Window Washers

What Marketing are you using ?
« on: June 12, 2012, 01:11:12 am »
just wondering what others are using for marketing strategies to gain more work

is it seo, only leaflets, door knocking ,a mixture, other ect ?

be interested to know what you guys are doing or want to do.

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

james peters

Re: WHAT Marketing are you using ?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 07:10:06 am »
at the moment , I am just using flyers.....I have been going for 20 years so I have a good established round.
I work in the rain....actualy I havn't had one lost day to bad weather this year, so I am petty busy every day. therefore hasving 3 kids and chilling time I don't like going canvassing in the evenings.

at the moment I try to put out a steady amount of flyers at targeted properties. it's suprising how many flyers you can put out at just 10 minuits a day.
my flyers are simple homemade black on white, but they seem to work for me.
I have 1 free line in yell.com and this gets me a very small amount of enquiries.

Mike #1

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 07:27:27 am »
Hi Ian i plan on using double sided glossy flyers and only targeting the new building developments and similar within the next few weeks . I should be getting my flyers this week but going on holiday next week .

So not sure wether to do a drop before i go away ,

Hoping the flyers will bring more traffic to my website and bring more work . I have a google + account which helps with my positioning on google searches for my services

Also i have received a £50 voucher from google for google adwords so intend on using this will be looking into creating an advert possibly after hols as i dont want potential custys ringing me and not getting an answer while away. MIKE

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 07:40:07 am »
i have leaflets and business cards but to be honest i dont go looking for new work very often.word of mouth and recommendation is where most new work comes from.

i occasionally leaflet and canvass the odd property if i get a new job in a new area but happy with what ive got workwise to be honest!!im also well established.18 years in the game.

im getting a steady stream of conny roof/fascia cleans coming in at present so i almost groan when i get another job!!! ;D ;D ;D

the great thing is when your well established you dont have to bother with much marketing!sign written van,business cards,leaflets,uniform,always do a good job and dont let customers down and work just comes to you!! ;) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 08:08:45 am »
Signwriting and a website plus a couple of free web ads. Don't need any more work.

Total shine cleaning services

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 08:18:42 am »
Cards and website, I find cards just as effective as leaflets but my cards do list the services we offer, have noticed also if someone rings you rather than having been canvassed you can price higher

Graham

Neil Gornall

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 09:12:09 am »
I took on a new employee a couple of months ago who is now fully up to speed. This means I now don't have much to do personally as the idea was for him to lighten my load so I can now start to build up the new work.
I have done all the usual stuff like flyers, door knocking, adverts, facebook page and facebook ads. all have reasonable results and I am getting a steady stream of new work but this Saturday I am going to try something new, I have not heard of it being done before (although I bet it must have)
I have rented a pitch on our local market in the centre of town.
Instead of a stall I will be parking my small van (they charge per foot) and standing all day giving out flyers and taking details to go and quote later.
I intend to extend a pole straight up to about 20' and fixing it to the roof rack so its secure to attract attention.
If it works the pitch is mine every week, if not I just say no thanks.
Not sure if it will work but worth a punt.

Roy Cauldery

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 10:03:47 am »
I took on a new employee a couple of months ago who is now fully up to speed. This means I now don't have much to do personally as the idea was for him to lighten my load so I can now start to build up the new work.
I have done all the usual stuff like flyers, door knocking, adverts, facebook page and facebook ads. all have reasonable results and I am getting a steady stream of new work but this Saturday I am going to try something new, I have not heard of it being done before (although I bet it must have)
Instead of a stall I will be parking my small van (they charge per foot) and standing all day giving out flyers and taking details to go and quote later.
I intend to extend a pole straight up to about 20' and fixing it to the roof rack so its secure to attract attention.

