Steve Weatherley

Selling my van
« on: January 16, 2021, 08:31:32 pm »
I have a 2016 Vauxhall Vivaro 2900CDi Sport (owned from new) with Pure Freedom 650l delivery 2 man system. Thinking of selling it but not sure how much to advertise it for.
Full service history from main dealer and it's done just over 30,000 miles. I have just finished paying for it so it's time for a change to benefit from the tax relief a new van will bring.
Any ideas??

֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: Selling my van
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 08:38:49 pm »
Any ideas?
Yep, keep it and enjoy another 5+ years of free motoring in a one owner, ultra low mileage, lovely van!
Comfortably Numb!

simon w

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 08:47:29 pm »
Any ideas?
Yep, keep it and enjoy another 5+ years of free motoring in a one owner, ultra low mileage, lovely van!

That crossed my mind too  ;D

Ched

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 09:10:02 pm »
Just the van on it's own would be about £12K +vat. Plus the system.
To be honest if the van is reliable and you know the history so I would keep it. Save the money.

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 09:13:45 pm »
keep van. Higher profits - more tax due
sell and buy new - lower profits - less tax due

plus a nice new van ;D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 09:19:10 pm »

plus a nice new van ;D

Keep van, work less.👍
Comfortably Numb!

Ched

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 09:21:56 pm »

plus a nice new van ;D
At worst the tax is 40% so you keep 60% in your pocket!!!!!

NWH

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 10:05:00 pm »

plus a nice new van ;D
Yes Steve and get rid of it before the problems start keep the Tax bill down and you get to drive a new van again 👍.

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2021, 07:36:14 am »

plus a nice new van ;D

I've never really understood this. The tax man doesn't give you zip. He always takes. He lets you claim relief on new assets but you have had to earn the money to pay for that asset to begin with.

I go with winproclean, work less and keep the van a little longer.
There is more to life than being a servant to material possessions.

The motor trade won't agree, but that's because they need the sales. They use tax relief as a sales bait to sell new vehicles.

"Plus a nice new van." You are letting emotions drive you.

I'm not saying don't buy another van, that's your decision. But it needs to be for the right logical reasons. Decisions based on emotions aren't usually the best decisions imho.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2021, 07:56:40 am »
Just the van on it's own would be about £12K +vat. Plus the system.
To be honest if the van is reliable and you know the history so I would keep it. Save the money.

If he leaves the system in he limits his pool of buyers to window cleaners. Mr average window cleaner doesn't have that kind of money lying around or have access to that amount of credit.
So the system inside would probably reduce the value of the van.

Things could well have changed but in my motor trade days the van would be valued without the system and then the value reduced to account for labour costs to remove it and re- plylining the floor.

The system would be advertised on ebay for whatever they felt they could sell it for.
If memory serves me this is what happened to some of a fleet of window cleaning vans sold at auction from a company that went into liquidation a few years back now.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Lee Pryor

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2021, 08:58:47 am »
I have a 2016 Vauxhall Vivaro 2900CDi Sport (owned from new) with Pure Freedom 650l delivery 2 man system. Thinking of selling it but not sure how much to advertise it for.
Full service history from main dealer and it's done just over 30,000 miles. I have just finished paying for it so it's time for a change to benefit from the tax relief a new van will bring.
Any ideas??

What colour is it Steve? I am interested
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2021, 09:07:53 am »
I think someone just wants a new van. The fact that Lee is interested as a fleet owner is testament to its viability to continue being used.

Me? My van was bought new in 2012 and I still run it at 54000 miles. I have loot to one side for another but probably won't.

But it was nice buying new. If I were younger I might do it again but my original plan was to keep it 10/12 years if it was reliable. Which it is. So far.

It's pretty much depreciated out at ten years so each year is a bonus.

It also has a cam chain so I have saved at least one belt replacement so far.

But don't feel guilty for having a new van. Different courses for different horses!
It's a game of three halves!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2021, 11:03:22 am »

plus a nice new van ;D
At worst the tax is 40% so you keep 60% in your pocket!!!!!
+ NI contribution @ 9%

Phil J

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2021, 12:47:20 pm »
I can't understand why people constantly want a car(van) payment, it's paid for, keep it and stick the payment money in you're retirement account and enjoy life.

Steve Weatherley

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2021, 12:53:20 pm »
We all have different curcumstances and different agendas...
To be clear I wasn't asking anyone fir advice if I should sell so those comments are ignored.
I'm asking valuation ideas

The Van is grey btw

Mike Burd

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2021, 01:41:07 pm »
We all have different curcumstances and different agendas...
To be clear I wasn't asking anyone fir advice if I should sell so those comments are ignored.
I'm asking valuation ideas

The Van is grey btw
I reckon Lee will have that then. I'd have been interested if it was white.

david mark

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2021, 02:12:57 pm »
I have the same van will be paid off in April but keeping it. It has 30,000 miles .only problem ive had
Is the DPF filer has to be regenerated,plus back door latch are poorly paid

NWH

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2021, 02:34:12 pm »
Just map out that filter they are a pain in the A**e the regeneration doesn’t work most of the time,VW now have a machine to clean them  when they go in for a service etc.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2021, 03:42:14 pm »
I can't understand why people constantly want a car(van) payment, it's paid for, keep it and stick the payment money in you're retirement account and enjoy life.
It’s each to their own isn’t it, some folk like new cars/vans every 3-4 years, some prefer to be more frugal and put money into savings etc. Buying new cars isn’t the wisest decision from a financial point of view, but if it makes you happy and you can afford it, why not?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2021, 03:52:35 pm »
Any ideas??
I would be taking the system out and putting it in the new van. At today’s inflated prices I reckon you could get 11-12K for the van ( if there’s no VAT ) private sale.