Will Adams

TM3 vs srm200
« on: May 17, 2017, 05:43:47 pm »
Hi guys. I have whittled my new agitation machine down to the following two machines. Am I correct in suggesting both will be suitable for powder cleaning, agitation, commercial and domestic work. I have been reading various posts and it seems to me that a lot of people seem to prefer rotary machines for commercial work. Am I right in saying that this is probably due to the face that it covers bigger areas more quickly than a TM3? Do both give similar results or would you suggest one was better than the other for the final result i.e lifting the pile etc.

Sergio

Re: TM3 vs srm200
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 08:48:59 pm »
I bought Rotowash R30B

mr muzzy

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 11:06:40 pm »
Go for the pro 35 mate

john martin

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 11:21:59 pm »
Hi guys. I have whittled my new agitation machine down to the following two machines. Am I correct in suggesting both will be suitable for powder cleaning, agitation, commercial and domestic work. I have been reading various posts and it seems to me that a lot of people seem to prefer rotary machines for commercial work. Am I right in saying that this is probably due to the face that it covers bigger areas more quickly than a TM3? Do both give similar results or would you suggest one was better than the other for the final result i.e lifting the pile etc.

I think no one  answered u much because its not just a one line answer   :)
You really should get both , each will be better suited to different situations and uses .

The tm3 , will be good for brushing in your prespray , pulling out loose fluff , raising the pile and all that on the sort of moderately soiled carpet u come accross on everyday jobs .   That is about its limit imo , but at least you unlikely to damage anything with it  ... and  yes u can dry powder clean also ... but i dont think youl be doing as much of that as u think .
The rotary would be better and quicker on heavy soil aggitation  for eg a black grease/dirt on a restaurant using a floor scrubb or poly brush depending on the carpet type ..   also fast for commercial carpet aggitation using a suitable pad . And u can bonnet clean with it .
My fav use for a rotary is on those domestic jobs with an older carpet that has bits of fluff etc clinging to it , and its tired and needs roughing up before extraction ,   then a stiff poly brush spinning under 35kg is the agitation king .   But you have to know what carpets its suitable for and what your likey to damage .
How bout get the tm3 and get a clean used rotary like a victor for  £200 or so ... they tend to last for ages , even used , or just get the used rotary and an assortment of soft /hard brushes and pads to cover all situations .

Sergio

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 04:37:31 pm »

I think no one  answered u much because its not just a one line answer   :)
You really should get both , each will be better suited to different situations and uses .

The tm3 , will be good for brushing in your prespray , pulling out loose fluff , raising the pile and all that on the sort of moderately soiled carpet u come accross on everyday jobs .   That is about its limit imo , but at least you unlikely to damage anything with it  ... and  yes u can dry powder clean also ... but i dont think youl be doing as much of that as u think .
The rotary would be better and quicker on heavy soil aggitation  for eg a black grease/dirt on a restaurant using a floor scrubb or poly brush depending on the carpet type ..   also fast for commercial carpet aggitation using a suitable pad . And u can bonnet clean with it .
My fav use for a rotary is on those domestic jobs with an older carpet that has bits of fluff etc clinging to it , and its tired and needs roughing up before extraction ,   then a stiff poly brush spinning under 35kg is the agitation king .   But you have to know what carpets its suitable for and what your likey to damage .
How bout get the tm3 and get a clean used rotary like a victor for  £200 or so ... they tend to last for ages , even used , or just get the used rotary and an assortment of soft /hard brushes and pads to cover all situations .
Hi john,
what do you think about wool oriental rugs, TM3 or rotary machine?

john martin

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 08:12:53 pm »
I just do cosmetic  rug cleans on site Sergio  ,  i have something like your roto wash which i might use occasionally ,  wouldnt really use the rotary , although the immersion rug cleaners use them i think .  Most of the oriental rugs i come accross seem not to very dirty or troublesome .