Smudger

Re: what happened to Nigel ?
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2024, 12:12:30 am »
My full condolences to the family

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

windowswashed

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2024, 06:03:39 pm »
Really couldn't believe he has moved to a better place in heaven. Such a tragic shame to learn he suffered with the big C. God rest his soul and condolences to all his family and friends who knew him well.

zesty

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2024, 06:28:24 pm »
Be worth waiting for confirmation, if it’s true, then it’s extremely sad.

I don’t think Nigel hooper, is the clean it up Nigel.

We will have to wait for more details.

I thought there were a few guys on here that knew him personally.

simon w

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2024, 06:36:35 pm »
Just to let let you ‘friendly lot!’ Know , Nigel passed away . Think carefully before  you get carried away with your opinions & be kind , some people are genuine (even if not what you want to hear or believe !)

His wife

What exactly happened if it's OK to ask??

Theres an announcement in the local Bexhill paper about a "Nigel Hooper", which im presuming is our Nigel, it makes reference to donations to Bowel cancer, he passed away on Christmas eve.  Condolences to his family.

https://announcements.bexhillobserver.net/

What makes you think this is Nigel?

NBwcs

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2024, 06:51:49 pm »
I remember him saying once he lived in or near Bexhill, it stuck in my mind because i know someone down that way. Obviously the name and initial of surname are the same and  also the timing. Not conclusive i grant you but a hell of a coincidence if not.

zesty

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2024, 07:05:18 pm »
I remember him saying once he lived in or near Bexhill, it stuck in my mind because i know someone down that way. Obviously the name and initial of surname are the same and  also the timing. Not conclusive i grant you but a hell of a coincidence if not.

Good points.

Be good to get confirmation. I always assumed he was quite young. 40’s maybe.

So tragic if true. He posted in August last year, so it was very quick if so.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2024, 07:28:40 pm »

His wife posted he had passed away, I’m not sure how much more confirmation you are looking for?

zesty

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2024, 07:31:02 pm »

His wife posted he had passed away, I’m not sure how much more confirmation you are looking for?

Just in case it’s a hacked post. I’m always cautious online .

NBwcs

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2024, 08:07:18 pm »

Good points.

Be good to get confirmation. I always assumed he was quite young. 40’s maybe.

So tragic if true. He posted in August last year, so it was very quick if so.

The link to Nigel Hoopers  donation page  which takes you to the undertaker where you can access his details  says he was 51years old  and there's a picture of him too.

simon w

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2024, 08:11:38 pm »

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=63718.0

NWH

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2024, 08:39:18 pm »
Yes you have the correct nigel in your link.
Mrs hooper

simon w

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2024, 08:44:16 pm »
Yes you have the correct nigel in your link.
Mrs hooper

Thank you for coming on and informing us of the sad news, my condolences to you and your family, would you like this thread locked now Mrs Hooper?

NWH

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2024, 08:51:54 pm »
Thankyou , and Thankyou for asking but you don’t need to lock thread .

zesty

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2024, 08:08:41 am »
Very sorry Mrs hooper.

I hope you have the support you need.

simon w

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2024, 09:59:02 am »
@ Mrs Hooper, if you need to use CIU as a resource for selling work or equipment, feel free to pick our brains regarding advertising selling etc, that's if you need to of course, I'm sure there will be plenty on here happy to help.

NWH

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2024, 02:35:49 pm »
Thankyou, yes unfortunately I do need to sell Nigel’s van. 2008 silver Vw transporter T5130, approx 172490  mileage  & mot was done couple months ago, as was new discs and pads all round. 2 man Grippa hydro 9kw heat hot water system. 2 x 100m electric reels .500L delivery unit. Also to go with van is the 1000L storage tank in garage , 15m transfer hose for filling vehicle 25L tub of resin , 2 spare new carbon filters , 2 spare new sediment filters .
The work has gone and other equipment I don’t want to deal with until the van is sold.
Is this posted in the right place ?, I know how much nigel has paid just in the last couple of years on the van & new  added extra reel etc , so would be looking for about 10,000 , no vat .
I really only want enquiries if someone is truly interested as you can imagine , I’m sad to see Nigel’s van go  but unfortunately it’s something I have to do.

dd

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2024, 03:09:51 pm »
There is a section specifically for used equipment. Go to "Home" and there is a section for selling equipment (including vans) under Marketplace. Ebay could be another option. Pictures of the van and system would be a big help.

No Idea what value would be, but a good place to start is get a value for the van on its own and to add a bit depending on the system inside it.

Once again I am very sorry that Nigel is no longer with us.

NWH

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2024, 03:17:11 pm »
I’ll leave message where it is for now with you all that used to chat with him  if that’s ok?
I’m not interested in selling on eBay , thankyou for your kind reply though.
Mrs hooper

simon w

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2024, 05:14:33 pm »
I’ll leave message where it is for now with you all that used to chat with him  if that’s ok?
I’m not interested in selling on eBay , thankyou for your kind reply though.
Mrs hooper

I know it's a pain but you may need to advertise elsewhere to get it all sold, this forum isn't as busy as it used to be and you may have to wait a while on the for sale section, I'd put a detailed advert on the for sale section, then copy and paste it onto Facebook marketplace, eBay etc.

Slacky

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2024, 05:40:08 pm »
Mrs NWH, it's shocking news about Nigel. Please accept my condolences.

Regards selling the gear Nigel used this forum isnt the best of places. People come here to argue, joke, chew the fat and moan, but not generally to sell either work or equipment.

There is a group on Facebook called 'Window Cleaning Rounds For Sale'. You'll get lots more interest on that group than here. Even if you're not actually selling work, you can still sell equipment on it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1495345394023448

Good luck.