension

I’ve ridden a pump with most guys over the limit on alcohol, including the driver.

People have taken drugs since the dawn of time. Perfectly normal.
People should be responsible too.

If that’s the case you have a duty of care to report it , I certainly wouldn’t tolerate that , if ones turn up smelling of drink they are sent home if they got on the pump it would be instant suspension, back in the late 80s it did use to happen but certainly not now .

Ggh

« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2024, 05:39:42 pm »
I guess the culture has changed.

It always puzzles me that people are blind enough to think that alcohol is fine and all recreational drugs are evil. It’s the user that’s the problem, not the drug.
To dismiss all drugs as bad is just silly though. What about medicines?
From £350/day

Splash & dash

« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2024, 05:54:28 pm »
I guess the culture has changed.

It always puzzles me that people are blind enough to think that alcohol is fine and all recreational drugs are evil. It’s the user that’s the problem, not the drug.
To dismiss all drugs as bad is just silly though. What about medicines?

There is nothing wrong with alcohol in moderation and providing they don’t get behind the wheel of a vehicle whilst it’s still in there system

Illegal mind altering drugs is a totally different kettle of fish by there very nature they are illegal , and can cause all kinds of long term issue , I had a customer who back in the 60 s regularly took LSD 40 years later he said he still got  the haloosenagenic dreams .  Although he hadn’t taken it in years he died around 5 years ago and suffered with the results up to his death and always said he wished he had never taken it 

Drugs prescribed by a medical practitioner are given to help specific ailments and even a lot of theses can and do have side effects but the benefits  out way the negatives , also you won’t get arrested for having them in your system or on your person  , but may not be all to drive whilst taking them.

Ggh

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2024, 06:21:09 pm »
Alcohol causes long term issues.

Just because something is illegal, it doesn’t mean it’s wrong.  You need to broaden the way you look at things.
From £350/day

Bungle

« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2024, 06:38:00 pm »
I'd get the popcorn out but I'm watching the footy in a bit  ;D
We look at them, they look through them.

james peters

« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2024, 06:42:16 pm »
people that drink alcohol  hate being told its a drug and always play it down

DJW

« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2024, 06:54:50 pm »

You do realise Dazmond that because you don’t smoke it this means you “are not normal”
I’ve thought this for many years now.

Splash & dash

« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2024, 07:01:25 pm »

Just because something is illegal, it doesn’t mean it’s wrong.  You need to broaden the way you look at things.

Bit of a contradiction in terms there , by the fact it’s illegal , means that there is a reason for it it’s not just a case of someone deciding they don’t like it. Theses laws are there for the benefit of the majority in the country , I agree with you the mis use or over indulgence in alcohol is a major issue with sum

dazmond

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2024, 07:08:35 pm »

You do realise Dazmond that because you don’t smoke it this means you “are not normal”
I’ve thought this for many years now.

I like to be different and stand out from the crowd!🤣🤣🤣

I took that many drugs in my youth if I died tomorrow you could still get high off my ashes!
price higher/work harder!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2024, 07:24:34 pm »
people that drink alcohol  hate being told its a drug and always play it down

I drink Alcohol (in fact I just had one budvar)
Prob drink about 4 or 5 pints a week, thoroughly enjoy them.
Not illegal or too damaging to my health.
I am jealous of my son who is teeTotal though.
He's thinner than me.
I take drugs that are prescribed unless I think the side effects are worse than the risk, as was evident when the Covid jab badly affected my wife, twice over.
Never done recreational drugs and at 67 years of age am not planning to start any time soon.

simon w

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2024, 07:31:16 pm »
Another pet hate of mine is these morons who inhale gas through balloons, reminds me of the glue sniffing punks of the 80's

Ggh

« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2024, 07:54:14 pm »

Bit of a contradiction in terms there , by the fact it’s illegal , means that there is a reason for it it’s not just a case of someone deciding they don’t like it. Theses laws are there for the benefit of the majority in the country , I agree with you the mis use or over indulgence in alcohol is a major issue with sum

Prohibition in America? Alcohol is fine now though……

The reason for a government legislating on the use of drugs may have reasons other than health. Look at the history of hemp for example.
History has shown us to never trust those imposing laws upon us. Slavery, voting rights, conscription for WW1, criminalising homosexuality until recently, the list goes on…

You should take a load of drugs and make your own mind up.👍

From £350/day

Ggh

« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2024, 07:55:34 pm »
Another pet hate of mine is these morons who inhale gas through balloons, reminds me of the glue sniffing punks of the 80's

But a glass of wine is fine?👍
From £350/day

Splash & dash

« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2024, 08:26:58 pm »

The reason for a government legislating on the use of drugs may have reasons other than health. Look at the history of hemp for example.
History has shown us to never trust those imposing laws upon us. Slavery, voting rights, conscription for WW1, criminalising homosexuality until recently, the list goes on…

I agree about a lot of theses things that you have mentioned , but illegal drug use is in a different league to slavery , and conscription etc , nothing wrong with alcohol in moderation either I rarely drink due to the fact of being on call and having to go in charge of an appliance and having to set an example to the crew , that’s my choice and ime happy with that but will have a drink on occasions when off duty or holiday . I don’t need alcohol or drugs to have a good time thanks 😂😂😂

Ggh

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2024, 10:45:15 am »

I agree about a lot of theses things that you have mentioned , but illegal drug use is in a different league to slavery , and conscription etc , nothing wrong with alcohol in moderation either I rarely drink due to the fact of being on call and having to go in charge of an appliance and having to set an example to the crew , that’s my choice and ime happy with that but will have a drink on occasions when off duty or holiday . I don’t need alcohol or drugs to have a good time thanks 😂😂😂

Neither do I.👍

It doesn’t mean others shouldn’t enjoy it though.
From £350/day

Billy clarke

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2024, 06:14:12 pm »
I thinks drugs do have there uses . Every couple of weeks I get 2 steaks and a good  bottle of red wine for a tenner off a local crack head . He told me last week it was going up to £12 . No way  am I paying that . I told him I will go monthly. He said that would be £15 . He started moaning about inflation and the cost of living . Gunna speak to another local crack head who my neighbour uses . Apparently he throws a jar of. Coffee in every 3 months if you don’t turn him away . Plus you can pay him online .

Splash & dash

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2024, 06:19:34 pm »
I thinks drugs do have there uses . Every couple of weeks I get 2 steaks and a good  bottle of red wine for a tenner off a local crack head . He told me last week it was going up to £12 . No way  am I paying that . I told him I will go monthly. He said that would be £15 . He started moaning about inflation and the cost of living . Gunna speak to another local crack head who my neighbour uses . Apparently he throws a jar of. Coffee in every 3 months if you don’t turn him away . Plus you can pay him online .

Why oh why would you have dealings with this type of low life , I certainly wouldn’t want to eat or drink anything that came from that kind of source it could be contaminated, out of date or they could have done  any number of things to it , we regularly go out on shouts with this type of Persian and the conditions they live in are often absolute squalid and unhygienic.