East coast window cleaning Services

Mass water production question
« on: December 18, 2023, 05:21:47 pm »
Currently running pure water system 2 x 20 inch pre filters (pre filter/carbon filter) 4040 Ro which I recently changed a month ago. Then finishing off with 25l vessel. Now here’s the problem Im running system at 70 psi with booster pump 400 tds  into pre filters 18 tds into vessel and obviously 000 out. I’ve noticed today it’s creeped upto 002 resin was only changed 4/5 weeks ago I’ve prop produced around 15000 of pure water in that time. I was using Tulson resin that’s seems to be not great changed to ionics and don’t seem to be any better. I regularly flush the 4040. Anyone’s input would be welcome.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year

Ricky
P&R Window Cleaning

Smudger

Re: Mass water production question
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2023, 09:48:28 pm »
I found the same - I make on average 3000 litres of pure a day when using resin it barely stayed at 000 for a week.
Shake rattle and roll the vessel to get 000 but I found this tiresome and back to 005 after a few days

I now don’t use resin as I can get 006 straight from RO

I think speed/volume creates channels in the resin allowing the tds to rise

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Matt.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 01:04:15 pm »
Just a little follow on question guys …… these 4040 sets up u use, we’re are u buying the pre filters and membranes from …..

Just looked on gap water and they about £450 for low pressure ones is this about right

Am setting up an ibc to an external tap on a site I do bits on, there is no electricity supply so will low pressure membrane and set a 12v 30lpm transfer pump up in the back on me van

Thanks
Matt

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 01:20:54 pm »
I get my filters from eBay (finest filters I think)

the RO from VY Air - this has been the best ive had in the last 6 years - about £175

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2024, 01:28:08 pm »
Give Doug at daqua a call some of the firms mentioned above don’t have a clue about filtration and sell cheap Chinese stuff claiming it’s a quality product when it’s not .

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2024, 02:08:21 pm »
which firm is that splash ?

Ched

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2024, 02:49:33 pm »

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2024, 03:05:46 pm »
Give Doug at daqua a call some of the firms mentioned above don’t have a clue about filtration and sell cheap Chinese stuff claiming it’s a quality product when it’s not .

sorry - this was the bit I was interested in...

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2024, 03:51:15 pm »

sorry - this was the bit I was interested in...

Ime not going to mention there names but years ago they gave me very poor advice and I knew it was wrong what they were saying as I have a lot of experience in filtration and water purification from having large koi ponds , they also sell cheap knock off membrane s wether knowingly or not ime not sure but a firm claiming to know about this subject should know genuine from fake , a fiend of mine used to buy stuff from them so I have seen the stuff they supplied first hand the membranes lasted 12-18 months genuine ones down here last 7-9 years , from many years of dealing with Doug at daqua he knows his stuff , offers very good advice and only sells genuine filtration stuff no cheap and nasty Chinese knockoffs yes his stuff is a bit dearer but still works out much better value long term .

KS Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2024, 05:26:28 pm »
Yep, Doug’s your man. His unit used to be about 5 miles from me, he has since moved to Perth which is about 30 miles.