Missing Link

Re: Do you have any health issues that effect your work?
« Reply #100 on: February 29, 2024, 06:28:11 pm »
But if you've created  a body-builder physique  you've created a physique that when it fails ultimately is going to look gross?

Steroids have kinda changed what it means to have a 'body builder physique'.  For most people who don't take them, it just means you're more muscular than before.

You don't look like a 'proper steroid using bodybuilder'.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Missing Link

« Reply #101 on: February 29, 2024, 06:30:56 pm »
Sarcophenia happens to us all as we age but weight training delays it significantly so hopefully we stay fitter and stronger for longer with stronger bones too....

I've heard that a bloke in his 70s, who lifts weights, can be just as strong as a bloke in his 30s who doesn't lift weights.

No-one wants to be as strong as a 30 year old, they're usually pretty weak, but when you're 70 that's not bad and you'll still be to do stuff like go hiking or give the missis a good rattling.

Missing Link

« Reply #102 on: February 29, 2024, 06:40:03 pm »
Why d’you want to add increase your weight, as you say typically in the autumn and winter, are you trying to mimic the lifestyle of grizzly bears? They’re muscular aren’t they, is that why?

If you want to put on muscle - and you're not a n00b to weight lifting - then you have to eat in a calorific surplus.  You'll build muscle but also gain some fat.

Then people try to lose the fat, keeping as much muscle retention as possible.

It's just the way it is.

Slacky

« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2024, 07:30:32 am »
But if you've created  a body-builder physique  you've created a physique that when it fails ultimately is going to look gross?

Why will it?I'll never give up weight training.ill be lifting weights until the day I die....

Once the ol’ sphincter starts to show it’s age you may have to re-think you’re retirement past-times. 😀

I hear bingo is popular these days

Missing Link

« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2024, 11:56:30 am »
Once the ol’ sphincter starts to show it’s age you may have to re-think you’re retirement past-times. 😀

I hear bingo is popular these days

Do you mean that straining to lift weights can make you poo your pants when you get to a certain age?

I recently deadlifted up two 40 kg weights, so 80kg total weight; not particularly heavy, but farted loudly as I lifted the weight.

There were four school kids there who laughed at me when it happened.  ;D

Is the next stage  one step beyond farting and am I on the decline?

DJW

« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2024, 02:17:35 pm »
Tight pants to catch your haemorrhoids.

Daz has trouble lifting anything heavier than an Xtreme pole above his head and can’t manage a manual reel so I doubt he’ll take over from Arnie.

dazmond

« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2024, 04:45:46 pm »
Tight pants to catch your haemorrhoids.

Daz has trouble lifting anything heavier than an Xtreme pole above his head and can’t manage a manual reel so I doubt he’ll take over from Arnie.

I'm happy with 17in arms and 50in chest!💪💪👍😄
price higher/work harder!

DJW

« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2024, 05:15:33 pm »
………so was Pavarotti.

actually, I think my arms are longer than that!

Stoots

« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2024, 05:38:26 pm »
My health issue is I can't be arsed doing this boring relentless job most of the time

dazmond

« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2024, 06:12:30 pm »
My health issue is I can't be arsed doing this boring relentless job most of the time

Orderly,scheduled, straight forward work in the fresh air while listening to an audiobook,music,podcast,etc of my own choosing is bliss!

I love window cleaning and will carry on until I physically can't do the job anymore!💪👍

Smudger

« Reply #110 on: March 01, 2024, 10:54:48 pm »
my gut is 80 inches - does that count ?
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2024, 07:55:23 am »

Impressive set of abs  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2024, 10:05:43 am »
 🤣🤣

Not so much a six pack more like  A keg 🤭
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2024, 12:40:06 pm »

If that's true then it's very sad 😔

Excess adipose tissue and abdominal visceral fat around the organs is the number 1 reason some people get type 2 diabetes....

Your more likely to have a stroke and heart attack too..... :(

DJW

« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2024, 01:46:20 pm »
Six and a half feet round the middle? Puppy fat.

Splash & dash

« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2024, 06:30:10 pm »

If that's true then it's very sad 😔

Excess adipose tissue and abdominal visceral fat around the organs is the number 1 reason some people get type 2 diabetes....

Your more likely to have a stroke and heart attack too..... :(

Think you have missed your vocation in life you should be a doctor 😂😂😂

Stoots

« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2024, 07:38:04 pm »

Orderly,scheduled, straight forward work in the fresh air while listening to an audiobook,music,podcast,etc of my own choosing is bliss!

I love window cleaning and will carry on until I physically can't do the job anymore!💪👍

Nah theres too much time to think and too much else i would rather be doing. It sounds bliss when you put it like that but in reality when im scrubbing windows in the sun im thinking i could be fishing, biking, walking, on a beach etc anywhere but scrubbing someones windows dripping in sweat. But if you genuinely find enjoyment in it im very jealous must be brilliant to find something you really like doing.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2024, 08:44:49 pm »
I have Elephantiasis of the genitalia, I'm known locally as 'the snipers nightmare', as  I sway heavily from side to side when I walk!🥴
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2024, 08:46:46 pm »

Nah theres too much time to think and too much else i would rather be doing. It sounds bliss when you put it like that but in reality when im scrubbing windows in the sun im thinking i could be fishing, biking, walking, on a beach etc anywhere but scrubbing someones windows dripping in sweat. But if you genuinely find enjoyment in it im very jealous must be brilliant to find something you really like doing.

Plenty of time for fishing,biking and walking if you work 4 days a week.im 52 and have plenty of time for my hobbies.i basically have half a week off every week (as it's more like 3 and half days actually cleaning).

Everyone has to work but most people have to work much longer hours in much more stressful jobs...

I personally think you wouldn't be happy in ANY job you do,it's your mindset,lifestyle and whole attitude that needs changing IMO....

zesty

« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2024, 09:10:40 pm »

Plenty of time for fishing,biking and walking if you work 4 days a week.im 52 and have plenty of time for my hobbies.i basically have half a week off every week (as it's more like 3 and half days actually cleaning).

Everyone has to work but most people have to work much longer hours in much more stressful jobs...

I personally think you wouldn't be happy in ANY job you do,it's your mindset,lifestyle and whole attitude that needs changing IMO....

I’m similar in my working hours, 4-5 days a week but I’m very very rarely home later than 12:30pm.

I do start at 7-7:30am, out of choice. I much prefer an early start and missing all the traffic.

Adam, it’s definitely a mindset, you have to quite literally decide to enjoy each day. It’s a decision of your will.

Miserable people will be miserable in any job.

You’ve got a good round now, so reduce the hours and just keep refining. Choose to enjoy each day, easier said than done, but I had to learn to do it, that’s for sure.