Daniels cleaning

New machine Jaguar Cub?
« on: May 05, 2017, 07:34:22 pm »
Hi everyone I am looking for a new machine and was very interested in the Jaguar cub mainly because of the size
I currently have a Alltec express machine which has 2 twin vacs
In your opinion does the Jaguar cub machine have enough vac power considering it only has one vac compared to my alltec express ?
Thanks any advice appreciated 👍

scott johns

Re: New machine Jaguar Cub?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 07:47:27 pm »
why not buy another alltec machine as you know how good they are and customer service is second
to none. ive always in the last 10 years brought there machines and they are so reliable and customers
always comment how good they look stick with alltec you wont be dissapointed

Aston Rayfield

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 09:36:50 am »
I'd just call Nick down at Solutions he's the expert on those machines and he's a really nice guy.

john martin

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 06:38:15 pm »
Hi everyone I am looking for a new machine and was very interested in the Jaguar cub mainly because of the size
I currently have a Alltec express machine which has 2 twin vacs
In your opinion does the Jaguar cub machine have enough vac power considering it only has one vac compared to my alltec express ?
Thanks any advice appreciated 👍
It wouldn't be more powerful  , especially if you have selected at least one higher powered 5.7 .   Thats an upgrade u could easily do on your express .  Would you be happy with a single 6.6 performance ? who knows ,it depends what you compare it to .
It would probably sound more powerful ( or noisier )though ...  where as the likes of Ashbys try to isolate their motors with  bolts and  rubber mounts  ,  the jag machines usually just tie the motor to the body with a big hose clip . This turns the whole casing into a musical instrument  ,amplifying the motors annoying resonant frequency . Interestingly Volkswagen  use the principle ( their soundaktor ) to amplifier engine noise in their sportier cars . Buts its not desirable in a portable .  :)
When i was getting an Express was asked russ chadd what he thought of his ,  for  sheer portability he really rated the design of his ashbys sensei  , big wheels ,light ,big handle .   But its up to you what u go for , i would just stick with what u got unless its worn out or u cant handle it for some reason .

davep

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 12:18:35 pm »
I've a cub and it performs well.  It's a really bad design when it comes to filling and emptying though.

Waste tank outlet is too high, plus there's a chance of water getting into the machine electrics due to the way the tanks are situated. 

Craig A Moore

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 08:41:23 pm »
not tried the cubs but they do look good I may get one next for tricky jobs as in flats

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 08:22:36 pm »
I was going to get a new machine..

then realised that if i pop in 2 new 7.2 3 phase motors... it's probably more than what i could get for my 1k budget...

john martin

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 10:23:05 pm »
I was going to get a new machine..

then realised that if i pop in 2 new 7.2 3 phase motors... it's probably more than what i could get for my 1k budget...
probably worth sticking with  it alright , at least until u can get something in the 2k+ bracket  .   Some of the 7.2s can be pricy for what they are , if u havent done it already ... look at fitting 5.7s or 6.6 for about 100 each .

JandS

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 09:57:06 am »
I'd buy Ashby's every time just for the pump.....been running coming on 8 years now with 2 services in all that time.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.