The Carpet Cleaning Pro

Tea and Coffee Stain Removal
« on: August 10, 2017, 11:52:25 am »
As you all know most of customers attempt DIY removal with vanish 1001 etc making it harder for us guys to remove the stain successfully.

WHAT are you guys using on Tea and Coffee stains removing them successfully?

MarkSutcliffe

Re: Tea and Coffee Stain Removal
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 11:53:57 am »
Alltec's works well.

Prochem coffee was very hit and miss but their multi pro seemed to work well.

The Carpet Cleaning Pro

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 11:59:51 am »
Anyone tried the Chemspec stain exit? Works well on wine....not sure about tea and coffee?

Robin Ray

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 03:39:18 pm »
I work on Tea, Coffee and Red wine stains in this order. I have found this the most successful way to date.

1 Fresh water rinse

2 Acid at 8:1 dwell then rinse

3 Craftex Shift dwell then rinse, repeat if necessary. (Use of heat may help ie: iron or steam cleaner)

Its important to know when to stop as you may end up highlighting the stain.

john martin

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 05:36:08 pm »
Type of carpet being one of the main factors ?   Something like a light grey velvet wool carpet with a big dark brown coffee stain ....best of luck with that   :)

from edge2edge

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 02:16:19 pm »
Got advised on here to mix pureclean at 4 scoops per litre(as opposed to 1 for cleaning) for tea/coffee/wine and it works on most stains without the bad smell..........rarely do i need to go sod met....................Alan

Robin Ray

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 06:55:00 pm »
Got advised on here to mix pureclean at 4 scoops per litre(as opposed to 1 for cleaning) for tea/coffee/wine and it works on most stains without the bad smell..........rarely do i need to go sod met....................Alan

Pureclene is an alkali cleaning solution, it can be used stronger as a spot and stain remover however this is still in the cleaning range. When a mark becomes a stain (part of the fiber rather than siting around the fiber) generally speaking working with an acid is most effective.
Sod Met stinks but it works really well, I have found adding some craftex super cherry concentrate really helps with the stink.

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 06:05:52 am »
I use Host coffee break, spray it on nice and hot sit back and watch the stain disappear before your and the customers eyes, rinse and move on to the next job - brilliant :) :)

Bernd

Re: Tea and Coffee Stain Removal New
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 06:15:18 pm »
I used the first time Bonnet Pro's Oxy Spotter on some coffee stains on a carpet and wine stains on upholstery...worked very good! Sprayed on...some dwell time...and blotted with some towells. While spraying you can see them disappear.