֍Winp®oClean֍

Hi Viz Microbore
« on: February 05, 2024, 08:03:40 pm »
Can anyone recommend some hi viz 6mm microbore for cold water? I've bought some off ebay and it's terrible, as in way too stiff and hard! It tends not to lay flat and coils up too much. So, I'm looking for something 'softer'.
This is the rubbish I bought-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163323508273?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=K_H1uie8Ss2&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=_JEVDsbdQsO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Comfortably Numb!

Drake

Re: Hi Viz Microbore
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 09:55:34 pm »
I'm looking to.
I have this hose atm, it's not great.
Snags and keeps getting holes and I've had the cut it down twice in 12 months, the yellow hose I originally used lasted years....I just can't remember where I got it from  ::)roll

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 11:15:22 pm »
I've just bought some from circuit hydraulics.

I always buy from them because  its cheap and I'm tight.

Mines the same bit stiff but it will bed in once you get using it for a few days.

Is does tend to kink though my previous hose from them I had to cut down  a couple of times as it split where it was kinking.

Still not buying expensive stuff though it'll do  ;D

simon w

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2024, 01:22:12 pm »
Just put 100 metres of hi viz 6mm ID from Purefreedom on one of their stainless steel manual reels, went on the reel easy, low memory and is behaving nicely from the off.

dd

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 01:28:41 pm »

Mines the same bit stiff but it will bed in once you get using it for a few days.

Is does tend to kink though my previous hose from them I had to cut down  a couple of times as it split where it was kicking.

The hose is slightly cheaper on Cleaningspot

NBwcs

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2024, 01:53:12 pm »

Is does tend to kink though my previous hose from them I had to cut down  a couple of times as it split where it was kicking.

I usually buy hose from pure freedom (pre take over) and didn't realise how good it was till I bought some from cleaning spot (8mm) and it's not in the same league, kinks alot. I'd ask pure freedom if they're still using the same supplier as they used to and if so go for that.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2024, 07:08:41 pm »
Just put 100 metres of hi viz 6mm ID from Purefreedom on one of their stainless steel manual reels, went on the reel easy, low memory and is behaving nicely from the off.

Thanks for that, not sure I can cope with this stuff much longer without losing the plot!!😄
Comfortably Numb!

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2024, 10:30:00 pm »
Pure freedom hose is now the same as window cleaning warehouse hose. Cheaper quality and thinner.

I was disappointed.

Now I use Doug at Daqua and it’s the best quality I’ve found. I use hot water though so Mayb that changes things, but it’s top quality.

http://www.daqua.co.uk/hoses.htm

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2024, 03:15:09 pm »
Pure freedom hose is now the same as window cleaning warehouse hose. Cheaper quality and thinner.

I was disappointed.

Now I use Doug at Daqua and it’s the best quality I’ve found. I use hot water though so Mayb that changes things, but it’s top quality.

Interestingly, Doug is the only supplier I've seen who puts a maximum hot water temperature the hose will handle, ie. 50 degrees.

Our water comes out of the boiler at 57 degrees. The last lot of microbore came from Gardiners. I find that the hose stretches when hot, which is a pain when winding it back in, as the hose left on the reel gets hot. I have to completely re-coil the hose on the reel a couple of times a day, which is becoming a bit of a pain. I appreciate the hose is old, but I had it in storage for a couple of years before I fitted it to my hose reel. It's fine when I just use cold water.

I believe the hose Doug sells is from the same supplier Gardiner's used to use.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2024, 04:22:40 pm »

Doesnt seem to be its £57.50 delivered on ebay cant see any that cheap on cleaning spot.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2024, 05:04:20 pm »
May have to check Daqua out then. My pervious hose was Gardiners and it's been great, nice and supple with cold water. It's looking like I can't get good hi-viz so I'll go back to yellow!!
Comfortably Numb!

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2024, 06:17:31 pm »
May have to check Daqua out then. My pervious hose was Gardiners and it's been great, nice and supple with cold water. It's looking like I can't get good hi-viz so I'll go back to yellow!!

Daqua use tge same manufacturer that Gardiner’s did we use there hose and it’s the best out there

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2024, 06:19:48 pm »

Daqua use tge same manufacturer that Gardiner’s did we use there hose and it’s the best out there

Excellent, cheers.👍
Comfortably Numb!

Splash & dash

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2024, 06:42:25 pm »

I was disappointed.

Interestingly, Doug is the only supplier I've seen who puts a maximum hot water temperature the hose will handle, ie. 50 degrees.

Our water comes out of the boiler at 57 degrees. The last lot of microbore came from Gardiners. I find that the hose stretches when hot, which is a pain when winding it back in, as the hose left on the reel gets hot. I have to completely re-coil the hose on the reel a couple of times a day, which is becoming a bit of a pain. I appreciate the hose is old, but I had it in storage for a couple of years before I fitted it to my hose reel. It's fine when I just use cold water.

We use the same hose spruce at considerably higher temperatures and don’t have any issues with it yes it initially stretches but after a few months it seams to go semi hard and it gets that hot you can’t hold it but it works fine we have tried most hoses on the market in the hot water hose from Grippatank and find that the normal yellow microbore from daqua is the best

Bungle

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2024, 04:59:38 pm »

I was disappointed.

We use the same hose spruce at considerably higher temperatures and don’t have any issues with it yes it initially stretches but after a few months it seams to go semi hard and it gets that hot you can’t hold it but it works fine we have tried most hoses on the market in the hot water hose from Grippatank and find that the normal yellow microbore from daqua is the best

Story of my life  ::)roll
We look at them, they look through them.

dd

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2024, 09:36:53 am »

Doesnt seem to be its £57.50 delivered on ebay cant see any that cheap on cleaning spot.
On the ebay link postage is £6.50. Not sure what it is on cleaningspot.