harleyman

The younger customers
« on: August 24, 2021, 06:04:05 pm »
The younger generation  of customers in my opinion  don't seem  to last very long as the older  generation in my opinion I think is a novelty  for a few months and get worse for paying I've found lately  any body else found  the same. There are the odd exception

dazmond

Re: The younger customers
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 06:15:42 pm »
The younger generation  of customers in my opinion  don't seem  to last very long as the older  generation in my opinion I think is a novelty  for a few months and get worse for paying I've found lately  any body else found  the same. There are the odd exception

personally i think your a "dodgy customer" magnet...either that or you work some crappy areas as most of your posts are about less than ideal customers.....

i find a lot of younger customers absolutely fine,just like my older customers....its very rare i have any problems at all with customers...if i do they get dumped if its for persistent late payments
price higher/work harder!

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2021, 06:29:11 pm »
Don’t  have any problems with younger customers , most are very good and pay on the nail, very easy going compared to the OAP generation .

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 07:08:35 pm »
Both but I find some older ones try and hood wink sometimes. They've been there and done it for many years.
We look at them, they look through them.

JandS

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 09:07:26 pm »
Find younger ones are more acceptable to proper prices....they tend to not be fazed by higher prices.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

harleyman

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2021, 05:46:37 am »
I wouldn't  call it a crapy area most of them I have trouble with are on a new build estate  and quite affluent area looks like I will have to get my trainers whip out

harleyman

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2021, 05:52:47 am »
Must admit I've had more than my fare share of  shiiity customers in the past but slowly weeding them out trouble is its a small town and swamped wi shiners so I've started to travel  a couple of miles in all directions 

zesty

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 07:01:11 am »
I do find younger customers can prefer a longer frequency of clean, but don’t have any probs with the money.

Then again, most people who contact me for windows are mid 30’s onwards.

deeege

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2021, 07:17:55 am »
I wouldn't  call it a crapy area most of them I have trouble with are on a new build estate and quite affluent area looks like I will have to get my trainers whip out

You’ve answered your own question here Harley. Young customer in an affluent area on a new build estate = massive mortgage payments and bills to pay. Window cleaning will likely be way down the list of priorities when at the end of the month when the bills need paying,
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

richard connett

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2021, 07:31:02 am »
I’ve found younger customers sometimes don’t last as long but at least they don’t ask “what time”

james peters

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2021, 07:37:41 am »

There  is an element of truth in this .
If I was to look at customers I have had mess me about or pay late constantly. the younger ones would be the higher percentage by a long way .
The majority of my customers are over 40, and I prefer the age group of semi retired to retired.

however I do have some great customers in their late 20's early 30's that are good customers.

Bungle

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2021, 02:54:08 pm »
Chavs are the very worst for paying up. Send them to Afghanistan 👍
We look at them, they look through them.

Ralphie

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2021, 08:02:11 am »
younger customers more likely to sign up to DD so makes things easier.

mac74

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2021, 07:45:35 pm »
Younger customers are not as likely to be stuck in a "time warp" on wc prices, like many older ones are.