dazmond

Re: Do you have any health issues that effect your work?
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2024, 06:02:51 pm »
as a bodybuilder I don't believe in low carb diets,no pump in the gym and crap recovery.my muscles need glycogen!

How do you know your maintenance calories?

Because I track my calories.have done for years now and weigh myself once a week

3000-3200kcal per day every day and I stay the same weight so obviously I have to eat less than this to lose weight.
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2024, 06:06:54 pm »
I eat carbs, but low compared to most people, it’s defo not a chore for me.

I feel so much better on a lower carb diet and almost no sugar.

My mate is full carnivore, now on his second year, he’s never been leaner, fitter, stronger in his life and he’s tried all sorts of diets. His energy is through the roof. His concentration. His fitness level, everything is better. His muscle mass is bigger. Protein builds muscle. Once you’re fat adapted, you don’t need carbs or sugar. Your body makes glucose.

The same can be found in almost everyone who goes carnivore.

I couldn’t do it because I love my food too much, but I can absolutely see how it benefits people. The huge amount if incredible testimony’s is very telling.

Just look at Jordan Peterson and his family. Absolutely amazing transformation!

Carbs taste great, hence I eat them, but there ain’t no ‘essential’ carb. We simply don’t need them. We eat eat too much of the stuff in modern day western society.

Full carnivore is seriously bad for some people (as in seriously raised blood fat levels).

I'm like you...life is too short to omit whole food groups!💪😄

dazmond

« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2024, 06:16:11 pm »
Never been on a diet in my life. I eat food mostly,, been ok so far.

Bulking and cutting is all part of being a bodybuilder....

Bulking is where your in a slight calorie surplus most of the time and progressively adding weight to the bar in the gym as well as building muscle(typically autumn/winter time).

Cutting is where you eat slightly below your daily calorie needs,continuing to work out hard and slowly lose weight(typically over a 12 week period called a mini cut)while trying to keep as much muscle as possible...

I started my cut on Monday as I'm off to Ibiza in 12 weeks!😎👍💪

zesty

« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2024, 07:23:29 pm »
I eat carbs, but low compared to most people, it’s defo not a chore for me.

I feel so much better on a lower carb diet and almost no sugar.

My mate is full carnivore, now on his second year, he’s never been leaner, fitter, stronger in his life and he’s tried all sorts of diets. His energy is through the roof. His concentration. His fitness level, everything is better. His muscle mass is bigger. Protein builds muscle. Once you’re fat adapted, you don’t need carbs or sugar. Your body makes glucose.

The same can be found in almost everyone who goes carnivore.

I couldn’t do it because I love my food too much, but I can absolutely see how it benefits people. The huge amount if incredible testimony’s is very telling.

Just look at Jordan Peterson and his family. Absolutely amazing transformation!

Carbs taste great, hence I eat them, but there ain’t no ‘essential’ carb. We simply don’t need them. We eat eat too much of the stuff in modern day western society.

Full carnivore is seriously bad for some people (as in seriously raised blood fat levels).

I'm like you...life is too short to omit whole food groups!💪😄

High cholesterol isn’t bad. That’s been proven.

It’s sugar and triglycerides that are the cause of most heart attacks etc.

Fats good, sugar bad!

DJW

« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2024, 08:18:14 pm »

Bulking is where your in a slight calorie surplus most of the time and progressively adding weight to the bar in the gym as well as building muscle(typically autumn/winter time).

Cutting is where you eat slightly below your daily calorie needs,continuing to work out hard and slowly lose weight(typically over a 12 week period called a mini cut)while trying to keep as much muscle as possible...

Who’s going to look at you?

Slacky

« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2024, 08:51:09 pm »
Why d’you want to add increase your weight, as you say typically in the autumn and winter, are you trying to mimic the lifestyle of grizzly bears? They’re muscular aren’t they, is that why?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2024, 10:54:19 pm »

Who’s going to look at you?

They have mirrors in Ibiza.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2024, 11:01:05 pm »
Why d’you want to add increase your weight, as you say typically in the autumn and winter, are you trying to mimic the lifestyle of grizzly bears? They’re muscular aren’t they, is that why?

