DJW

Re: Do you have any health issues that effect your work?
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2024, 08:11:05 am »
It is a dull repetitive job that seems to suit dull repetitive people.

Lack of job satisfaction is a big factor and dreadful weather extremes. Easy money with little brain power required. Most jobs of similar expertise simply don’t come close to the earnings potential.

Stoots

« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2024, 11:34:48 am »
My health issue is I can't be arsed doing this boring relentless job most of the time

Orderly,scheduled, straight forward work in the fresh air while listening to an audiobook,music,podcast,etc of my own choosing is bliss!

I love window cleaning and will carry on until I physically can't do the job anymore!💪👍

Nah theres too much time to think and too much else i would rather be doing. It sounds bliss when you put it like that but in reality when im scrubbing windows in the sun im thinking i could be fishing, biking, walking, on a beach etc anywhere but scrubbing someones windows dripping in sweat. But if you genuinely find enjoyment in it im very jealous must be brilliant to find something you really like doing.

Plenty of time for fishing,biking and walking if you work 4 days a week.im 52 and have plenty of time for my hobbies.i basically have half a week off every week (as it's more like 3 and half days actually cleaning).

Everyone has to work but most people have to work much longer hours in much more stressful jobs...

I personally think you wouldn't be happy in ANY job you do,it's your mindset,lifestyle and whole attitude that needs changing IMO....

You don't have kids though right ?

My weekends are taken up with family Stuff.

Stoots

« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2024, 11:38:59 am »
So how do I change the mindset then ?

I've not figured it out yet I wish I could mate I don't enjoy feeling like this about work

Slacky

« Reply #123 on: March 03, 2024, 12:16:40 pm »

I've not figured it out yet I wish I could mate I don't enjoy feeling like this about work

Stoots, what happened about that custard in the food queue?

zesty

« Reply #124 on: March 03, 2024, 01:33:32 pm »

You literally make a free will decision. Don’t be lead by your feelings, choose to enjoy the day. It does take effort, but I had to do it. I was depressed in my early 20’s.

Stoots

« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2024, 01:39:44 pm »

Nothing, I noticed who she was then carried on with my day. Only saw her once and she only had 1 clean.

Slacky

« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2024, 03:19:37 pm »
So why did you start a new thread about it and about what happened next if there was nothing to comment on?

Stoots

« Reply #127 on: March 03, 2024, 03:38:05 pm »
So why did you start a new thread about it and about what happened next if there was nothing to comment on?

The question was what do you think happened next wasn it?

It was rhetorical really

Didn't realise there would be such interest

I should have made something up forgot it was ciu

Yeh I stuck her head in the rice then her husband raped me.

Hope that's sufficient for your interest

Slacky

« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2024, 04:00:48 pm »
That's better ;)

Bungle

« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2024, 08:30:24 pm »

Nothing, I noticed who she was then carried on with my day. Only saw her once and she only had 1 clean.

That was it!! FFS we've all been on tender hooks for weeks 🤬
We look at them, they look through them.

Smudger

« Reply #130 on: March 03, 2024, 09:16:26 pm »
well at least it gave the forum a bit of a buzzzz!

back to

wearing 5 Gortex jackets
and a new record week eating beans in the shower..
 ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Mattymarske

« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2024, 12:07:09 am »

That was it!! FFS we've all been on tender hooks for weeks 🤬

*Tenterhooks

Reminds me of my sister thinking they were "Masked" Pipe Bands rather than "Massed" Pipe Bands at Chatsworth Country Fair wondering why the bagpipers didn't wear masks! 🤦😅

Stoots

« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2024, 07:54:45 am »

You literally make a free will decision. Don’t be lead by your feelings, choose to enjoy the day. It does take effort, but I had to do it. I was depressed in my early 20’s.

Do you start at 7am on domestic?

I'm always up early and of the same mindset I'd rather get out early and get home early.

I'd start at 7 if I could but feel that 8 is bare minimum on domestic and often that feels way too early

zesty

« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2024, 01:52:59 pm »
Yeah between 7-7:30am, I know the customers who are up and ready, a couple of times a week I start with commercial so doesn’t matter.

Most of my customers are so well acquainted now that they know roughly what time I’ll be there (nit necessarily the day, but the time of day).

I also clean those who work in London, for example, first, as they are up out!

Missing Link

« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2024, 08:42:57 pm »

Lack of job satisfaction is a big factor and dreadful weather extremes. Easy money with little brain power required. Most jobs of similar expertise simply don’t come close to the earnings potential.

If you've an inquisitive mind, use the window cleaning to listen to podcasts/audio books on subjects which interest you.

Just downloaded the lovely Alice Robert's third book in her series about dead people. 

Can't wait to get out and to work to listen to it.

Joe Rogan's great.  BBC Sounds is very good for news and politics if you can ignore the bias.  Etc.

What a gift it is to be a window cleaner in the 21st Century.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Missing Link

« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2024, 08:46:50 pm »
Speaking of which, Dr Michael Mosely might help you to prevent/delay health issues that will affect your work.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001v3j8

Each podcast he presents one thing that will/may improve your health.

I've taken on a few tips, like the 'drinking 3 cups of green tea' per day; good for your brain, heart and waistline.  We do a lot of the other stuff (like eating berries every day) anyway.

Missing Link

« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2024, 08:49:31 pm »
and a new record week eating beans in the shower..
 ;D

40 days eating only beans (and runs an ultra marathon on them):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYsTlfhDSDY

He lost a fair bit of weight too.

dazmond

« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2024, 10:21:55 pm »

If you've an inquisitive mind, use the window cleaning to listen to podcasts/audio books on subjects which interest you.

Just downloaded the lovely Alice Robert's third book in her series about dead people. 

Can't wait to get out and to work to listen to it.

Joe Rogan's great.  BBC Sounds is very good for news and politics if you can ignore the bias.  Etc.

What a gift it is to be a window cleaner in the 21st Century.

I've been listening to the 'how much does Britain cost?' By Paul Johnson audiobook over the last few days....guy really knows his stuff..some of the history of various taxes,health,pensions and the babyboomers and the state of the countries finances to the present day,covid,brexit,etc,etc.....interesting stuff...
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2024, 06:25:34 am »
I actually use work for a lot of thinking time.

I listen to music, but only on commercial jobs where I’m there for a while with no distractions/people.

I guess I’m only at work 5 hours each day. So with that, I can run through what’s on my mind and think about future decisions etc.

I never get bored.

Missing Link

« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2024, 01:24:51 pm »
I actually use work for a lot of thinking time.

Thinking is dangerous; sometimes it even kills.

In AA meetings they have a table sign saying 'THINK THINK THINK" and occasionally if it's in front of the 'wrong person', I'll say "That's not for people like you!" and move it elsewhere. ;D