*Hector*

Re: Do you think.......
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2017, 07:19:28 pm »
Glyn may have come to the truck mount Party later than some but he's certainly Mr Truck Mount now and if anyone wants a lesson on how to print money, have a day out with him.

Who are you??

there was someone like you on here once upon a time.......

But we heard that he had become fossilised.....

;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2017, 07:19:56 pm »
Don't get me wrong, we all have awesome weeks from time to time but £187k a year is £3,600 a week and that's every week of the year without a holiday (closer to 4 grand a week every week if you reward yourself with a bit of holiday time).

With one tm that's a very impressive turnover if that's the case, well done.

Or maybe Glyn went to the same school of mathematics that Diane Abbott went too?  :)

alan lewis

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2017, 09:22:14 pm »
Don't forget, glynn has 2 trucks not one ?

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2017, 09:55:13 pm »
Don't forget, glynn has 2 trucks not one ?

I have no idea how many tm's he has but he was talking about one trunkmounts earning potential in the previous post.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2017, 10:03:04 pm »
You would be surprised how much a tm can earn in a week, if you e got the right sort of work. One thing I can tell you about Glyn, he never lies.

Anthony Parton

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2017, 11:03:18 am »
If the market for this machine was carpet cleaners the price would be more than quadruple the £11k  that is its actually cost.....

80 HP 4 cylinder turbo charged diesel engine
2 x 7250 psi pumps each at 25 litre per min
1000 litre water tank
2 x Power Reel with 90 metre high pressure hose
Filling reel with 50 metres of hose
Pulse Jet, 4 drain jets & 2 x wash down hand lance

All this for the same as Prochem Blazer with a lawn mower engine

Allegedly iPhones cost around £100 to manufacture but Apple still sell them for £600+

Ian Harper

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2017, 06:25:04 am »
Hi Mike

From my view i see that its a market size problem. First with who they can sell to. Then those people who they can sell to.

Its long been my view that given the productivity of a tm prices should be cheaper than guy with portable. Tm do give the wow factor to customers this with good back end marketing might make people clean more.

Why are the usa and uk markets so different?

We really need to grow out uk market then i am sure people selling to us would have more completion and prices would come down for top end gear as more would buy.

I can get my head around how we could have more carpet cleaners in uk and all get paid so we could all run tms?

Hope business is good for you?

Respects Ian

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2017, 08:14:07 pm »

Its long been my view that given the productivity of a tm prices should be cheaper than guy with portable. Tm do give the wow factor to customers this with good back end marketing might make people clean more.

???

That is some bizarre statement Ian. Why the hell would you want to be cheaper just because you can do more?? You should always try and increase your prices.

Ian Harper

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2017, 05:30:49 am »
Sorry not cheap was wrong word.

My point is about productivity and market size.

Market size should bring cheaper equipment for us. But but how do we get to a size where manufacturers want to build for us?

We have to tools to deal with a large market.

Carpet cleaning after many years is still not a thing most people have done why?

Is it price?

Year on year what growth do we see in our market.

My view is we dont sell. We all market to those already in the market for carpet cleaning, and not those that not.

The internet has made us lazy with regards to selling. And we lack to information to use the tools that the internet brings.

Guys go read mumsnet read how people see carpet cleaning. They are so uneducated.