Phil J

Unger nLITE
« on: January 28, 2021, 07:20:04 pm »
Anyone else get the email from Unger about the upcoming launch of their revolutionary nLITE telescopic pole system?

NBwcs

Re: Unger nLITE
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 08:05:38 pm »
No but here it is. No mention of weight and price though.

https://www.ungerglobal.com/uk/the-all-new-nlite

NWH

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 08:35:48 pm »
What ever it is it’ll be too heavy I’ve never held a pole that’s better than a Gardiner Xtreme I gave the Ova a go on and off over the last few weeks the 22ft Job the collapsed length is shorter and I must admit great for working at an angle or sideways,nothing has ever tempted me away from the Gardiner full time though imo the best WFP so far ever on sale 👍.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 09:30:24 pm »
To be fair unger look like they ve upped their game...their poles look really great...I'm not sure about the shape of them though....theyll be heavier than Gardiners too so I'm out....
price higher/work harder!

Phil J

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 09:33:09 pm »
You're right lads, gonna be hard to beat Gardiner. Would love to know what's revolutionary about these Unger poles. NBwcs different specs and probably massively different price points.  Unger is great for trad gear so let's wait and see.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2021, 10:00:32 pm »
Marketing that’s what they have I’ve been tempted in the past by other poles-brands but always been let down when I’ve laid my hands on them,I could pick a pole up blindfolded and tell you whether I’d want to use it or not.

Lee GLS

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2021, 10:10:29 pm »
What ever it is it’ll be too heavy I’ve never held a pole that’s better than a Gardiner Xtreme I gave the Ova a go on and off over the last few weeks the 22ft Job the collapsed length is shorter and I must admit great for working at an angle or sideways,nothing has ever tempted me away from the Gardiner full time though imo the best WFP so far ever on sale 👍.

How much shorter is the pole collapsed? I can’t find the dimensions of them, does it have an extra section over the slx22?

NWH

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2021, 10:25:57 pm »
It’s shorter than the equivalent extreme but in use it feels noticeable shorter if you like the idea of no spinning it is a great pole it stops that completely,it’s slightly heavier than the extreme but it’s still light and feels more user friendly once the sections are worn in.
Clamp adjustment is minimal as you only need to worry about vertical dropping of the pole when you need to stop a pole spinning you need to tighten the clamps more,don’t forget a normal pole will spin if one section is loose whether it be 1st or last section I would recommend this pole in its lightest form,mine is the better quality carbon 1 they sell they nearly sent me the heavier carbon one till I read the email and corrected them they said they inputted that particular one out of routine as people usually buy the heavier pole,they said there’s not much difference in weight but the smallest amount you can feel at the end of any pole.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2021, 10:30:55 pm »
The sections are shorter on the Ova hence shorter collapsed length I think it’s got an extra section over the Extreme,it a very good quality pole the only other pole I’d buy at that size personally I wouldn’t go above 25ft with it but it’s very rigid the best thing you can do with the pole hose if it’s going near even warm water is put it in the bin,worst pole hose I’ve ever used.