Good idea-be interested to see the results please?
Try boot fairs-cheap pitches and loads of people maybe
We got 3 x roller banners made up in preperation for doing just this with the plan of just sitting in the sun and drinking tea and letting people have a nose at what we do
Then the British summer arrived!!The banners are still in their boxes :'(

Roy
(doing the opposite of the rain dance)
we succeed because others can't or won't

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 10:12:38 am »
Seo
Leaflets
Door to Door knocking
Networking
Local Mag
Referrals

wightsurf

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 10:39:04 am »
Not much of a Market here any more...Last time i went there was only a few handbags and bit s and bobs.
Are you in to Markets now then Ian ?

As for, Quote >
just wondering what others are using for marketing strategies

I think its best to Haggle ,have a set price in mind  ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 10:46:02 am »
Not much of a Market here any more...Last time i went there was only a few handbags and bit s and bobs.
Are you in to Markets now then Ian ?

As for, Quote >
just wondering what others are using for marketing strategies

I think its best to Haggle ,have a set price in mind  ;D
I will forgive your oddness you are living on the Isle Of wight after all, I feel for you  ;D
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

wightsurf

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 10:54:30 am »
I think you should do a seminar talk here.We can all get together in the town church
maybe have tea and chat after.
 ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 11:04:37 am »
I think you should do a seminar talk here.We can all get together in the town church
maybe have tea and chat after.
 ;D

I will be down a couple of times in the next few weeks set it up  ;D

Neil Gornall

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 04:40:41 pm »

Stood on the market today, and I am very happy with the results.
Talking to the other guys on the various stalls it was "not a good day" yet I did very well. Got some very good leads to quote next week.  cost was only £18 for the day.
I think its one of those things that will get better as people get to know we are there. Plus I got to see plenty of existing customers and had plenty of time to chat with them which is good.
Next week I am doing the great north swim in lake windermere so one of my guys will stand, I can see a competition starting  :)
The only bad part about it was my pitch was 10 feet from the front door of Greggs.
TOOOO  much temptation,  ;D

john stracey

Re: What Marketing are you using ?
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 05:25:24 pm »
Did you have a banner on display

Neil Gornall

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 06:07:16 pm »
Did you have a banner on display
No, I decided not to invest any extra cash until I got a feel for what kind of results i might get.
After today I think I will look at better ways to "set out my stall" such as a banner ad.

I got some very good leads on domestics plus a possible on a large school, so well worth the time and effort.

Mike #1

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 06:48:02 pm »
Really Good to hear Neil did you get the email i sent you if not just ring me on 07588 751 617 . Mike

SB Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 07:23:16 pm »
i have leaflets and business cards but to be honest i dont go looking for new work very often.word of mouth and recommendation is where most new work comes from.

i occasionally leaflet and canvass the odd property if i get a new job in a new area but happy with what ive got workwise to be honest!!im also well established.18 years in the game.

im getting a steady stream of conny roof/fascia cleans coming in at present so i almost groan when i get another job!!! ;D ;D ;D

the great thing is when your well established you dont have to bother with much marketing!sign written van,business cards,leaflets,uniform,always do a good job and dont let customers down and work just comes to you!! ;) ;D ;D ;D
I pretty much do the same with the exception that i have a website too ;)

Neil Gornall

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2012, 08:58:55 am »
Really Good to hear Neil did you get the email i sent you if not just ring me on 07588 751 617 . Mike
Yes I got the email thanks Mike, I will let you know how I get on.

Hope to be up your way later in the summer/monsoon season so will look you up.

Mike #1

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2012, 09:24:04 am »
Ok mate , no probs your welcome . Mike

Klean07

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 02:23:21 pm »
Leaflets

Yell.com

Word of mouth

;D ;D ;D ;D
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 03:13:32 pm »
Mystic Meg ;D I'm going to pick up another customer tomorrow apparently ;)

richywilts

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 11:13:06 pm »
have you thought of taking a window with you and do demos you could get one knocked up cheap or target a double glazing firm who may have one lying around it may get peoples attention
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

H S and Son

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2012, 01:20:40 am »
 ???  ???