KS Cleaning

Re: HSE covid spot check
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2021, 03:24:19 pm »
He’d turn round and get back in his car if I let him look in my garage I’ve more PPE in there than Chris Whitty gloves masks 😷 the lot 🤣🤣
Not once he got that condom aroma from your garage flooring, yous would be rolling about on it like pigs in blankets😁

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2021, 03:24:52 pm »
id of told him to jog on!too many scam artists and conmen knocking on peoples doors these days.....

...then id say "i just cant seem to get rid of this cough" before a mock coughing episode...that should send the jobsworth packing! ;D
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2021, 03:34:14 pm »
id of told him to jog on!too many scam artists and conmen knocking on peoples doors these days.....

...then id say "i just cant seem to get rid of this cough" before a mock coughing episode...that should send the jobsworth packing! ;D
It isn’t a scam, it’s genuine.

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2021, 03:40:55 pm »

It isn’t a scam, it’s genuine.

I dont care....i dont like people knocking on my door uninvited ok?  ;D

deeege

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2021, 03:56:29 pm »
He wouldn’t knock on your door Daz, the drug dealers next door would scare him away before he got anywhere near your flat 😂
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

NWH

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2021, 03:59:58 pm »
Like they’ve got the staff to go round knocking on window cleaners doors 🚪 🤣🤣 you should opened the door and gone ah ah ah achew,come please lol.

Bungle

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2021, 04:01:23 pm »
At 10:44 in the morning; why wasn't OP out grafting and why would someone come knocking your door asking questions about your social distancing etc when you would be expected to be out working? It doesn't add up. Either OP is on the wind up or the bloke knocking his door is suss.
We look at them, they look through them.

the king

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2021, 05:35:09 pm »
All sounds a bit strange to me  ::)roll

KS Cleaning

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2021, 05:39:46 pm »
At 10:44 in the morning; why wasn't OP out grafting and why would someone come knocking your door asking questions about your social distancing etc when you would be expected to be out working? It doesn't add up. Either OP is on the wind up or the bloke knocking his door is suss.
Because OP doesn’t work in constant heavy rain. I was picked at random, I phoned HSE to ask if it was genuine and they confirmed it was. If you google Covid spot checks you will get the info on there.

NWH

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2021, 06:18:15 pm »
What is anyone going to gain by catching 1 small business they want to go out and look at how many old people that have just had the jab are now walking about without masks on,it’s turned into an over 70s spreading fest.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2021, 06:49:50 pm »
Like they’ve got the staff to go round knocking on window cleaners doors 🚪 🤣🤣 you should opened the door and gone ah ah ah achew,come please lol.
Once again your inability to read other posts on the subject matter has left you looking a bit foolish. As has already been stated in a few of the posts, it isn’t HSE staff who are carrying out the checks, it’s representatives working in partnership with the HSE. In my area it’s a debt collection company who have been appointed, which makes sense as otherwise they would probably be on furlough or even worse,  without a job.

NBwcs

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2021, 07:58:59 pm »

Quite possibly legit..
https://www.hse.gov.uk/coronavirus/regulating-health-and-safety/spot-inspections.htm

combat1

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2021, 08:34:07 pm »
Knock on baby! Got two social distancing signs, social distancing hi viz , nitrile gloves and wear a face mask for all my work.
Covid statement as well.
Over the top? Probably but I’m 70, have a young son who I want as many years with as possible.
Also customers and passers by  just stroll up all the time. It’s amazing how many people just ignore the guidelines.
I bet I’m in for a slating for this post butI have to work and if I catch Covid that’s it.
Stay safe all

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2021, 09:22:01 pm »
He wouldn’t knock on your door Daz, the drug dealers next door would scare him away before he got anywhere near your flat 😂

The drug dealers dead mate....died last year...loads of police turned up but apparently it was an overdose but he had enemies so they were just making sure he wasn't murdered.....

Steven Biggs

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2021, 10:32:16 pm »
Opening there for ya daz . Easy money .

Splash & dash

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2021, 10:41:18 pm »

Quite possibly legit..
https://www.hse.gov.uk/coronavirus/regulating-health-and-safety/spot-inspections.htm

From this it appears they are checking  premises to make sure they are compliant , we as window cleaners dont have a premiss we work outside most of the time , from job to job so don’t see why they would bother checking on us at home ?? Ime not saying it couldn’t happen just that is seams a pointless exercise and there time could be better spent else ware .

KS Cleaning

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2021, 12:09:17 am »

Quite possibly legit..

From this it appears they are checking  premises to make sure they are compliant , we as window cleaners dont have a premiss we work outside most of the time , from job to job so don’t see why they would bother checking on us at home ?? Ime not saying it couldn’t happen just that is seams a pointless exercise and there time could be better spent else ware .
I agree

Spruce

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2021, 09:01:23 am »
Knock on baby! Got two social distancing signs, social distancing hi viz , nitrile gloves and wear a face mask for all my work.
Covid statement as well.
Over the top? Probably but I’m 70, have a young son who I want as many years with as possible.
Also customers and passers by  just stroll up all the time. It’s amazing how many people just ignore the guidelines.
I bet I’m in for a slating for this post butI have to work and if I catch Covid that’s it.
Stay safe all

This is a good point. I need to do a Covid Risk assessment. Thank you.

This disease could be with us for years to come if some experts  are right. When we get older we take on a different mindset of self protection as the risks are that much higher.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

carl stanton

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2021, 09:41:42 am »

I decided to go out to his car when he was filling out paperwork as I was a bit sceptical, this is what he showed me.

No sceptical, sensibly cautious! I could make one of those documents easily. Not good proof of permission and purpose. But hey maybe I’m to expectant of a gold guilting certificate 😊

Ascjim

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2021, 10:00:05 am »
No ID?