Of course Matt yes!!!👍🙂

Smudger

« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2024, 11:02:22 pm »

Of course Matt yes!!!👍🙂

Arnt bears famous for having small kn0bs  ???
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

DJW

« Reply #89 on: February 29, 2024, 06:59:14 am »
I dreamt there were clouds in my coffee.

dazmond

« Reply #90 on: February 29, 2024, 07:56:27 am »
If you ate a healthy breakfast, went to the gym and played the drums, none of that would have happened.

Shall we ask Daz what he terms a healthy breakfast.  ;D

Seriously, though, the trouble is that once we are diagnosed pre-diabetic or diabetic, we have to change our diet if we want to keep our blood sugars under control. I'm on a keto diet, which has worked for me till now. But I can understand how people feel when they can't eat carbs and all those sweet cakes and snacks we love so much.

I just take 2 tablets with my evening meal, Metformin and Sitagliptin. Occasionally, I will add a Berberine capsule in the morning. This has bought my HbA1c down from 96 to 53 in 3 months.

This whole lot is now on hold as I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer. But I'm keeping to the keto diet as much as possible.

Sometimes I think I'm badly off, but when compared to Darran's health, I'm not.

I'm also trying to lose weight. The older you get, the harder that becomes.

YouTube is full of doctors and consultants who have conflicting ideas on how to control diabetes, all quoting various studies to back up their findings.

For most people diagnosed with type 2 diabetes they can reverse it WITHOUT  medication by going on a strict very low calorie diet(800kcal per day)for a couple of weeks.

The visceral fat around the organs like the pancreas and liver are burned off first which kicks the pancreas back into life....

The problem is some people these days are lazy and feckless and just won't try it and instead look for medication and don't change their lifestyle,diet,etc....

Both my brothers wife and their son have type 1 which is a lot worse than type 2.insulin pumps fitted and they have to be really careful what they eat 24/7.....

dazmond

« Reply #91 on: February 29, 2024, 08:00:50 am »

Most of us gain a bit of weight during the cold winter months so why not put it to good use by building some muscle too?

Muscle is good....

Slacky

« Reply #92 on: February 29, 2024, 08:14:05 am »
I don’t.

I’ve always wondered what happens to that muscle when you become less able/inclined to live that lifestyle, especially as age starts to catch up with you. That’ll not stay muscle will it.

dazmond

« Reply #93 on: February 29, 2024, 08:23:42 am »
I don’t.

I’ve always wondered what happens to that muscle when you become less able/inclined to live that lifestyle, especially as age starts to catch up with you. That’ll not stay muscle will it.

If you don't use it you'll lose it....it'll just waste away and atrophy

Sarcophenia happens to us all as we age but weight training delays it significantly so hopefully we stay fitter and stronger for longer with stronger bones too....

Slacky

« Reply #94 on: February 29, 2024, 09:33:30 am »
But if you've created  a body-builder physique  you've created a physique that when it fails ultimately is going to look gross?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #95 on: February 29, 2024, 09:55:09 am »
But if you've created  a body-builder physique  you've created a physique that when it fails ultimately is going to look gross?

Possibly. But Arnie is 76 and seems to be doing ok even after a heart issue.

https://youtu.be/oabmHudMAcA?si=sPBlL5OK-wREk3kQ
It's a game of three halves!

Slacky

« Reply #96 on: February 29, 2024, 10:25:25 am »
I wonder how much time Arnie puts in to maintaining a physique like that.

I would imagine Arnie is an exception to the rule as well for more than one reason.

DJW

« Reply #97 on: February 29, 2024, 11:17:15 am »
He did have an appetite for steroids. I don’t think he achieved his physique eating beans in the bath.

zesty

« Reply #98 on: February 29, 2024, 12:54:39 pm »
He did have an appetite for steroids. I don’t think he achieved his physique eating beans in the bath.

The ‘beans in the bath’ comment is going to be one of the longstanding clean it up ‘one liners’ for many, many years.  ;D

I do tend to agree with Daz about mucscle mass, it does help later on in life, bones are stronger and muscle will decrease rapidly as we age, but it can be almost completely prevented by training.

Obviously there comes a time where training won’t be possible, but by then, you won’t care  ;D

Muscle can’t turn into fat, but it does disappear 🫠. Much like Dazs beans.

dazmond

« Reply #99 on: February 29, 2024, 06:25:01 pm »

Why will it?I'll never give up weight training.ill be lifting weights until the day I die....