simon w

New Year Resolutions
« on: December 29, 2023, 11:49:35 am »
Any from a business perspective??

Developments? investments? cost cutting? improve profit?

:)

Stoots

Re: New Year Resolutions
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2023, 11:54:49 am »
Employ someone part time and work just 2 days a week cleaning windows.

Then look into doing something else. Not sure what but something non physical.

I may change my mind in a few weeks  ;D

Scrimble

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2023, 12:25:05 pm »
to exceed 6000 customers and 1.1 million turnover per year on cleaner planner rounds page by end of 2024, also to own 10 buy to let properties by end of 2024

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2023, 01:12:40 pm »
Quote from: Scrimble link=topic=223970.msg2148https://www.antiwordle.com/128#msg2148128 date=1703852705
to exceed 6000 customers and 1.1 million turnover per year on cleaner planner rounds page by end of 2024, also to own 10 buy to let properties by end of 2024

What’s your starting point scrimble
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2023, 01:24:40 pm »

Same every year for you Adam!😄👍

I don't make new years resolutions(business or otherwise)
price higher/work harder!

simon w

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2023, 02:56:07 pm »

Don't you think long term plans and goals are helpful Daz?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2023, 03:22:43 pm »
You must be doing well 👏 👏 👏. I have two rentals at the moment but to be honest I would sell them at the earliest opportunity. The SNP has totally killed it for landlords in Scotland, firstly using COVID and now the cost of living crisis as the excuse to bring in draconian measures.

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2023, 03:42:01 pm »
You must be doing well 👏 👏 👏. I have two rentals at the moment but to be honest I would sell them at the earliest opportunity. The SNP has totally killed it for landlords in Scotland, firstly using COVID and now the cost of living crisis as the excuse to bring in draconian measures.

Why what have they brought  in ?

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2023, 04:19:37 pm »

Don't you think long term plans and goals are helpful Daz?

Of course but not a new years resolution.they just don't work usually.if your gonna do something do it no matter what time of year.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2023, 05:19:58 pm »

Rent increase freeze, ban on evictions. Both of these can be overcome but there is now a lengthy process to go through, particularly evictions. Even wanting to sell your property isn’t a good enough reason to evict. You have to go to a first tier tribunal ( kangaroo court ) which in itself is a lengthy process then more often than not they will find in the tenants favour. Then there is the taxation system in Scotland which means you are more likely to be paying 41% tax on any profit as the threshold is lower.

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2023, 05:28:36 pm »

Rent increase freeze, ban on evictions. Both of these can be overcome but there is now a lengthy process to go through, particularly evictions. Even wanting to sell your property isn’t a good enough reason to evict. You have to go to a first tier tribunal ( kangaroo court ) which in itself is a lengthy process then more often than not they will find in the tenants favour. Then there is the taxation system in Scotland which means you are more likely to be paying 41% tax on any profit as the threshold is lower.

Ok that’s interesting, surely once the tenancy term has expired you don’t have to renew it though ? We just have to give 3 months notice at this time , I understand any other changes have been cancelled in England that we’re supposed to have been coming in so the agency I let mine out through have said , it’s getting more complex letting property but I still feel it’s the best investment at this time , I used to sort it all my but now use a letting agent makes life so much easier and at a cost of 10% not to bad as they sort everything out .

KS Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2023, 05:45:24 pm »

Ok that’s interesting, surely once the tenancy term has expired you don’t have to renew it though ? We just have to give 3 months notice at this time , I understand any other changes have been cancelled in England that we’re supposed to have been coming in so the agency I let mine out through have said , it’s getting more complex letting property but I still feel it’s the best investment at this time , I used to sort it all my but now use a letting agent makes life so much easier and at a cost of 10% not to bad as they sort everything out .
It’s a Private Residential Tenancy in Scotland and not the Short Term Assured Tenancy it used to be. This means that you don’t sign 6 or 12 month agreements , it’s a roll on agreement.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2023, 05:50:28 pm »

What about your spraying business you started mate hows that going?

Scrimble

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2023, 05:53:17 pm »
Quote from: Scrimble link=topic=223970.msg2148https://www.antiwordle.com/128#msg2148128 date=1703852705

What’s your starting point scrimble

I am at 4600 customers with 800k turnover and I have a couple of btl's,

I don't live in Scotland and I would not ever invest there so any of that doesn't effect me, my btl's are doing quite well and I want more of them

simon w

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2023, 06:09:47 pm »

This is a new year venture for myself also (commercial not residential) hope it's not a ball ache  ;D plan is after agents fees and tax put the rest of the income into a pension pot for years to come, then sell property for more than I bought it for when the time is right.

Smudger

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2023, 06:29:31 pm »
That’s great - good target to go for without being unrealistic

I don’t do new years resi’s either - when I wanted to stop smoking I did not because it was jan 1

Planning out next year - looking at an increase in roof cleans and going after some contracts - we were down 3% on turnover this year looking to increase by 15% in 24
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

deeege

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2023, 06:44:34 pm »

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2023, 01:21:59 pm »

What about your spraying business you started mate hows that going?

I never did anything with it. Too busy with windows and its really weather dependant cant spray anything if even it looks like it might rain. I have loads of ideas but only one of me, cant do everything and as we know once you bring someone else in to make your life easier  ::)roll... everything goes to poo.

robbo333

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2023, 04:02:54 pm »
I haven't really made any resolutions, but I know what I would like to work towards this year:
I'm coming up 60, so I would like to make life easier; ideally 4 days a week.
I want to get out leafletting (yes really) and swap those big detached houses for loads of small 2 bed bungalows, small houses or flats.
I've also been focusing on another income stream that uses your brain, rather than physical effort, and I would like to focus a bit more on that.
Personally, I've not had the best of years this year, so I see the New Year as a fresh 'starting point';
an opportunity to focus on the future, rather than reflect upon the past.
Happy New Year to you all.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

simon w

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2023, 04:51:00 pm »
I haven't really made any resolutions, but I know what I would like to work towards this year:
I'm coming up 60, so I would like to make life easier; ideally 4 days a week.
I want to get out leafletting (yes really) and swap those big detached houses for loads of small 2 bed bungalows, small houses or flats.
I've also been focusing on another income stream that uses your brain, rather than physical effort, and I would like to focus a bit more on that.
Personally, I've not had the best of years this year, so I see the New Year as a fresh 'starting point';
an opportunity to focus on the future, rather than reflect upon the past.
Happy New Year to you all.

Wishing you well with this Robbo  8)