Viscount

The smell of weed
« on: February 11, 2024, 08:56:53 pm »
First time window cleaning - 2003-2011, I had quite a few council houses and the like. Never smelt the pungent odour of wacky-backy. Now, if a quote is council, I can almost put money on there being a waft of the weed floating about.

Is it just me? Or has it become super common-place now. I don't think I've ever smelt it so much in my life as I have the last 8 months. I grew up in on a council estate and it was a never like that then.

Splash & dash

Re: The smell of weed
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 09:00:55 pm »
Don’t think it’s just council estates it’s everywhere even in the main streets of the towns and cities as well

KS Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2024, 09:07:18 pm »
A car passed me the other day, the occupants were obviously smoking weed….I’m surprised the car wasn’t floating in mid air!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2024, 09:49:20 pm »
It's surprising just how many and the kind of people who use drugs these days! Particularly shocking is the use of cocaine by people you would never expect to. What we would consider 'ordinary' people, mums and dads, business owners, professional people, younger generation farmers, medical professionals..... the list goes on.
Personally, I have never taken any kind of recreational drug in my entire life (unless you include alcohol😁) but I've really had my eyes opened in the last few years!!😲
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2024, 10:43:37 pm »
My missus still smokes weed most nights and she's 53!her daughter,boyfriend and most of their friends smoke it too....they are all hard working, friendly people not dole dossers....

Ironically its far less harmful to most people than alcohol and cigarettes...

I don't smoke it anymore as I don't personally like it but for lots of people it relaxes them and helps their creativity esp if their into arts and crafts like my missus!🙂👍
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2024, 10:51:35 pm »
It's surprising just how many and the kind of people who use drugs these days! Particularly shocking is the use of cocaine by people you would never expect to. What we would consider 'ordinary' people, mums and dads, business owners, professional people, younger generation farmers, medical professionals..... the list goes on.
Personally, I have never taken any kind of recreational drug in my entire life (unless you include alcohol😁) but I've really had my eyes opened in the last few years!!😲

There's nothing I haven't took apart from heroin!(smackheads don't look like their having a good time!)🤣

Cocaine,crack,Ecstasy,amphetamine,ketamine,LSD,cannabis,cigarettes,copious amounts of alcohol.....

I've had some great times and nights out while high as a kite but I'm glad I didn't carry on doing them.....👍

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2024, 07:28:20 am »
I wouldn't mind trying a bit of weed but don't know any drug dealers. Supposed to be good for aches and pains. Smoked it a lot as a kid but never really got on with it proffered amphetamines.

james peters

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2024, 08:07:50 am »

you have never taken alcohol.?    It kills far far more people  than heroin each year.
Its mad how alcohol is legal. I  have  been listening to an audio of "Alcohol lied to me " I am a problem drinker , and would like to be Alcohol free .

you would be surprised how many people are problem drinkers without knowing it .
alcohol is everywhere ,  :o

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2024, 08:23:35 am »
I wouldn't mind trying a bit of weed but don't know any drug dealers. Supposed to be good for aches and pains. Smoked it a lot as a kid but never really got on with it proffered amphetamines.

So many dealers round here!you can get anything you want.

Personally I'd buy a decent massage gun Adam.ive got a pulseroll mini and it's fantastic for achy muscles.even the physios use them now.👍

Slacky

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2024, 08:49:11 am »
Personally I'd buy a decent massage gun Adam.

;D

And get a subscription to Calm app.

deeege

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2024, 09:51:08 am »
The green that is everywhere these days is super strong compared to the solid hash i used to smoke back in the day. It smells disgusting these days too, no thanks. 🤮
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

simon w

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2024, 10:39:13 am »
Disgusting habit and the criminals and exploitation that goes with it, I think we'll be looking at a nation of youth with depression and poor mental health. Glad I have nothing to do with it.

Ascjim

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2024, 11:33:38 am »
My missus still smokes weed most nights and she's 53!her daughter,boyfriend and most of their friends smoke it too....they are all hard working, friendly people not dole dossers....

I don't smoke it anymore as I don't personally like it but for lots of people it relaxes them and helps their creativity esp if their into arts and crafts like my missus!🙂👍

I don't smoke it, but I have found people that do are nicer people then people that just drink

Ascjim

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2024, 12:15:00 pm »

you have never taken alcohol.?    It kills far far more people  than heroin each year.
Its mad how alcohol is legal. I  have  been listening to an audio of "Alcohol lied to me " I am a problem drinker , and would like to be Alcohol free .

you would be surprised how many people are problem drinkers without knowing it .
alcohol is everywhere ,  :o

I also listened to that book and I didn't drink a drop for 5 years. Now, I only drink socially.

NBwcs

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2024, 12:55:22 pm »

So many dealers round here!you can get anything you want.

Personally I'd buy a decent massage gun Adam.ive got a pulseroll mini and it's fantastic for achy muscles.even the physios use them now.👍

How do know which end to light?

Slacky

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2024, 01:46:59 pm »
Where I'm moving to they sell it through Govt managed shops/outlets.

Still trying to work out if it's a good or bad thing. If it's a gateway drug as they say and you then go to the East side in Vancouver you'd soon think selling it isnt a good idea. I took a trip through the East side on a couple of occasions the first time I came out here, its an eye-opener going through that place, and its also very very sad to see how low people can sink.

Ggh

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2024, 02:35:20 pm »
Pretty sure alcohol is the gateway drug. I can’t stand smoking dope, doesn’t mean others shouldn’t enjoy it though. It’s human behaviour that’s normally the issue, not the drugs.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Bungle

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2024, 04:11:11 pm »
My neighbours smoke it in the garden and wafts over to ours. We were in the garden yesterday with visitors and it came over. It stank bloody horrible. We all looked over to where the smell came from and the bloke smoking it went and hid behind a fence. The Mrs just told me they were out smoking it today too. The pair of them next door are good for nothings and he's a loud mouthed bully towards his Mrs. He's building what looks like an outside bar so he'll probably smoking some poo in there come the nice weather.

I can't stand the smell of it and I smoke!
We look at them, they look through them.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2024, 04:43:00 pm »
It's everywhere, all the time
Personally I've never needed drugs or alcohol to have a good time (I do drink for pleasure though)
Plenty of things in life to get creative about without resorting to drugs etc if you are not thick and have a modicum of imagination.
Weed does no- one any good, I'm high on life myself 👍

jonboywalton75

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2024, 04:45:02 pm »

I don't smoke it, but I have found people that do are nicer people then people that just drink

Daft generalisation really 🙄