DJW

MK1 Xtreme?
« on: January 11, 2024, 08:47:27 pm »
I have one but rarely use it. I gather spare sections are unavailable. I wonder though if it could be bodged with any other sections like SLX maybe if I were to break it.?

AuRavelling79

Re: MK1 Xtreme?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 09:18:27 pm »
I have one but rarely use it. I gather spare sections are unavailable. I wonder though if it could be bodged with any other sections like SLX maybe if I were to break it.?

Ask Gardiners if anything will fit.
It's a game of three halves!

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 11:14:08 pm »
I would clean it and put it on display - I reckon it will be worth a fortune in a year or so ! ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 11:23:12 pm »
Is that the one with the 3 raised clamping areas per section? If so they were excellent for extending/collapsing as there was less friction.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2024, 06:24:19 am »
Is that the one with the 3 raised clamping areas per section? If so they were excellent for extending/collapsing as there was less friction.

My Xtreme 47 is a version with 3 raised sections (4 on the biggest section).

When my everyday extreme gets worn I put the top three sections into the 47.

DJW

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2024, 09:00:45 am »
It’s the one before the metal bands came out but with the raised clamping points.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2024, 09:14:47 am »

Have you not got any spare SLX sections lying about that you could try?

I also have the extreme 47 which is the same as yours.all still original sections and over 10 years old now.it even has the original clamps.i only use it for around 10 jobs per month so it'll last me at least another 10 years yet!

My pole graveyard is made up of old extreme 4 and 5 sections and a few SLX poles.i need a clear out!

I only ever use xtreme poles for all my work.anything heavier is just added strain that's not needed during my working day.

All xtreme and SLX pole sections are interchangeable in my experience as I have occasionally replaced an xtreme section with an slx section in an emergency
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2024, 09:34:02 am »

I also have the extreme 47 which is the same as yours.all still original sections and over 10 years old now.it even has the original clamps.i only use it for around 10 jobs per month so it'll last me at least another 10 years yet!

My pole graveyard is made up of old extreme 4 and 5 sections and a few SLX poles.i need a clear out!

I only ever use xtreme poles for all my work.anything heavier is just added strain that's not needed during my working day.

All xtreme and SLX pole sections are interchangeable in my experience as I have occasionally replaced an xtreme section with an slx section in an emergency
But you use a 25’ pole all day🤔.  If I needed a 25’ pole all day I would be refining my work some more

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2024, 09:59:51 am »
I use an Xtreme '20' all day as my everyday pole.

Ggh

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2024, 12:22:10 pm »

Do you have to get on tippy toes? Is most of your work urban rather than rural? No velux? What about dormers coming out of roofs?
I use a 7 section clx, if you’re careful, you can actually clean around corners.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2024, 01:46:54 pm »

But you use a 25’ pole all day🤔.  If I needed a 25’ pole all day I would be refining my work some more

My work is varied,large stand alone houses,offices,3,4,5 bed semis with large conservatories,extensions,etc plus more and more customers are having skylights and outdoor glass roof s built.nothing but a 25ft pole is sufficient as my main pole.i don't want to be fannying around going back to the van all the time.😄

windowswashed

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2024, 05:16:36 pm »
I still got one usable SLX Mk1 with the criss cross weave pattern and the keyhole clamps below the clamps.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2024, 05:23:57 pm »

Do you have to get on tippy toes? Is most of your work urban rather than rural? No velux? What about dormers coming out of roofs?
I use a 7 section clx, if you’re careful, you can actually clean around corners.

It's a mix. I also carry an extreme 25 which I will choose if there is a fair bit of third floor stuff or I'll use the 20 for most of the property and pull out the 47 (now down to about 43' with breakages  ;D) for anything the 25 wouldn't reach.

tlwcs

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2024, 05:36:54 pm »

My work is varied,large stand alone houses,offices,3,4,5 bed semis with large conservatories,extensions,etc plus more and more customers are having skylights and outdoor glass roof s built.nothing but a 25ft pole is sufficient as my main pole.i don't want to be fannying around going back to the van all the time.😄

Why would you go back and forth?
If the job needs 25’ pole the whole house is done with that pole. If it’s a modern “box type” house  and you only need a 18’ then use that.
You’d be surprised at how many houses can be done with a smaller pole standing at a different place or angle.
I carry an 18 slx a 22 extreme and a 35 slx.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2024, 05:47:24 pm »
95% of the time I use my 25 footer
5% 47 ft xtreme

The xtreme 25 is light as a feather and very easy to use all day every day.

This is the most effective and efficient way for me to work 😎

tlwcs

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2024, 11:59:25 am »
5% 47 ft xtreme

I would suggest you don’t need the 25’ for 95% of your work.
I remember when you didn’t need hot water or an electric reel 😉
Tony

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2024, 12:51:11 pm »
5% 47 ft xtreme

I would suggest you don’t need the 25’ for 95% of your work.
I remember when you didn’t need hot water or an electric reel 😉
Tony

That's why I use an Xtreme '20' for 90% of mine.

My own special pole from Gardiners. 4 sections like an 18 but way lighter than a 22 or 25 with 5 sections.