DJW

Minus seven this morning.
« on: January 18, 2024, 07:05:15 am »
I can feel a record day coming on!

deeege

Re: Minus seven this morning.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 07:07:23 am »
Minus 7 here too. Think I’ll leave it until 10am ish today. Water will freeze on the ground almost instantly at that temp.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 07:12:02 am »
Its been crap all week hasn't  it. Yesterday I started half 9 and first house took me half an hour, it was a nightmare every window freezing up. Didn't really get going till half 10 and by that time I could no longer be arsed lol I came home at 1.

I'll do what I can today then I've had enough for one week.

DJW

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 07:22:00 am »
8 weeks and I’m out of this game. Can’t come quick enough!

Hose tourettes has been getting worse lately too, along with runny cat sh it, chillblains and frozen finger tips.

zesty

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 07:38:22 am »
Been in center parcs this week, back tomorrow. So glad we picked this week.

Hate working in minus degrees, faffy and slow to get going.

Jonny 87

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2024, 08:11:07 am »
It’s been weird in Scotland this week.

I’ve got a hot water system, so I can work fine, but what I have noticed is that after I finish a property the glass is just frosting over.

It’s been a bitterly cold wind in Scotland too, I think the “real feel” is more like -10.

I’ve had a slow week, but it’s only lasting till tomorrow.

I like an easy start to the year anyway.  ;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2024, 09:03:15 am »
Under a few inches of snow - a day off !

Been minus all week so later starts generally
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2024, 09:04:39 am »
I love the challenge..... 8)

Like Danny I'm not starting til 10pm.ill be finished for around 3pm then clean the van ready for the MOT tomorrow.

I've been gritting all properties this week.customers are thankful.

All my work has been completed as usual(apart from a roof clean that had 4 inches of snow on it).

I don't know how you cold water lads have managed.your hose must be like wire!
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2024, 09:11:18 am »
Its been crap all week hasn't  it. Yesterday I started half 9 and first house took me half an hour, it was a nightmare every window freezing up. Didn't really get going till half 10 and by that time I could no longer be arsed lol I came home at 1.

No worries Adam.....

Wet and windy next week!storm after storm!🤣🤣🤣

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2024, 09:18:55 am »

No worries Adam.....

I know it's been like this for weeks rain then ice rain then ice.

It's an utterly wank boring job i need to figure out how to get out of it I don't have the patience or motivation anymore. My earnings this past month have been the worst ever because I just cba at all.

:D

Jonny 87

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2024, 10:00:24 am »
All the new start ups around you will have been feeling it this winter. It’s been miserable midlands and up. There’s one positive I guess.

Cheap vans and systems will hit the market in a month or two.  ;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2024, 10:02:13 am »

Like Danny I'm not starting til 10pm.ill be finished for around 3pm then clean the van ready for the MOT tomorrow.

All my work has been completed as usual(apart from a roof clean that had 4 inches of snow on it).

That's the spirit Daz! Headtorch?
It's a game of three halves!

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2024, 10:05:44 am »

That's the spirit Daz! Headtorch?

😂😂
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2024, 10:21:06 am »
Managed Monday and Tuesday. Water just freezing on the glass yesterday so came home. Off today for same reason and probably tomorrow too. I didn't become self employed and spend years refining a well paid, flexible round to be out struggling in -6 temps! Enjoying the time off, currently sat at home with the heating on!😎👌
Work smarter, not harder!🤣
Comfortably Numb!

Stoots

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2024, 11:27:38 am »
Managed Monday and Tuesday. Water just freezing on the glass yesterday so came home. Off today for same reason and probably tomorrow too. I didn't become self employed and spend years refining a well paid, flexible round to be out struggling in -6 temps! Enjoying the time off, currently sat at home with the heating on!😎👌

That's a good idea I think I need more refining. Same old Jobs that slow me down or I don't like doing. Does refining ever end 🤔

zesty

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2024, 11:43:20 am »

That's a good idea I think I need more refining. Same old Jobs that slow me down or I don't like doing. Does refining ever end 🤔

I never refine, I just take on well paying jobs.

It is a boring job Adam, but just do 4-5 hour days.

zesty

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2024, 11:45:30 am »

I don’t have any problems with the hose daz, never an issue. Perhaps that’s because I use 8mm hose. Less like wire.

I haven’t had one day of freezing hose this winter. Not one. And I’m away this week so not effected.

I really don’t feel the need for hot water at all.

JandS

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2024, 11:55:00 am »
Just enjoy the time off then crack on when it's better weather........some won't like this but work w/e's if necessary to keep up if money is tight.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2024, 01:11:38 pm »
Day off today.

Ham egg and chips with a pint of London Pride - and Mrs. Gold - at a pub in Caerleon waiting to pick Muttley up from the dog groomer.

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2024, 01:50:33 pm »
I don't mind having a week off it just always comes at the wrong time. I.e just had 10 days off for Christmas. Not a money thing for me it's just frustrates the hell out of me when I'm dictated to by the weather . When you don't want to work you feel you have to because you couldnt work when you wanted to.

