jonboywalton75

Re: The smell of weed
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2024, 04:50:30 pm »
My missus still smokes weed most nights and she's 53!her daughter,boyfriend and most of their friends smoke it too....they are all hard working, friendly people not dole dossers....

Ironically its far less harmful to most people than alcohol and cigarettes...

I don't smoke it anymore as I don't personally like it but for lots of people it relaxes them and helps their creativity esp if their into arts and crafts like my missus!🙂👍

I don't smoke it, but I have found people that do are nicer people then people that just drink

Isn't that a little like saying, I lived next door to Fred West and he was a good neighbour MOST of the time 😂😂

Bungle

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2024, 05:34:46 pm »
My missus still smokes weed most nights and she's 53!her daughter,boyfriend and most of their friends smoke it too....they are all hard working, friendly people not dole dossers....

Ironically its far less harmful to most people than alcohol and cigarettes...

I don't smoke it anymore as I don't personally like it but for lots of people it relaxes them and helps their creativity esp if their into arts and crafts like my missus!🙂👍

Are any of them paranoid?
We look at them, they look through them.

Stoots

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2024, 05:41:29 pm »
I wouldn't mind trying a bit of weed but don't know any drug dealers. Supposed to be good for aches and pains. Smoked it a lot as a kid but never really got on with it proffered amphetamines.

So many dealers round here!you can get anything you want.

Personally I'd buy a decent massage gun Adam.ive got a pulseroll mini and it's fantastic for achy muscles.even the physios use them now.👍

To be fair theres probably quite a few where i live, big council estate.... But im not sure how to approach a young chav, excuse me squire could you point me in the direction of the local crack den  :D

I would probably give it a whirl if i was ever offered some but i cant say its something that i crave. I was more thinking for anxiety and stuff it might be good but then ive heard it can make these things worse so who knows.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2024, 05:56:15 pm »
Weed  is just like any other addiction no good
Plenty of scrotes around here that smoke it and go robbing and stealing.
Stay away Stoots it may f*** you up.
Spit and polish

Splash & dash

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2024, 06:44:21 pm »
Many start with weed and progress to  other things we regularly go out to overdoses some die some survive but cannabis is a slippery slope to worse addictions and a criminal life style steer well clear ,

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2024, 07:20:13 pm »
Many start with weed and progress to  other things we regularly go out to overdoses some die some survive but cannabis is a slippery slope to worse addictions and a criminal life style steer well clear ,

Lots of different types of people smoke weed,not just criminals....my stepdaughter is a primary school teacher!my partner is an interior designer!

I smoke the occasional fat cuban cigar....😄

Each to their own!
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2024, 07:56:04 pm »
About time it was made legal really at least that way it can be quality controlled.

No worse than alcohol and tobacco

Bungle

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2024, 08:07:21 pm »

Lots of different types of people smoke weed,not just criminals....my stepdaughter is a primary school teacher!my partner is an interior designer!

Each to their own!

What sort of family have you married into Dazmond?  :o
We look at them, they look through them.

Viscount

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2024, 08:21:56 pm »
Seems like it really is everywhere!

I took up smoking a pipe - just pipe tobacco at 42 to calm the stress of teaching. I now only have one on Friday after work. I finish the last house, pack my pipe, light-up and drive home looking like Gandalf. Never touched weed though.

Smudger

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2024, 08:45:11 pm »
Wow - don’t see/here people smoking a pipe anymore - the aroma is fantastic off a pipe
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Bobski

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2024, 08:50:20 pm »
I wouldn't mind trying a bit of weed but don't know any drug dealers. Supposed to be good for aches and pains. Smoked it a lot as a kid but never really got on with it proffered amphetamines.
Find someone who get you California medical cannabis oil, so you can vape it, my son took it for his epilepsy, worked wonders

alank

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2024, 09:16:25 pm »
I've smoked a pipe for years especially when I'm fishing.
Enjoy the occasional cigar aswel.

Col

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2024, 09:23:24 pm »
I vaped a bit of weed nightly up to last year.
No smell and no tobacco and great sleeps and chilled me out after work.

Reason I stopped was the fear of being stopped by the police in the morning and getting a drugswipe.
Fail that and you can kiss your driving licence and business goodbye.
Even though it would be 12 hours between vaping and driving and I felt brand new each morning I couldn't find any concrete proof that i would pass the test and the risk was just too high.
The trace limit on the test is almost zero and I found plenty of cases where people were testing positive the next morning after a smoke.

Never got melted on it and it was just a small pinch each evening and I kind miss it but lost a bit of weight through not getting the munchies   :)

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2024, 09:31:20 pm »

Each to their own!

I'm not married mate!

Don't forget people like Paul McCartney and Mike Tyson still smoke weed and have done for many years
price higher/work harder!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2024, 10:30:21 pm »

Each to their own!

I'm not married mate!

Don't forget people like Paul McCartney and Mike Tyson still smoke weed and have done for many years

Well they certainly aren't my role models 🙄

DJW

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2024, 06:48:19 am »
I’ve always heard fat people are  jolly, i’m going to give obesity a try.

Always shining

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2024, 07:23:06 am »
Good luck to all your friends and family Dazmond.
Do they drive?
Only takes them to be caught in a police operation tackling drug drivers and then that’s licence gone and teachers job gone.
Small risk but a risk all the same.
I used to smoke it regularly but just couldn’t shake the worry that what if I do get stopped. Licence gone = no work = **cked!
So stopped a few months ago and I feel absolutely no different now to when I smoked it every night.
Just something to think about

james peters

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2024, 07:45:31 am »
Pretty sure alcohol is the gateway drug. I can’t stand smoking dope, doesn’t mean others shouldn’t enjoy it though. It’s human behaviour that’s normally the issue, not the drugs.

great observation.....
picture a scene
A family having a picnic in a park.......... the children playing whilst the adults do a couple of lines of coke or smoke a few joints
everyone would be mortified and report it

however picture the same scene , only this time the adults a drinking bottles of wine ...
nobody would take any notice ..... yet it can be argued that alcohol is far worse
this is because society has normalised it alcohol.

society brainwashes  peoples behaviour

NBwcs

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2024, 08:12:46 am »
Society is hypercritical that's for sure, we accept alcohol and all it's associated problems. I love a drink but I drink "happy beer". Unfortunately a lot of people don't. I can think of 4 or 5 incidents when a night out has been ruined by dickheads intent on causing trouble fueled by alcohol. Approx 40% of all crimes committed by inmates were done so under the influence of alcohol.  All things in life require self control, I don't buy into the argument that weed is a gateway to stronger stuff any more than beer or wine is a gateway to spirits/moonshine. Alcohol  is a stimulant, weed has a soporific quality, it generally calms you down. Both have their problems but why one is acceptable and one not is ridiculous especially as behavioural problems are known to be worse with the one which has been normalised.

Always shining

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2024, 08:14:12 am »
You are right mate but alcohol is in your system one day. Weed is in there 28 if you smoke it regularly.  That was my point re driving.
Is alcohol more damaging than weed? There’s a debate to be had but from my point of view yes it is. Cocaine as has been said is far far worse.
How many fights outside pubs at kicking out time are caused by people stoned? The alcohol and cocaine is a terrible combination and has definitely led to the violence being used becoming increasing worse!