Spruce

Re: CITROEN DISPATCH
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 10:00:25 pm »
I have the old shape dispatch but have heard there being various problems/recall issues with the new shape. Also heard though that the new shape peugeot expert is OK and does not have the same type of problems.

Identical van, identical mechanics and electronics, made in the same factory on the same production line in France - only difference is grill and badges. Scudo identical van but with Fiat Multijet engine and Fiat grill and badges.
Someone on here a while back posted about problems they had with self-levelling suspension on the new dispatch and that they had to replace the suspension pump twice and was told by dealer it was not designed to cope with the movement of water in their 650l tank.

Not sure if all models have self-levelling suspension or if the expert does.

I believe the engine and gearbox are identical in the dispatch and expert. Is everything else the same though - particularly electrics?

Its an optional extra on the Dispatch and the Expert.

Everything else including electrics are the same - its made on the same production line. Citroen may specify a standard spec vehicle for the UK whilst Peugeot and Fiat may specify something slightly different. On the previous model Dispatch/Expert/Scudo for example front foglights were available as an optional extra on the Fiat but not on the Expert or Dispatch. The electrics were in the wiring loom and fuse box for these, but the fuses weren't fitted as weren't the relays and a blank cover was fitted on the dash instead of the on/off switch.
Fiats standard spec was a single passenger seat (dual was optional extra at a cost) whereas Citroen and Peugoet supplied a dual passenger seat as standard and a single passenger seat as a no cost option.

Ford did the same with the passenger seat of the Transit.

The early Transit Connect LWB had the identical wiring loom as the people carrier. Whilst they excluded a rear power point on the back in the vans, the wiring harness and fuse box catered for this. All we did is tapped into the loom at the back, fitted a 15amp fuse in the fuse box behind the cubby hole  and we had a power takeoff point for our WFP equipment.

Standardization is the name of the game to reduce costs.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

tompoole

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 05:59:08 pm »
thanks think ill get a transit or transit connect

mine will be up forsale soon
aug 2011 transit 280
21000 miles ,  warranty remaining until sept 2014
looking for £10k NO VAT

will be going back to a landrover ;D

roundbuilder

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 06:11:18 pm »
I have the plder peurgeot expert 2004 with 180k and still going strong however i am going to replace it in next few months as surely wont last much longer.