To be fair I've done 3/4 of what I would normally do for the week. Plus ive finished now for the week so I can feel my happiness levels increasing back to normal.  :D

deeege

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2024, 01:54:32 pm »
I sacked it off in the end. Went for a 9 mile run, did my months invoices which is about an hours work, filed my tax return, chased a few payments and quoted 2 jobs. Now having a big tidy of the garage/workshop area.

It’s good to have a down day every so often catching up on jobs. Booked a big office in for tomorrow so I don’t get tempted to have an early weekend  ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

zesty

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2024, 01:56:01 pm »
I don't mind having a week off it just always comes at the wrong time. I.e just had 10 days off for Christmas. Not a money thing for me it's just frustrates the hell out of me when I'm dictated to by the weather . When you don't want to work you feel you have to because you couldnt work when you wanted to.

To be fair I've done 3/4 of what I would normally do for the week. Plus ive finished now for the week so I can feel my happiness levels increasing back to normal.  :D

Why don’t you re train in a trade? Do something more interesting that’s not weather dependent?

simon w

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2024, 02:12:19 pm »
Barely dropped below freezing during the day time here in Bristol.

Probably some of the best weather for window cleaning in the UK here  :)

KS Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2024, 02:56:54 pm »
It’s been weird in Scotland this week.

I’ve got a hot water system, so I can work fine, but what I have noticed is that after I finish a property the glass is just frosting over.

It’s been a bitterly cold wind in Scotland too, I think the “real feel” is more like -10.

I’ve had a slow week, but it’s only lasting till tomorrow.

I like an easy start to the year anyway.  ;D
Probably the result of people being more frugal with their heating.

DJW

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2024, 03:18:40 pm »
Just enjoy the time off then crack on when it's better weather........some won't like this but work w/e's if necessary to keep up if money is tight.

Wash your mouth out !!!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2024, 03:31:10 pm »
Barely dropped below freezing during the day time here in Bristol.

Probably some of the best weather for window cleaning in the UK here  :)

Yes agreed. Bit cooler out in the  nearby South Glos villages but still workable.

Could've done today if I started at about 9.30 but no need as the last three days have been great and tomorrow I should knock out in 4 hours too.

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2024, 07:09:03 pm »
All done and dusted for the week! :D

Have a great weekend chaps! 8)

-5 when I started this morning but all work cleaned as usual and even managed to order my brand new T roc R line (in black) at lunchtime!😀

windowswashed

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2024, 07:15:22 pm »
Minus 9 last night, was on the news earlier. HATE HATE HATE this biting cold weather!

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2024, 07:24:22 pm »

No worries Adam.....

I know it's been like this for weeks rain then ice rain then ice.

It's an utterly wank boring job i need to figure out how to get out of it I don't have the patience or motivation anymore. My earnings this past month have been the worst ever because I just cba at all.

:D

I love my round now.....its 4 short days per week listening to music,audiobooks,etc.....I feel absolutely blessed to be a window cleaner!😎

DJW

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2024, 07:27:38 pm »

-5 when I started this morning but all work cleaned as usual and even managed to order my brand new T roc R line (in black) at lunchtime!😀

Does it come with a caravan or will you order that later?

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2024, 07:31:49 pm »

Does it come with a caravan or will you order that later?

Hate caravans mate!I only like staying in 4 and 5 star hotels abroad!🤣🤣🤣

DJW

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2024, 07:35:21 pm »
Not good for the bodybuilding, sex machine image. Sort of thing my dad would buy. Still, you could blend in with the milfs at the junior school I suppose.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2024, 07:51:12 pm »

Are you taking up hairdressing🤪

zesty

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2024, 08:47:55 pm »
Crikey daz, congrats on the car, albeit a hairdressers car!

A t roc? What were you thinking?

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2024, 10:09:19 pm »

I love a hairdressers car!I used to have a silver ford cougar!😆

T-ROC 1.5TSI EVO DSG R-line in black is a sporty small SUV.....I hate large cars,just fancied a change after 3 golfs in a row(GTI,GTD,GTD).it's higher up than the golf and a bit more room.itll please the missus!😁👍

Bungle

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2024, 10:10:57 pm »

Golf TDI to a T-Roc 😂😂😂😂😂😂 what a muppet.
We look at them, they look through them.

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2024, 10:14:53 pm »

Golf GTD actually mate....I'm bored of golfs now after having 3 of them in 8 years.i need a bit more room in the back for drums and the T ROC is perfect!😘👌

KS Cleaning

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2024, 11:18:22 pm »

Golf GTD actually mate....I'm bored of golfs now after having 3 of them in 8 years.i need a bit more room in the back for drums and the T ROC is perfect!😘👌
We could have forgiven you if you went for the R instead of the R line.

Smudger

Re: Minus seven this morning. New
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2024, 12:47:18 am »
Well  done Daz - you certainly are blessed

zesty

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2024, 08:17:11 am »

I love a hairdressers car!I used to have a silver ford cougar!😆

T-ROC 1.5TSI EVO DSG R-line in black is a sporty small SUV.....I hate large cars,just fancied a change after 3 golfs in a row(GTI,GTD,GTD).it's higher up than the golf and a bit more room.itll please the missus!😁👍

Fair play old bean 👍🏼