zesty

Sky tech gloves are rubbish.
« on: January 17, 2024, 10:51:38 am »
As above.

They aren’t water proof!!!!

I find the screwfix orange gloves much better as don’t let water through.

I got the sky tech ones from you lot recommending them on the other thread. Only to find they allow water in!

Rubbish!!!!!

The only other option is mine are poorly made. But considering they’re advertised as water proof, they haven’t lived up to the claim.

Simon Trapani

Re: Sky tech gloves are rubbish.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 01:00:18 pm »
And the moral of the story is…

Don’t believe everything you read on Clean it Up!🤣🤣🤣

zesty

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 02:16:01 pm »
Yep!!

C.C.S.

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 03:14:39 pm »
I have Skytec argon Extra . They have proved . Very good so far .
Had another per of Skytec , argon and they haven't lasted very well

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2024, 04:38:46 pm »
More likely sweaty hands
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Bungle

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2024, 05:44:04 pm »
As above.

They aren’t water proof!!!!

I find the screwfix orange gloves much better as don’t let water through.

I got the sky tech ones from you lot recommending them on the other thread. Only to find they allow water in!

Rubbish!!!!!

The only other option is mine are poorly made. But considering they’re advertised as water proof, they haven’t lived up to the claim.

You'll be needing Skytech Argon Extra if you want waterproof. Mine don't leak.
We look at them, they look through them.

DJW

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2024, 05:54:04 pm »
I wear three pairs at once.

zesty

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2024, 07:10:48 pm »
More likely sweaty hands

No it’s water leaking in. When doing very high buildings and the water runs down the pole, it’s soaking through the gloves. You get a cold wet soggy glove.

Never happens with the screwfix ones.

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2024, 08:04:27 pm »
More likely sweaty hands

No it’s water leaking in. When doing very high buildings and the water runs down the pole, it’s soaking through the gloves. You get a cold wet soggy glove.

Why do you have water running down the pole ? Usually only happens when doing lower stuff with the pole at acute angles

JandS

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2024, 08:52:03 pm »
Mountain biking gloves all day.....warm when wet but rarely get wet, takes some soaking to make them wet.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

advanced

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2024, 08:57:57 pm »
Showa 460 gloves are the best I have ever used.
Keep hands warm  down to minus 20 Degrees ,easy to take on and off  , fur lined  and hardwearing .
Colour is  bright orange so you won’t loose them .

zesty

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2024, 08:59:33 pm »
Keep hands warm  down to minus 20 Degrees ,easy to take on and off  , fur lined  and hardwearing .

They’re the ones I’ve been using for years.

I tried the Sky techs out of interest due to recommendations on the other thread.

zesty

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2024, 09:00:58 pm »
More likely sweaty hands

Why do you have water running down the pole ? Usually only happens when doing lower stuff with the pole at acute angles

Lower windows? Never.

It’s when you’re doing 40 foot plus, often the water will drip down the pole as the angle with the carbon goosneck at that height causes water to trickle off the brush and down the pole.

Splash & dash

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2024, 09:19:19 pm »
More likely sweaty hands

Lower windows? Never.

It’s when you’re doing 40 foot plus, often the water will drip down the pole as the angle with the carbon goosneck at that height causes water to trickle off the brush and down the pole.
Ok not had that happen might get the odd drip but nothing to worry about getting wet hands like that,  on our longer poles we use the 45 degrees fixed carbon gooseneck s

NBwcs

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2024, 10:56:56 pm »

Just bought a pair, impressed so far, hope they last, not cheap. Bit clumsy till you get used to them but grateful i had them today, it was very cold, wore an inner pair as a lining and hands stayed dry and warm,

NBwcs

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2024, 11:00:18 pm »

They’re the ones I’ve been using for years.

I tried the Sky techs out of interest due to recommendations on the other thread.

I used to end up wearing a pair of nitrile gloves under the skytec to keep dry. None of these cheap gloves last long before they wear through around the base of the thumb.

zesty

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2024, 08:23:55 am »
More likely sweaty hands

Lower windows? Never.

Ok not had that happen might get the odd drip but nothing to worry about getting wet hands like that,  on our longer poles we use the 45 degrees fixed carbon gooseneck s

I use the same gooseneck. Often the water drips down the pole when working at big heights. Just how it is.

Orange screwfix gloves keep you dry 👍🏼

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2024, 09:14:13 am »
I never need anything more than nitrile gloves....

I used to wear showa 377s when i was a cold water cleaner but had to wear the nitriles underneath to stop my hands stinking!
price higher/work harder!

johnny bravo

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2024, 02:16:44 pm »
they wear away between the Thumb & Forefinger a lot quicker now .    Still comfy

Splash & dash

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2024, 04:11:09 pm »
More likely sweaty hands

Lower windows? Never.

I use the same gooseneck. Often the water drips down the pole when working at big heights. Just how it is.

Orange screwfix gloves keep you dry 👍🏼

We do a lot of 45-80 feet high and only  get an occasional drip   Are you sure it’s not a leak in the top of the pole hose to jets and running down the pole that’s the only time we have had issues like that .