simon w

Re: Road fund licence....
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2024, 07:09:25 pm »
Council house tenancies are not a benefit neither are they means tested.
Anyone can go on the waiting list lots of my customers have sold houses and got council bungalows.

You can’t just apply to go on the council housing list , you have to meet certain criteria and even then it is a very long list and you could be waiting years to get anything .

I was on the list for around 8 years before I got a property....👍

Find out how much that flat would be to buy off council (if your eligible) rent it out when you live with mrs, if things don't work out you've still got a roof over your head, if you don't you could effectively spend the rest of your days paying someone else's mortgage just for the privilege of having a home

dazmond

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2024, 07:39:59 pm »
Anyone can go on the waiting list lots of my customers have sold houses and got council bungalows.

You can’t just apply to go on the council housing list , you have to meet certain criteria and even then it is a very long list and you could be waiting years to get anything .

Find out how much that flat would be to buy off council (if your eligible) rent it out when you live with mrs, if things don't work out you've still got a roof over your head, if you don't you could effectively spend the rest of your days paying someone else's mortgage just for the privilege of having a home

You can't buy housing association flats there not for sale.me and the missus will be just fine.we ve been together for 12 years now.👍
price higher/work harder!

deeege

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2024, 09:28:53 pm »

You can't buy housing association flats there not for sale.me and the missus will be just fine.we ve been together for 12 years now.👍

That’s not true, Google ‘right to acquire’

Mate of mine has just bought his association house, had full discount of 40%. He can’t sell it for 5 years so he’s renting it out and will sell it for a £100k - £120k profit in 5 years. It’s free money.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Splash & dash

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2024, 10:11:16 pm »

Mate of mine has just bought his association house, had full discount of 40%. He can’t sell it for 5 years so he’s renting it out and will sell it for a £100k - £120k profit in 5 years. It’s free money.

Actually he’s right the vast majority can’t buy them unless they were formally owned by the council , but most there days are built by the association from new theses can’t be sold to the tenants.

dazmond

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2024, 08:37:37 am »

Nope you can't buy(it's written in the tenancy agreement).

I wouldn't want to anyway.
price higher/work harder!