Klean07

Gutter vac carbon poles stuck together
« on: January 23, 2021, 11:48:15 am »
After doing our last gutter yesterday a couple of the tubes got wedged together we tried twisting, pulling but couldn't release them any idea's?
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

Re: Gutter vac carbon poles stuck together
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 12:22:37 pm »
After doing our last gutter yesterday a couple of the tubes got wedged together we tried twisting, pulling but couldn't release them any idea's?

Try a bit of heat from a hot air gun on just the outer bigger end and get 2 people to twist in opposite directions , once apart clean and spray with silicone lube this will help it happening again .

NWH

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 02:23:25 pm »
With another person you twist 1 pole one way while the other person twists the other in the opposite direction,you can spray WD40 or dry lube between the sections where they are stuck some might work it’s way between them.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2021, 03:03:38 pm »
With another person you twist 1 pole one way while the other person twists the other in the opposite direction,you can spray WD40 or dry lube between the sections where they are stuck some might work it’s way between them.

Hey Splash - looks like you got yourself a parrot - or a stalker  ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2021, 04:24:28 pm »
You could always knock gutter clearing on the head I’m not a fan of it I sub it out and get paid for not having to get covered in mud lugging that bin around,I’m still waiting to see an attachment that cleans well and doesn’t keep getting stuck full of debris and actually fits in a gutter lol.

Mx19

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2021, 09:06:43 pm »
I find heat on the outside and roll a piece of ice inside the inner tube helps a lot as it shrinks the inner tube while the heat expands the outer.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 10:37:47 pm »
Yeh that’s practical lol.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 11:34:59 pm »
If anyone has enough good window cleaning work they wouldn’t do gutters imo it’s a messy horrible job.

Klean07

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2021, 11:54:23 am »
If anyone has enough good window cleaning work they wouldn’t do gutters imo it’s a messy horrible job.
A change is as good as a rest though plus can earn treble compared to wc.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2021, 03:00:21 pm »
I dont find it messy with a vac at all you must be doing it wrong.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2021, 03:18:41 pm »
A change is as good as a rest though plus can earn treble compared to wc.
That’s your opinion.

Smudger

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2021, 05:02:26 pm »
mind you - if they invented a hot gutter clearing machine at 15K you'd get it and be the best thing since sliced bread  ;D ;D ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2021, 05:15:28 pm »
No I wouldn’t I don’t need to do gutter jobs if I do happen to do any it’s only for existing customers and I do them on a horrible day hence it’s a muddy job,hardly ever done a job when you don’t need to get up to do something by hand.
I’ve looked at some that are on the market now and I must admit they do look easier to use,the one I have the hose just slides on the base pole which when it twists comes off and it’s a pain.

tomasxguty

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2021, 08:11:46 pm »
Use the power of your van. Done in seconds  ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2021, 10:07:30 pm »
Use the power of your van. Done in seconds  ;D

Lol I’ve seen it all now 😂😂😂

Klean07

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2021, 12:18:30 pm »
Update; Couldn't get off so I emailed the company that supplied me with as it is only 11 months old. They replied straight away and have decided to send me a replacement for free which is due to arrive today!
If you don't ask you don't get!!

the king

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2021, 06:59:02 pm »
Get one person on each end pulling hard then were the sections join bend them in a circle moshion that should relece the sections