Stupid I know
I’ve had so many problems this month
That last time changing password I stupidly didn’t write down
It insists on password changes

Any advice greatly recieved

If if I wipe to a factory reset doesn’t matter as
Backed up George files

Thanks

Is it a number code or a password linked to an email?

To perform a factory reset you’ll likely need the password anyway.

If it’s a number code to open the tablet itself then your snookered.

If it’s a password that’s linked to an email then you’ll be able to reset it through your email account.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Help tablet locked out
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 10:05:30 pm »
You may be able to log in as a guest.

As George is stored on C drive rather than the user directory you should still be able to access and use.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

deeege

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2024, 10:37:00 pm »
Couldn’t be arsed with all the aggro you lot have with George to save yourselves £20 a month. Get a proper program like CP or Squeegee that’s properly back up in the cloud and save the mither.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2024, 12:36:55 pm »
Couldn’t be arsed with all the aggro you lot have with George to save yourselves £20 a month. Get a proper program like CP or Squeegee that’s properly back up in the cloud and save the mither.

Probably right if you're not tech savvy.  It's really easy to  automatically back George to cloud.  Many of us don't want to rely on third party companies holding our data.  If they go down with a glitch or disappear, you can't access your records .

£50 for 18 years of George is a bargain saving me £5.5k of fees in return for very little effort or risk.

Each to their own though, risks are there whatever you decide depending on your level of expertise.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

lee_dewing

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2024, 07:21:33 pm »
Thanks Johnny and Jester 👍🏻

Luckily in the end I remembered the password 🫨😆

Is there  any way to turn off password’s altogether ?

£20 a month 🫨
Sure it was half that a few years ago

Their like the drug dealers
1st go’s free 😳
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

lee_dewing

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2024, 07:21:51 pm »

£20 a month 🫨

1st go’s free 😳

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2024, 07:26:34 pm »
Not really Lee - you use what suits you best and how you value your time

Cp saves us hundreds in time and organisation so the monthly fee is well worth it

I tried George when I first started 14 years ago and hated back then 😜
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2024, 07:32:53 pm »

£20 a month 🫨

1st go’s free 😳

I would still recommend using passwords if you are taking it out and about incase it gets stolen. 

But hey ho, it's still possible to gain access to the C Drive through safe mode if a user has the right tools and knowhow.

At the desktop, press the Windows key and type "sign." Select Sign-in options from the menu. Under the Password section, click Change and follow the instructions to add a password. To remove a password, enter the current password and leave all other fields blank.

You could also change the password to a pin code instead if easier.

Maybe also worth setting up a second guest account on the device.

Few ideas for ya.

Ched

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2024, 08:31:04 pm »

£20 a month 🫨

1st go’s free 😳
Just be aware that the customer data is subject to Data Protection laws. If someone gained access to the data that wasn't allowed access you could be prosecuted! i.e. without password protection you wouldn't be complying with Data Protection Laws.
That said the likelihood of anything iffy coming about because you didn't password protect your tablet is a bit remote.
It might be advisable to have George installed on another machine and kept upto date just in case the tablet gets corrupted. 

lee_dewing

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2024, 08:31:31 pm »
Thanks Jester for all the info
Much appreciated

lee_dewing

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2024, 08:39:14 pm »
Hello Smudger
I can understand from your point cp is worth it
Employing people.

As a one man band I print off job sheets
Leave tablet indoors and update when home

Out of interest Smudger if you were a one man band which once upon a time I’m sure you were 🤔

Would you have used cleaner planer?

Understand it can organise the best way to do your work ie round order ?

Den68

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2024, 08:58:08 pm »
I back up to usb drive I also send an email to myself  twice a week as a second back-up have laptop and a tablet as back up, so each device is up to date.

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2024, 09:37:15 pm »
Yes I would - I used the original cp off a disk then the other half found rob - both of them were joined by others to develope cp

I much prefer smooth operating software to cheap clunky stuff
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

deeege

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2024, 09:52:26 am »
As a single operator / sole trader using Squeegee has been the single best decision I’ve made for my ‘business’.  I used George for years and didn’t really get on with CP. £20 a month is an absolute snip for the time  it’s saved me and the extra income I’ve been able to earn because of it.

Actually makes me laugh every time I see a ‘how do do xxx with George’ post on this forum years after it became unsupported.  ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Shrek

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2024, 10:26:28 am »
I just use excel on a usb stick , my books are full and I wouldn’t be able to earn any extra income from using CP because my days are already full . TBH I do actually really enjoy using excel - formulas etc

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2024, 11:12:09 am »
I just use excel on a usb stick , my books are full and I wouldn’t be able to earn any extra income from using CP because my days are already full . TBH I do actually really enjoy using excel - formulas etc

That's cool.  I'm so tempted as I bit of fun as it's a hobby of mine to tamper around with a new Spreadsheet and merge it with Access to develop a new piece of software.

deeege

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2024, 11:53:56 am »

Are your books really full though? If you get an enquiry for a new job you don’t even consider it?

I’m also what you would call ‘full’, but I’m always open to pricing new jobs at higher rates that what I currently have. My preferred work is offices at the £150-£300 per clean mark and I’ll always take on this work at the expense of lower earning residential work even though I’m ‘full’.

Shrek

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2024, 11:54:41 am »

That's cool.  I'm so tempted as I bit of fun as it's a hobby of mine to tamper around with a new Spreadsheet and merge it with Access to develop a new piece of software.

Many moons ago I used to work in an office , working with spreadsheets on a daily basis so it’s just so easy for me , I do sometimes miss the days sat in a nice dry office , especially when it’s peeing it down all day 😁

Shrek

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2024, 12:02:52 pm »

Are your books really full though? If you get an enquiry for a new job you don’t even consider it?

I’m also what you would call ‘full’, but I’m always open to pricing new jobs at higher rates that what I currently have. My preferred work is offices at the £150-£300 per clean mark and I’ll always take on this work at the expense of lower earning residential work even though I’m ‘full’.

Pretty much yeah , I was supposed to be back at work on the 8th but iv too many jobs that I delayed in December (gutters etc) , so decided to go back on Tuesday this week instead. That’s with having around 3 weeks of per year leave. I do take work on but it’s only at a higher price than what iv already got and dump the lower priced ones , so it’s one new job in , one old job out. Good position to be in really but it’s been hard graft getting here. I’m now mortgage free and debt free too @ age 39 so it’s time to start heavily investing for retirement in hopefully 22 years